Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Where did Ranger go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackedOutZ06
who's ranger? never really pay attention to the people that posts things just read what ever titles I think are interesting.
driver extra ordinaire, and the father of " keep your clutch fluid clean" procedures among other things
Old 11-05-2008, 08:42 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spotted "Ranger" at a shopping mall recently. He was wearing big black sun glasses, as the movie studio told him the "mask" was their property.

He was there with a white horse, and a dark skinned dude from I think TOraNTO.

Looked all wrinkly-----really old dude.

In fact I think he may be dead now.
-------------------------------------
Who was that masked man ?

Hi HO....SILVER...away...........
Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Madsen
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

He is a straight up guy. I miss his posts as well. He doesn't know me but gave me his number to call and help me in a couple of areas.

most would not do that.

he is a good guy.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This question comes up quite often.

This forum can be quite addicting with the vast amount of resources shared by all the members.

Until you get annoyed by the few members who are allowed to continuously to be rude, flame, bash and challenge their fellow members. Just like they did with Ranger and many others.

This is apparent with many of the current threads on this forum. Or even some of the comments on this thread.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by dgdoc
Ranger is around. Saw him at the track a couple weeks ago. He's still running strong and most importantly having a lot of fun at the track. That's what its all about.

Ranger provided a lot of good info here -- and despite a few haters that made a point of going out of their way to cut him down, I think he thoroughly enjoyed the interaction with the other 99.9% of the folks here.

And as far as some that believe that modern day racing does not have any science or technology behind it, and that there is no need to understand these components, I am not going to be able to change your mind.

Obviously, the driver component is critical and excellent driving will extract great times. But there are other factors that need to be understood.

Hopefully, people will continue to come to CorvetteForum to share their experiences, knowledge, and lessons learned. I know I have learned a lot here and appreciate having CF and the community here as an invaluable resource.

Well said...

I would like to add that usually, these are the same people that say the samething about nascar. No technology since they are still racing with pushrods. Wow, OMG!

"Wait, the Z06 has pushrods too and only one cam. DAMN IT, i need to sell it quickly before the mullets starts to grow in!"
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I messaged him a while back and got a prompt reply. I'm sure hes doing well.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:43 AM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Ranger is a good guy and is well missed. He gave me nothing but good information with any question I might have about my Z, or drag racing. There were some members on here that seemed to have it out for him. I think he finally had enough of it and took a break. I dont blame him.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,477 Likes on 2,278 Posts

If the conduct of folks on the Forum, and the general tenor of the discussions are driving away good folks like Ranger, then that is disappointing, and something the membership should take to heart. The CF is supposed to be a place for people to share knowledge and help each other out. When we have highly knowledgeable folks like Ranger, we ought to welcome their input and participation. We don't all have to agree (or disagree for that matter), with info posted. But running off knowledge simply because of an eroding quality of the posting environment is foolish.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Futfixr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OnPoint
If the conduct of folks on the Forum, and the general tenor of the discussions are driving away good folks like Ranger, then that is disappointing, and something the membership should take to heart. The CF is supposed to be a place for people to share knowledge and help each other out. When we have highly knowledgeable folks like Ranger, we ought to welcome their input and participation. We don't all have to agree (or disagree for that matter), with info posted. But running off knowledge simply because of an eroding quality of the posting environment is foolish.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Well put. Ironically, this latest behavior trend doesn't exist in the older Corvette generation Forums, such as C1 and C2, where the heritage of the marque is still held to a higher standard. What we're seeing is the fallout from the "Corvette re-engineered for the masses" syndrome. Corvette is fast becoming the old Camaro. Sad.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Default he is a class act

I have been to several track rentals with ranger and he is a class act. He will go out of his way to help you with anything at the track to make your day as successful as his. If you have the pleasure of meeting him in person as I have, you would be hardpressed to say a negative thing about him!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Because of how large and active this forum is, it is always going to reflect the bell shaped curve of human nature pretty closely (I like to call it a microcosm of society). We can all strive for improvement, but at the same time we all need to accept people for what they are and not get our feelings hurt by folks sitting in a dark basement in their underwear hiding behind the anonymity of the computer screen.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
ThatOne
Instructor

Originally Posted by jschindler
Because of how large and active this forum is, it is always going to reflect the bell shaped curve of human nature pretty closely (I like to call it a microcosm of society). We can all strive for improvement, but at the same time we all need to accept people for what they are and not get our feelings hurt by folks sitting in a dark basement in their underwear hiding behind the anonymity of the computer screen.
Don't worry, my feelings are not hurt in the least. You guys can put on some pants on and come on out of the basement now. Dinner is ready.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ranger nice guy here and I met him at Carlisle few years back.

Some times you need thick skin to survive this forum especially in the political or off topic section. I try to type what I would say to someone's face.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Z06pack
Instructor

I have a lot of respect for ranger......someone that took the time to share his experience on the forum.
There is someone on this thread that needs a boot from the forum.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 133 Likes on 69 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Z06pack
I have a lot of respect for ranger......someone that took the time to share his experience on the forum.
There is someone on this thread that needs a boot from the forum.
couple
Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 PM
WFO
Drifting

Probably bought a Viper and didn't want to upset anyone.

Get notified of new replies

To Where did Ranger go?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:27 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 968 Likes on 574 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Ranger is a great guy. I learned alot from him about corvette's. To this day, I still change the clutch fluid in all my manual cars. He will be back, don't worry. A asset for sure.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
I feel kind of violated. How did you KNOW? I didn't leave my webcam turned on again did I?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 212 Likes on 163 Posts

I have raced with Ranger twice & have spoken to him both on the phone & via PM's.
There is not a guy more willing to help here then him. He gave me his phone # BEFORE I even owned my C6Z to call him with any questions or concerns I had about buying one, let alone to discuss racing one.

When I beat his (at that time) record, HE was the one forcing me to take a picture (that HE himself took) to post in my thread here on the forum.
There isn't a more classy, analytical (maybe Dgdoc lol), technical driver anywhere here. He may come off wrong to some, but if you know him you quickly realize he is a VERY nice guy!

I TOO hope he returns! His posts are/were invaluable!

Ron

Quick Reply: [Z06] Where did Ranger go?