Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] APSIS Splash Guard Install - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:53 PM
tazmoto1526
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the paint chipping down from the front tires.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM
2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tazmoto1526
Keep the paint chipping down from the front tires.
isnt that what clear paint protecting film is for?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
isnt that what clear paint protecting film is for?
Clear film is good for the front, but I wouldn't cover my whole side with it. These flaps are designed to defelect rocks and water away from the body. They look stock.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:14 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Originally Posted by apsisusa
If you try it again and still can't get it right, then let us know and we will replace for you from our next shipment. But to me, the parts should be the same since it came out from the same mold. No reason it will differ so much from one pc to the other.
Thank you. I'll try this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:26 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

After working with my driver side flap, I have much better results. Have posted a detailed explaination on another APSIS flap install thread.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
J-Rod
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
Clear film is good for the front, but I wouldn't cover my whole side with it. These flaps are designed to defelect rocks and water away from the body. They look stock.
To each his own I guess. I wouldn't personally put something that looks like a 1979 TransAm mudflap on a Z06. Like 2muchricemakesmesick I would think 3M Clear Bra would prevent the nicks and scratches you are referring to. But, I will say I've seen flares like this before for C4 and C5 vettes, and I guess in some circles there is a market for them. I just personally would never install a set of them. But, thats just me...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Rod
To each his own I guess. I wouldn't personally put something that looks like a 1979 TransAm mudflap on a Z06. Like 2muchricemakesmesick I would think 3M Clear Bra would prevent the nicks and scratches you are referring to. But, I will say I've seen flares like this before for C4 and C5 vettes, and I guess in some circles there is a market for them. I just personally would never install a set of them. But, thats just me...
...then what are you going to do about the same style flap that already came on the back fenders from the factory?

I wish that the 3M film was a viable option, but it just looks like crap in that area, especially on a dark car. Every little rock nick is clearly visible in the plastic.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Ames
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Rod
At the last show I looked for this on every Z06. The ones without the splash guard looked like they had been sandblasted. The ones with 3M film looked even worse. It just doesn't work on that rear duct area.

Plus the Z06 already has them in the back... so who cares.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:50 PM
0Jon @ Speed Inc
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine from the last batch too. I just took off my wheels, cleaned, waxed, and changed pads to the centric semi-metallic's. I put the splash guards on without any problems. It was a little tricky tho, I had to hold it i little less than "flush". If I held it "flush" there would be a gap. If I lowered them just a tad and held it by the pre-drilled hole then they fit without any gaps.

I am happy with the product. They were a little pricey and I think for the money it should have been made a little nicer. I would have wished that they were molded using the same color plastic of the rear guards instead of trying to match them with paint.

It's the best option right now to prevent the rock chips. That was important to me.
The following users liked this post:
SpeedRacerMach (04-21-2019)

Quick Reply: [Z06] APSIS Splash Guard Install - Pictures