Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] 705rwhp zr1 achieved! Video inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:14 AM
nc1205
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 BAD ZR1
Nope, you are not correct about the fastest. My Hennessey ZR1 pulled a 138 in the 1/4. Second, you do not make 700hp at the rear wheel. If so, you need to prove it by showing a SAE corrected dyno sheet. And if you do make 700hp to the tire, then why is your car slower in speed than my ZR1 that makes 590hp to the tire. And last, the music still sucks.
What more prove than my dyno run unless you are blind.That run that you did 138 your ET was 11.3 that means you was speening tire thats the reason of 138. You need to go back to Hennessey and spend some more $$$$ so one day you could be next to me on the track. The good thing is that I do this on my back yard, and not need to pay any body. I already working on my next step, and I'm sorry for the music but this is Miami and we do have a life here.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by nc1205
What more prove than my dyno run unless you are blind.That run that you did 138 your ET was 11.3 that means you was speening tire thats the reason of 138. You need to go back to Hennessey and spend some more $$$$ so one day you could be next to me on the track. The good thing is that I do this on my back yard, and not need to pay any body. I already working on my next step, and I'm sorry for the music but this is Miami and we do have a life here.
Maybe less wrenching and rap/hip hop music and more schooling? Seriously, your grammar (speelling and riteing) are barely grade 2 equivalent. I am sure you are an educated man, maybe just LAZY???
Old 02-21-2009, 02:06 AM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
Overall the numbers aren't bad...but from 630 to 700rwhp....not sure in this case if it was worth it. I think the guys at Hennessey did a much better job and they actually got 700 out of their ZR1.
How exactly did you come to that conclusion? Have you seen both cars? The OP's car made 700 at the wheels and Hennessey's made 59x.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,383 Likes on 1,240 Posts

Why does anyone care who is first or last to do anything, much less make a HP number? Talk about a false sense of identity.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Why does anyone care who is first or last to do anything, much less make a HP number? Talk about a false sense of identity.
Well, having been on this forum for a while, it has always been like this and it always will be. You should of seen the Cartek versus everybody else wars, they were classics. Then there were the "we are the quickest headers, cam, intake Vette in the World" then the reply would be "Oh yea?, we are the quickest cam, headers, Hurst shifted Vette in the world"
The funniest thing I like that is still the same is the phrase "In the world" Like they know how quick every single Vette in the world is.
Not every quick Vette knows or cares about the Corvette Forums quick list.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:12 AM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer44
Maybe less wrenching and rap/hip hop music and more schooling? Seriously, your grammar (speelling and riteing) are barely grade 2 equivalent. I am sure you are an educated man, maybe just LAZY???
I think his grade 2 education is the result of listening to the rap music. Or, the other way around.

Last edited by 1 BAD ZR1; 02-21-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Sawbladz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks to me like they were having traction issues on the dyno. I know all the big hp Supra guys have this problem and need to resort to extra weight in the hatch. Was this necessary at all here?
Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1 BAD ZR1
I think his grade 2 education is the result of listening to the rap music. Or, the other way around.
I don't think English is his first language .....so be easy on him.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by GaryZ06
I don't think English is his first language .....so be easy on him.
No excuse at all, Google toolbar has spell check, that would help 80%. If he is of another land, we can work around the Grammar, no excuse for the spelling though, too many easily downloaded programs to spell check quickly and effortlessly. It is pure laziness or lack of respect.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:14 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by CFHay
How exactly did you come to that conclusion? Have you seen both cars? The OP's car made 700 at the wheels and Hennessey's made 59x.
Iam not going to bicker over the numbers. One persons dyno compared to anothers can be off. To me...the dyno is great and all but really doesn't prove a thing. All I was really pointing out was the unpolished ZR1, I saw in the video that was put up. Plain and simple. I saw their video, I saw Hennessey's. I know Iam not the only one, cause some others have spoke out about it too. Saying the cam doesn't sound tuned right and that the car was having trouble idle'ing. Its great they ran the numbers they did at the track. The car definitely has more in it though and the tune to be improved upon. Like I have said all along....to each their own.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens in the future.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 AM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

In all fairness, when someone enters the board boasting numbers about “quickest” and “fastest” they need to be prepared for skepticism and challenges to their claim. With that in mind, if 1 BAD ZR1 did 138 @ 11.x it’s still 138, even if it’s not pretty.

Again I wish you luck, keep us informed on your progress
Old 02-22-2009, 07:16 AM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

^I believe he actually did 137.8x so not quite 138 lol.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:26 AM
nc1205
Instructor

Wow people on here feel a lot better about themselves criticizing someone else's grammar instead of criticizing what everyone is on here for, the car, a CORVETTE. Some of us weren't born into this country and some of us don't really care and have the need to write so gramatically correct when posting on a forum. Is there a button on here where I can send my post to the editor-in-chief before it gets posted?

And numbers are numbers, we are just having fun pushing the limits to our ZR1 on our own. And this isn't the only car we have worked on in the past.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 AM
BLACK 08
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KLLRVET
What dipsh1t decided to add that C rap music to the video. Corvettes and C rap music is worse then milk and OJ...YUK!
Yea really..I couldn't even get through half of the vid..Good lord !!!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Wow people on here feel a lot better about themselves criticizing someone else's grammar instead of criticizing what everyone is on here for, the car, a CORVETTE. Some of us weren't born into this country and some of us don't really care and have the need to write so gramatically correct when posting on a forum. Is there a button on here where I can send my post to the editor-in-chief before it gets posted?

And numbers are numbers, we are just having fun pushing the limits to our ZR1 on our own. And this isn't the only car we have worked on in the past.
Please don't use your buddies "race" card on us now that your posting for him. It isn't the grammar,we can live with that, it is his atrocious spelling. All he has to do after he writes his post, is hit "SPELL CHECK" before he hits the submit button, it is common courtesy. Doesn't matter what country your from. Download this tiny little program and he will be posting like everybody else here who are from many, many different countries. For Internet Explorer: http://toolbar.google.com/T5/intl/en/index.html

For Firefox: http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/.../en/index.html

Old 02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW ok guys the guy isn't obviously from here and doesn't have the most perfect grammar. It will be ok
loosen up, it seems like this is turning into a pissing match. He is obviously doing well for himself if he can get a ZR1 and mod it and not worry about breaking it. His is obviously not going to be a garage queen.

As for the fastest ZR1, how about they line up next to each other and see who is faster? wouldn't that be easier?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:25 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bgreen83
WOW ok guys the guy isn't obviously from here and doesn't have the most perfect grammar. It will be ok
loosen up, it seems like this is turning into a pissing match. He is obviously doing well for himself if he can get a ZR1 and mod it and not worry about breaking it. His is obviously not going to be a garage queen.

As for the fastest ZR1, how about they line up next to each other and see who is faster? wouldn't that be easier?
You should watch out cause some on here will accuse you of being his "Buddy"....

Get notified of new replies

To 705rwhp zr1 achieved! Video inside

Old 02-22-2009, 12:49 PM
warren s
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

Very cool car, and 700 ponies is fantastic......

But is getting 700 horsepower out of car that costs over 120 grand really that impressive?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:12 PM
redknight
Racer

Originally Posted by warren s
Very cool car, and 700 ponies is fantastic......

But is getting 700 horsepower out of car that costs over 120 grand really that impressive?
yes
Old 02-22-2009, 03:11 PM
vettebuyer27
Intermediate

Default music

Your car is cool, but your music preferences blow chunks

Quick Reply: [ZR1] 705rwhp zr1 achieved! Video inside