Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Lethal Z cam installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lethal Z cam installed!!!

I just picked up my car this afternoon after having a lethal z cam installed, and wanted to share my results with everyone. my z is an 08 with the following mods, american racing headers with hi flow xpipe, killerbee cold air intake with vette air scoop, ported intake manifold/tb, 160 thermo, oem rebuilt harland sharp rockers, hardened push rods, afr springs and lethal z cam package.

my baseline before the cam was 483/460 with all of the above mods except the lethal z cam package/rockers/pushrods/160 thermo. after the install, I gained 53whp/34tq which put me at 537/496.

I was really impressed with the driveability, and the increase in power is wicked . As you can see from the dyno chart, I gained power across the entire spectrum, not just the top end.

Shawn was a great guy to deal with, he called me on a regular basis to check the progress and made sure I was happy with everything . XXX Motorsports in Pensacola, FL handled the install and tune, couldnt be happier with their service.

here's a quick vid of my z idling.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpBZ1JGcz8s

the sound was echoing in my garage, she is a little more civil/quiet than the vid shows.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:35 AM
dpracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnin4
I just picked up my car this afternoon after having a lethal z cam installed, and wanted to share my results with everyone. my z is an 08 with the following mods, american racing headers with hi flow xpipe, killerbee cold air intake with vette air scoop, ported intake manifold/tb, 160 thermo, oem rebuilt harland sharp rockers, hardened push rods, afr springs and lethal z cam package.

my baseline before the cam was 483/460 with all of the above mods except the lethal z cam package/rockers/pushrods/160 thermo. after the install, I gained 53whp/34tq which put me at 537/496.

I was really impressed with the driveability, and the increase in power is wicked . As you can see from the dyno chart, I gained power across the entire spectrum, not just the top end.

Shawn was a great guy to deal with, he called me on a regular basis to check the progress and made sure I was happy with everything . XXX Motorsports in Pensacola, FL handled the install and tune, couldnt be happier with their service.

here's a quick vid of my z idling.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpBZ1JGcz8s

the sound was echoing in my garage, she is a little more civil/quiet than the vid shows.

Nice Take it to the track and and post up some times!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:36 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Very nice Austin. I am glad you are happy with car. Get that Wicked Lethal Cam'd Z on the track and get some real results where it counts. Thank you for again for going with a cam designed by Ragin Racin. It is greatly appreciated.

Shawn

RAGIN RACIN
Randy Leger
337-278-8397
sales@raginracin.com
http://www.raginracin.com

Old 10-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

^thanks again for everything! there is a possibility I might hit the track this saturday. I've been out of town all week, not sure how my wife and daughter will feel about me dissappearing all day, we'll see.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice results & the car sounds great

So, no real glitches in driveability?

Congrats
Old 10-17-2008, 03:31 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 567 Posts

Man that sounds great. I'm considering cam and headers right now. Just haven't moved on it yet.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:35 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

That's awesome !! What do lethal cam Z's usually run or trap? I would love to run one at the track for fun.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
Nice results & the car sounds great

So, no real glitches in driveability?

Congrats
the driveability isnt stock, but the power gain was worth the trade off. the 1600rpm range and below has a little bit of bucking, but we are going to try to eventually tune that out. I dont drive my z everyday, so it's not a big deal for me.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thegame
That's awesome !! What do lethal cam Z's usually run or trap? I would love to run one at the track for fun.
my car trapped 125mph in the qtr and 98mph in the 8th with zero wheel spin on the launch. mods at the time were headers, cai, ported intake manifold/tb 484/460. the lethal z cam added 53whp/36tq, so I'm guessing my new trap speeds are easily going to be 130mph+ in the qtr and 101mph+ in the 8th.

I will definitely be hitting the track within 1-2 weeks, and I'll be happy to post my results.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:49 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

my car trapped 125mph in the qtr and 98mph in the 8th with zero wheel spin on the launch. mods at the time were headers, cai, ported intake manifold/tb 484/460. the lethal z cam added 53whp/36tq, so I'm guessing my new trap speeds are easily going to be 130mph+ in the qtr and 101mph+ in the 8th.

I will definitely be hitting the track within 1-2 weeks, and I'll be happy to post my results.
Let me know please!! My new set up just ran 108mph in the 1/8th and 10.5 @135mph on a 275 drag radial. I love this set up and I am going to be running a friends bolt on 08 viper in a week at the track weather permitting.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

well, i doubt I'll trap 108/135, haha! your setup sounds a bit more aggressive than mine, good luck against the viper
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I think the car will be just fine going down the track. Here is thread to the Lethal in action.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1847085
Old 10-17-2008, 11:49 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ragin Racin
I think the car will be just fine going down the track. Here is thread to the Lethal in action.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1847085
No doubt those things run great!!! Sick cars
Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 AM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool If you need warranty work, can you just put it back to stock and take it to the dealer?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
Cool If you need warranty work, can you just put it back to stock and take it to the dealer?
uh, no. I would presume that my powertrain warranty has been sacrificed, however all other aspects of my car should be warrantied.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
USMCFRC
Burning Brakes

The new setup sounds bada$$!!! John(XXX) was telling me the other day about your setup. You picked the right shop to do the work! I may be pm'ing you in the future to see how the setup is still treating you. That may be the direction I am heading when it comes time to mod.

Enjoy that bada$$ car!

Ben
Old 10-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by USMCFRC
The new setup sounds bada$$!!! John(XXX) was telling me the other day about your setup. You picked the right shop to do the work! I may be pm'ing you in the future to see how the setup is still treating you. That may be the direction I am heading when it comes time to mod.

Enjoy that bada$$ car!

Ben
thanks! it's hard to beat a simple cam/headers/intake setup on these z's. In all honesty, the car is already traction limited, anymore power would be useless. she violently rips through the gears like a maniac

also, the best part about this cam is the gains are across the board. these is no dip or power loss over my previous setup with the stock cam, starting from 2k.

feel free to pm, happy to help!

Get notified of new replies

To Lethal Z cam installed!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 01:18 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

thanks! it's hard to beat a simple cam/headers/intake setup on these z's. In all honesty, the car is already traction limited, anymore power would be useless. she violently rips through the gears like a maniac

also, the best part about this cam is the gains are across the board. these is no dip or power loss over my previous setup with the stock cam, starting from 2k.

feel free to pm, happy to help!
Did you tell your friend with the coupe what you were getting or is this going to be an unpleasant surprise for him
Old 10-18-2008, 01:27 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

uh, no. I would presume that my powertrain warranty has been sacrificed, however all other aspects of my car should be warrantied.
Maybe just slip the service writer a hundred dollar bill to overlook these "minor" mods.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
Maybe just slip the service writer a hundred dollar bill to overlook these "minor" mods.
You know it really depends on the dealer. I know one in New Jersey that has even worked on supercharged vettes under warrenty. They are cool and they told me "listen, we know many people buys these cars to mod them. If the problem is a direct result of a mod you did then of course we cannot work on it but if it is unrelated, for sure bring it in and I'll be happy to work on it. Cool guys That was Paramus auto mall on rt 17 in Paramus. In my opinion their salesmen suck but their mechanics are awesome.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Lethal Z cam installed!!!