Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Victory Red, Black Spyders and RPI ZR1 splitters

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

[quote=FNBADAZ06;1570511935]
Originally Posted by VRedZ06

What's up ErnieO ?

I saw the setup on a couple gallery cars without the butterflied camber suspension as they were not lowered; they were riding on stock height suspensions like me. I've talked to several wheel vendors who have built some wheels for other vette owners, so it doesn't look like I'm breaking new ground on this setup, but you never know. This will be my show setup...the black spyder setup is for my track duties
Show set up no issues at all!!! Just don't track a set up that's this close to the edge. I have heard all of the 13 inch wheels coming out even from Forgeline who is a very respectable manufacturer, I run Forgelines 12.5 rears, and they fit GREAT. But I am running 345's so I knew that this was a prefect size for the 12.5 width. Now I also know they have a 13 inch wheel too, but I don't know if they will run a 375 on it. They have a 6 mm inside trim at the mounting area. You will have to ask if they would recommend a 375. As far as show set ups you are OK just be very carefull getting to and from the show since any major bump will tear the inner liner and the fender lip. I know it will look crazy hot, I know you have already considered the limitations if you are talking about this as a show set up. Go for it then, and enjoy the look. Make sure you keep safe on the road.
I have a Pantera and am running 375 on her but I have allot of room to fit them on the Pantera. I can do show and track on the Pantera.

ErnieO
Old 06-20-2009, 05:17 AM
METERSF
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's tight... Luv that color combo
Old 06-20-2009, 08:54 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 444 Posts

[QUOTE=VRedZ06;1570512345]
Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06

Show set up no issues at all!!! Just don't track a set up that's this close to the edge. I have heard all of the 13 inch wheels coming out even from Forgeline who is a very respectable manufacturer, I run Forgelines 12.5 rears, and they fit GREAT. But I am running 345's so I knew that this was a prefect size for the 12.5 width. Now I also know they have a 13 inch wheel too, but I don't know if they will run a 375 on it. They have a 6 mm inside trim at the mounting area. You will have to ask if they would recommend a 375. As far as show set ups you are OK just be very carefull getting to and from the show since any major bump will tear the inner liner and the fender lip. I know it will look crazy hot, I know you have already considered the limitations if you are talking about this as a show set up. Go for it then, and enjoy the look. Make sure you keep safe on the road.
I have a Pantera and am running 375 on her but I have allot of room to fit them on the Pantera. I can do show and track on the Pantera.

ErnieO
Yeah, I talked to Forgeline, but they don't make a 21 " wheel as of yet because of lack of interest (only Pirelli makes this 375 at the moment in a 21).
Old 06-20-2009, 08:57 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by METERSF
That's tight... Luv that color combo
What's up MeterSF ?
Thanks for the comments ...can you show me more pic's of your ride ?
Yours looks lowered in your avatar pic
Old 06-20-2009, 01:25 PM
METERSF
Instructor

What's up MeterSF ?
Thanks for the comments ...can you show me more pic's of your ride ?
Yours looks lowered in your avatar pic
Eyy thx bro. Yup I did slamm it on the stock lowering bolts w/ no bushings on the bolt. Yeah sure I'll send u sum pics lemme fig out my password n I'll pm m u. Did u lower ur car any? Our cars almost look alike.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:43 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Nah, I'm at stock ride heigth...don't like the idea of dragging my splitter on my driveway everyday I might try a little drop on the stock bolts but don't think it would be worth the effort. I'm going to wait until my 20/21 wheel package goes on the car.

peace.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:40 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Recieving a lot of questions regarding ground clearance with this ZR1 splitter (mine's from RDIDesigns ).
My car is currently at stock ride heigth and probably will remain there given the fairly steep driveway I have at my house. The original Z06 splitter actually rides about 1/4 on an inch LOWER than this new splitter, but I still must pull out of the driveway at a 45 degree angle.

I'll post better ground level pictures of the car when I get a chance...this is all I have at the moment

THe side skirts painted in the bodycolor of the car really does give the illusion of it being lowered...it truly has not been lowered at all .

I'll get better pictures to show the ground clearance later today to satisfy members request
Old 06-23-2009, 05:34 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Here you go !!!

Kind of hard to compare, but my co-workers stock LMB Z06 is in the foreground...

Old 06-24-2009, 03:23 AM
METERSF
Instructor

That's gonna look bad a$$ with them 20/21 rims. Send me a pic bro
Old 06-24-2009, 08:19 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by METERSF
That's gonna look bad a$$ with them 20/21 rims. Send me a pic bro
Will do
Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Nate@CorvetteGarage
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
St. Jude Contributor '04

Thanks for the wheel order Vic and we appreciate the referrals!

Your car looks great by the way!

Nate
Email: sales@corvettegarage.com

---------------------------------------------------
Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Nate@CorvetteGarage
Thanks for the wheel order Vic and we appreciate the referrals!

Your car looks great by the way!

Nate
No worries...Thanks for the great deal
Old 07-02-2009, 12:02 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I will paypal you five bucks to crank the bolts all the way down and do a photoshoot with it dropped.

Feel free the wind them back out and put it back to stock afterwards.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
I will paypal you five bucks to crank the bolts all the way down and do a photoshoot with it dropped.

Feel free the wind them back out and put it back to stock afterwards.
I'd never make it up or out of my driveway without tearing everything off Is there a DIY thread or document that shows how to perform this task ? Never done it to a vette before.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
BLACK BEAST Z06
Instructor

Nice combo enjoy it
Any engine mods so far ?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:42 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Just a Killer Bee/Bee Hive combo at the moment. At the moment, I have concentrated on the "user interface" side of things....MGW shifter, D Sport leather wrapped wheel, leather console lid and cf stereo bezel, blue tooth connectivity, iPhone 3GS integration, etc. I'm really struggling with the urge to mod versus the drive line warranty issue. I recently paid to extend the factory warranty, and quite frankly, I am fighting that inner demon to mod the crap out of it. Don't know how long I'll be able to hold out, especially after all the AZ Z owners get together on July 11th and show me how week and feable my stocker is :o

I'm in the denial stage at the moment
Old 07-02-2009, 03:48 PM
5decades
Racer

Wow, I love those wheels and what you've done. Great looking, and clean! I too live in NC Phoenix, near 7th st and Thunderbird....
time for a run up the mountain soon....

Get notified of new replies

To Victory Red, Black Spyders and RPI ZR1 splitters

Old 07-02-2009, 04:05 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 5decades
Wow, I love those wheels and what you've done. Great looking, and clean! I too live in NC Phoenix, near 7th st and Thunderbird....
time for a run up the mountain soon....
Thanks for the props brotha Hell yea...we've got to get some brotha's and run the back way into Prescott. The Mt. lemmon run in Tucson we are trying to mobilize everyone for is quite the drive as well. Try to make the meet and greet on July 11...looks like we are going to get quite the turnout
Old 07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Just a Killer Bee/Bee Hive combo at the moment. At the moment, I have concentrated on the "user interface" side of things....MGW shifter, D Sport leather wrapped wheel, leather console lid and cf stereo bezel, blue tooth connectivity, iPhone 3GS integration, etc. I'm really struggling with the urge to mod versus the drive line warranty issue. I recently paid to extend the factory warranty, and quite frankly, I am fighting that inner demon to mod the crap out of it. Don't know how long I'll be able to hold out, especially after all the AZ Z owners get together on July 11th and show me how week and feable my stocker is :o

I'm in the denial stage at the moment
Don't worry there's a difference in skill verses want to be's. If you can drive, you have the upper hand. I have seen guys with engine mod's get into more trouble and destroy their cars. If you can drive , drive their butt's into trouble, you should know exactly how to do that.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:33 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread just made me spend another two grand. Thanks.

I ordered a set of the black Spyders last night thanks to this thread putting it over the edge. Likely going with the new NT05's for tire selection. Ah, my poor, poor checking account...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Victory Red, Black Spyders and RPI ZR1 splitters