Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Speedline Wheels .... Factory Chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 AM
grego37
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Speedline Wheels .... Factory Chrome?

Im looking at a set of 'speedline made in Italy' 2007 Z06 wheels in chrome,
Is there a way to tell if this chrome was from the factory, or if it was done elsewhere???
The inside barrel is not painted, and not chromed , it is machined finish
and on the back side of the lug mounting flange , in small stamps it says 'chrome tech'

Were chrome wheels even an option from the dealer at all?

thanks

Last edited by grego37; 03-25-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For most of 2007, factory Speedlines were polished or painted - 2 styles silver and dark "competition" grey. The Ron Fellows editions were the first to have chrome wheels. At the very end of 2007, the chrome ones could be special ordered. We have one of the last 2007s built and we did special order the chrome wheels. Stupid us, we then 'blacked out' our black Z so used LG World Challenge wheels powdercoated black. The factory Speedlines are in boxes in the garage. They say "Speedline" inside (on the spokes) and the barrels are painted a very light grey color. They were made in Italy.

BTW, the chrome Speedlines are for sale - $1,000 plus shipping. Not a scratch. Includes center caps, but we used the pressure sensors in the LG wheels.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I have a set of factory chrome Z06 wheels and, like NavyVet says, the barrel is painted a light gray color.

The biggest give-away of aftermarket chromed wheels is usually that the center cap is not like the factory center cap.

The factory center cap has a full-color genuine C6 crossed-flag logo.

Most aftermarket chromed wheels, even if they are a set of OE wheels that has been chromed later on, will have a generic crossed-flag symbol (not any kind of official Corvette logo) and usually not in color.

You can get OE center caps but they are VERY expensive. There are some aftermarket repro center caps that look just like the OE ones, and they are a lot cheaper and may have been installed, but most of the aftermarket chrome jobs I've seen have the non-C6 crossed flags with no color.

Bob
Old 03-25-2009, 07:46 PM
grego37
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys!

Last edited by grego37; 04-21-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:47 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by nvrpc
I have had two conversations with House of Wheels this morning where I asked for a quote for four OEM rims five spoke for a 2007 ZO-6 chrome and the price was good. He claims they are OEM but says they are Speedlines and made in italy. Can anyone confirm these are OEM and not knockoff, replicas or reproductions. I want the same quality rim that came with the car whether it be cast or forged. Please advise and if someone had the PN for the front and rear please send that too. Thanks
Speedline is indeed the OEM supplier of wheels for the C6 Z06 (except for the first year of production, when Amcast was the supplier). The wheels will have GM, inside of a recess, cast within one of the spokes. I believe that it will also have a part number, but the part number may be of the raw wheel itself (not sure, I'd have to look at my reference info).

If you have a C6 Z06, '07 or later, you can take off one of your rims and look at the backside and see what I'm referencing.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:01 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

If you're referencing the original "split spoke" wheels, the front wheels should have a chart number of 9594354 cast into the backside of a spoke, the rears would have 9594356. The part numbers for the chrome wheels would be 9597715 (front) and 9597716 (rear), although they shouldn't appear on the wheels.

The "chart number" references the raw wheel, then it gets assigned a different part number depending whether it's painted silver, comp grey, polished, or chromed.

BTW, if you buy from "House of Wheels", the wheels won't come in GM boxes. I suspect that he buys in large quantities, and then he individually boxes and ships. I just bought a set of comp grey spiders, and couldn't be happier.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Speedline Wheels .... Factory Chrome?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Speedline Wheels .... Factory Chrome?