Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Powdercoated caliper exchange now available for z06!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powdercoated caliper exchange now available for z06!!!!

No more exchange, too many sets came back broken. Price is now 400 plus 40 return shipping.

Z06 Caliper Exchange, Terms and Conditions:

Calipers are disassembled, stripped, internal parts cleaned and reused, with any worn parts replaced as needed, and reassembled. You receive them in a ready to install condition.

The bolts that retain the padlets WILL be left in place for powder coating. I have successfully removed them 90% of the time, but occasionally, the hex bolt hole strips out and they are not removable. For the exchange program, I am going to have to leave them in for consistency. This means that when you change your brake pads you have to remove the 2 main caliper mounting bolts to change the pads. It’s actually a lot quicker to do this than to remove all the individual padlet bolts.

If choosing any shade of red calipers, the lettering HAS to be done in black. Unfortunately, when another color is added on top of red, it bleeds through. Other colors can have just about any color lettering you want.

I currently have color matches for all C6 colors, except Blade Silver and Cyber Gray. Those should be coming soon.

Custom logo lettering is also available, if you have any special requests, just let me know.

Cost is $350 plus $40 flat rate shipping, or $390 total. There is also a $1000 core charge.

Payment is only via Mastercard or Visa over the telephone, and the core charge will only be charged to your credit card in the event that the core caliper set is not returned as agreed.

The cores need to be shipped back within 10 days, or the core charge will be added to your credit card.
I don't need to receive them in 10 days, but I do need a tracking number for them. If its going to take a little longer than 10 days, just call or email me and keep me informed, and we can work with you.

CANADIAN CUSTOMERS - There is an additional $34.00 charge as UPS hits me up for that as a brokerage fee when you send me back the cores **************************************** ******************************
Some examples:

Last edited by corvette pilot; 07-09-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
BIGGGIE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Mike does a Great Job He did mine 5 months ago and there still in perfect condition! Thanks Mike!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
SidePipeMusic
Racer

They look great, and the exchange program will make this process much easier. This mod is definitely on my list to do.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Zee0hh6ix
Racer

Wow awesome. I change brake pads on a regular basis for HPDEs. (I remove then with the two bolts) How will they hold up?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Zee0hh6ix
Wow awesome. I change brake pads on a regular basis for HPDEs. (I remove then with the two bolts) How will they hold up?
While I can't make any guarantees for track days, all of my customers who do track their cars have had no problems with durability. I just redid a set of stoptechs that a customer is moving from one car to another. He did about 8 heavy duty track weekends, with some serious brake usage and the velocity yellow that I had done them in still looked like new when I stripped them to change the color for him.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:55 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

That's a good deal! Do you have any pictures of the color that's supposed to match Le Mans Blue?

Also, would anybody be able to explain the two bolt method? I haven't had to change pads yet (I don't do HPDE stuff, just drag) so I don't really know how it's done. I'm sure I could figure it out (did my heads/cam myself) but I prefer to see it done before trying it myself if possible.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Zee0hh6ix
Racer

Originally Posted by SteckDW
That's a good deal! Do you have any pictures of the color that's supposed to match Le Mans Blue?

Also, would anybody be able to explain the two bolt method? I haven't had to change pads yet (I don't do HPDE stuff, just drag) so I don't really know how it's done. I'm sure I could figure it out (did my heads/cam myself) but I prefer to see it done before trying it myself if possible.
There are two bolts (I use a 21mm socket) on the back side of the calipers. Loosen the bolts pull the calipers of the rotors (do not let hang - could cause damage to lines). This is simply the easiest way to get the pads on an off.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SteckDW
This is probably the best picture I have of LMB in regular calipers. With a flash it makes them look a lot lighter than they actually are, as its a candy blue over a base coat.
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Zee0hh6ix
There are two bolts (I use a 21mm socket) on the back side of the calipers. Loosen the bolts pull the calipers of the rotors (do not let hang - could cause damage to lines). This is simply the easiest way to get the pads on an off.
Oh hell, that's super easy, I had to do that when I dropped the engine cradle down from the car. Thanks... I feel stupid now. :lol
Old 08-30-2008, 02:01 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

What would you get to do a red set with lingenfelter on them ?

Also if i remove the bolts and send you my calipers is that a problem?
I was thinking of doing this over the winter !
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
What would you get to do a red set with lingenfelter on them ?

Also if i remove the bolts and send you my calipers is that a problem?
I was thinking of doing this over the winter !
Same Price. No problem if you want to send your own and remove the bolts, just let me know when you are ready and we will coordinate.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
qualitycare
Racer

Hey Mike, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have you do mine in JSB and black lettering (very similar to the picture you posted for LMB) at my first pad change. I will shoot you a PM when I get close. I'm excited already!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Great! Let me know. I don't anticipate having a waiting list on these, as its pretty low demand. The set went out last week, so it should be back in a week or two for anyone else interested.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Free bump on your thread -- I would love to get my calipers done to match my Velocity yellow paint but will have to hold out for a bit. I have to buy a new set of tires for my Z06 and an upcoming HPDE, and there is a very sweet AK-47 i have my eye on at the gun shop... lol

Your work looks top notch!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 AM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

The core set is back and ready to be recoated for whoever would like them.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

TTT for an excellent forum vendor.

Mine were the yellow Lingenfelter ones pictured for my old LPE. Outstanding craftsmanship and I can't begin to count the number of compliments that I had on them.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:22 PM
LT2UnderGlass
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike, when do you expect to start doing Cyber Gray?
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Powdercoated caliper exchange now available for z06!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 09 Cyber Grey Z
Mike, when do you expect to start doing Cyber Gray?
Thanks
If you are interested in them, I can go by Maxie Price tomorrow and compare color chips to see if I can find a match. Haven't had anyone ask yet.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:03 AM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

I have discontinued this service, as I sent the exchange set overseas and the buyer elected to pay the core charge and keep them.

HOWEVER, I am currently evaluating the effectiveness of high performance ceramic coatings on brake discs, so I am converting my own car back to Z51 calipers for the summer so I can do a couple track events and street driving and see how the ceramics hold up.

That being said, I do have an exchange set available again!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:21 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by corvette pilot
I have discontinued this service, as I sent the exchange set overseas and the buyer elected to pay the core charge and keep them.

HOWEVER, I am currently evaluating the effectiveness of high performance ceramic coatings on brake discs, so I am converting my own car back to Z51 calipers for the summer so I can do a couple track events and street driving and see how the ceramics hold up.

That being said, I do have an exchange set available again!
I have a brand new un-installed set of C6Z calipers still in the box. If I send them to you is it a guarantee that I will receive the same brand new ones back? I do not mind waiting a couple weeks or whatever the turn around is.

I would like to do VY with the Corvette logo and circles in black.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Powdercoated caliper exchange now available for z06!!!!