Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Mark your calendars for Katech Track Attack 2009!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer
Track Attach 2008 was a great, well organized event. The time, quality and effort put forth was noticeable in every aspect, not to mention the color brochure.

AMAZING!

I'll be there, anxiously awaiting MILLION DOLLAR CORNER at unprecedented speed . . . .
Now Don, you know to give up MILLION DOLLAR corner and hall a** through all the others!

Jim
Old 10-24-2008, 06:36 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Ankur,

If all goes as planned, it will not be your first time at Autobahn!
I am counting on it

I am doing prep work, no Q I will be all set by the time next season begins.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:05 PM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Painrace
Noel, how big is your tent? Want some company?

Jim

Tent? I was just gonna bring a blanket, my Katech hat and last year's program to pass the time. A tent sounds very classy... great idea!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:10 PM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Katech
You don't need a Katech car to attend.

Can you share more about the format? I live in KC and this would probably make my mind up about making the trip up there to run a few hot laps with all of you and hopefully become more competitive (and get humbled at the same time).

Cost, requirements, etc...thanks!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by TAILWAG

Can you share more about the format? I live in KC and this would probably make my mind up about making the trip up there to run a few hot laps with all of you and hopefully become more competitive (and get humbled at the same time).

Cost, requirements, etc...thanks!
Its 2 solid days of back to back 20 minute sessions 9am-5pm with a 1 hour break for lunch. Three run groups of beginner, intermediate and advanced. Professional instruction by top drivers. Last year we had Ron Fellows (ALMS), Andy Pilgrim (World Challenge), Brian Kubinski (World Challenge), Jaber Al-Khalifa (Porsche Cup & 24hr of Nurburgring). HPDE instructors Mike Newlander, Don Esbjornson, Frank Gonzales, Dean Conti, Adam Boca and myself. I hope I'm not leaving anybody out. Catered meals, on-scene mechanics, vendors, goodies, and Corvette Forum comradiere.

If you're coming to run a "few hot laps" you are in for a treat. Last year most people ran as many sessions as their brakes, tires, and bodies could handle. This isn't one of those driving events where you sit around all day and barely get any track time. The sessions move fast and you will get a lot of track time.

Cost for this year has not been set, but If you ask anybody who went last year I'm sure they'll say the value was by far worth it.

Requirements: A car that passes tech inspection, long sleeves and pants, and a SA2005 certified helmet.

(e) zach@katechengines.com

Last edited by Katech_Zach; 10-25-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:34 PM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its 2 solid days of back to back 20 minute sessions 9am-5pm with a 1 hour break for lunch. Three run groups of beginner, intermediate and advanced. Professional instruction by top drivers. Last year we had Ron Fellows (ALMS), Andy Pilgrim (World Challenge), Brian Kubinski (World Challenge), Jaber Al-Khalifa (Porsche Cup & 24hr of Nurburgring). HPDE instructors Mike Newlander, Frank Gonzales, Dean Conti, Adam Boca and myself. I hope I'm not leaving anybody out. Catered meals, on-scene mechanics, vendors, goodies, and Corvette Forum comradiere.

If you're coming to run a "few hot laps" you are in for a treat. Last year most people ran as many sessions as their brakes, tires, and bodies could handle. This isn't one of those driving events where you sit around all day and barely get any track time. The sessions move fast and you will get a lot of track time.

Cost for this year has not been set, but If you ask anybody who went last year I'm sure they'll say the value was by far worth it.

Requirements: A car that passes tech inspection, long sleeves and pants, and a SA2005 certified helmet.
I have to agree that a lack of track time is fortunately NOT an issue... we had to listen carefully for the next announcement that we were up again for our next session. Learning from this group of world-class professional race drivers and enthusiastic Autobahn veterans (all of them humble, friendly and approachable, now matter how big their reputation) makes this a unique track event.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:40 PM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Its 2 solid days of back to back 20 minute sessions 9am-5pm with a 1 hour break for lunch. Three run groups of beginner, intermediate and advanced. Professional instruction by top drivers. Last year we had Ron Fellows (ALMS), Andy Pilgrim (World Challenge), Brian Kubinski (World Challenge), Jaber Al-Khalifa (Porsche Cup & 24hr of Nurburgring). HPDE instructors Mike Newlander, Don Esbjornson, Frank Gonzales, Dean Conti, Adam Boca and myself. I hope I'm not leaving anybody out. Catered meals, on-scene mechanics, vendors, goodies, and Corvette Forum comradiere.

Sounds like something that I might want to do ... for sure! Are the laps timed I assume?
Old 10-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Count me in for sure!!

This is going to be a great event. I can tell already!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
Count me in for sure!!

This is going to be a great event. I can tell already!

Plz bring your GT-R for this and not the Z06, it would be more fun that way
Old 10-25-2008, 10:55 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to do this and it's very close, but I've never done a HPDE. Am I still OK to participate?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dfinke23
I would love to do this and it's very close, but I've never done a HPDE. Am I still OK to participate?
Absolutely!

There will be instructors to work with drivers of all skill levels. Beginners will have instructors riding along for every session. This will be a great event to learn a lot about your Corvette in a safe environment.

I see this event as a destination.

Yes, there will be track time and a lot of it, but this event is very unique compared to your average track rental day.

We will have to await Katech's formal agenda, but those that attended last year can vouch for the many intangibles that were priceless.

Going for a ride with Ron Fellows in a C6RS
Having Andy Pilgrim drive your car
Listening to Brian Kubinski coach you from the passenger seat
Pratt & Miller setting up camp with Katech's snacks and drinks
Aaron Pfadt explaining first hand suspension techniques
etc...........

I'm sure there will be some variations this year dependant on scheduling but rest assured the thrill from the first green flag will be there for 2 straight days.

The commeraderie and the friendships that will be made/continued is reason enough to attend. Everything else is just gravy!

Mike
Old 10-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
Sounds like something that I might want to do ... for sure! Are the laps timed I assume?
The focus on this event is safety.

Although some cars have data acquisition systems, the idea of this event is learning/enjoying your car and seeing person how potent the Katech power-plants really are.

If you want a general idea of your time, there are a few ways to calculate it.

Depending on one's skill level we have a few choices.

Mike
Old 10-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vette ruminator
I have to agree that a lack of track time is fortunately NOT an issue...
Noel,

Your avatar pic was worth the admission fee by itself!

From Bowling Green to Autobahn ....that one will be hard to beat this year!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Old 10-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HPDE instructors Mike Newlander, Don Esbjornson, Frank Gonzales, Dean Conti, Adam Boca and myself.
Jason I did not know/realize that you too were an instructor last time, my bad. I would have tapped on your shoulder.... and I will definitely try to tag you a time or two this next event if possible.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:55 AM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HPDE instructors Mike Newlander, Don Esbjornson, Frank Gonzales, Dean Conti, Adam Boca and myself. I hope I'm not leaving anybody out.
How about me Jason???

Steve Landstra
2009 Cyber Gray Z06
Old 10-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
Plz bring your GT-R for this and not the Z06, it would be more fun that way
I would bring both cars but since this is primarily a Corvette event out of respect I don't think that would be right IMO....but I have to admit it did cross my mind since it will be in Chicago anyway.

I just want to become a better driver and it looks like there won't be any shortage of instructors to make that happen...personally I can't wait!

What a way to get over the winter blues..

Get notified of new replies

To Mark your calendars for Katech Track Attack 2009!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by SLandstra_Z06
How about me Jason???

Steve Landstra
2009 Cyber Gray Z06
You did not attend last year Steve....
Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

the most fun part i am looking forward to is the racing and to meeting some regular posters on here
Old 10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
SLandstra_Z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adam Boca
You did not attend last year Steve....

Sorry, Adam, I misread the post. Thought that was the list for the 2009 event. I'll be there this year, wouldn't miss it.

Steve

Quick Reply: [Z06] Mark your calendars for Katech Track Attack 2009!