Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Groaning Noise When Coming To Stop

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Default Groaning Noise When Coming To Stop

I'm hearing a low groaning sound that lasts about 1 second whenever I come to a stop. No driving issues. It doesn't seem like the brakes and the clutch is IN when I hear it. What are the posibilities ???

DH
Old 04-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Default Break Squeal

I was hearing some break squeal recently. Then I put new front pads on and bedded them and I still heard squeal. I bedded again today and after cool down I STILL have it.

Could it be one of those caliper/pad springs ??

I use stock pads and rotors and remove caliper pins to replace pads, don't remove the caliper.

And its not the wear indicator thingy on the pads

And the brakes work great ........

DH
Old 07-07-2009, 09:40 AM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you ever noticed it when pushing the clutch in from first gear coming to a stop? Or perhaps even when letting the clutch out after a 1-2 or 2-3 shift?

If so I have this same problem and we could definitely both use some help on this. I'm about to try Ranger's method of fluid change in my clutch too.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 PM
JFCalvano
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not dragg'n any Smart Cars or small animals or anything under there are ya?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DrivnXcitment
Have you ever noticed it when pushing the clutch in from first gear coming to a stop? Or perhaps even when letting the clutch out after a 1-2 or 2-3 shift?

If so I have this same problem and we could definitely both use some help on this. I'm about to try Ranger's method of fluid change in my clutch too.
I don't think its the clutch. And I do Rangers flushes all the time.

I change wheels and brake pads alot. Sometimes I don't hear the sound. So I think its just pads/rotors.

I stoped worrying about it.

DH
Old 04-19-2018, 09:26 PM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default Same issue

i have the same issue 1 out of 5 times I take the car out. I've heard the noise when coming to a very slow stop and when accelerating very slowly. Today I only heard it when accelerating slowly from a stop. When it happens, it happens each time I give it very little gas for rpm to change right when the car starts moving. Did any of the previous posters find the cause? I drive the car all winter and only recently noticed this issue

Note: I realize that this is a super old post, my car is a c7z. I had a similar issue on a bmw m4, it turned out to be rocks stuck between brake shield and rotor

Last edited by shiv.nandak; 04-19-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Groaning Noise When Coming To Stop

Quick Reply: [Z06] Groaning Noise When Coming To Stop