Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Long Distance Drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Weasel
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

I don't use my 09 Z06 for every little errand. It's covered in the garage, and so the car looks and seems new to me at every use. Smells new too, since when I get out of the car--EVERYTHING ELSE GET'S OUT OF THE CAR TOO, so there's nothing left behind in the Vette to change that new-car smell.

The point here is that it is very exciting to drive a long distance, re-new the vette/owner relationship, re-learn the Vette's XM stations, report to folks at the destination with the Vette's On Star phone, remember how hot it is at the console, talk about the Z06 to citizens and their kiddies at obscure fuel stops who otherwise will NEVER SEE ONE THEIR WHOLE LIVES. (See them in the rearview watching the Vette get underway again).

We go on trips as a service to our Corvettes and our fellow mankind. It has nothing to do with us. And we wave, because our Corvette's cannot.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:08 PM
utownal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Weasel
I don't use my 09 Z06 for every little errand. It's covered in the garage, and so the car looks and seems new to me at every use. Smells new too, since when I get out of the car--EVERYTHING ELSE GET'S OUT OF THE CAR TOO, so there's nothing left behind in the Vette to change that new-car smell.

The point here is that it is very exciting to drive a long distance, re-new the vette/owner relationship, re-learn the Vette's XM stations, report to folks at the destination with the Vette's On Star phone, remember how hot it is at the console, talk about the Z06 to citizens and their kiddies at obscure fuel stops who otherwise will NEVER SEE ONE THEIR WHOLE LIVES. (See them in the rearview watching the Vette get underway again).

We go on trips as a service to our Corvettes and our fellow mankind. It has nothing to do with us. And we wave, because our Corvette's cannot.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM
BernieR
Racer

Default are you serious/

Weasel,

get a grip, my man.....some of us actually drive our Z's. My '08 AO Z has 52Kmi so far...I protected front end and mirrors with speed lingerie when the car had 8 mi and I keep my plastic Chevy reasonably clean. However, its a car (!), and is good transportation...comfort wise and mpg wise...plus great cornering (with NT-5's) and power (480 rwhp), when ya want it. But definitely not a holy grail thingee.Regards, Weasel, ole boy,

Bernie

Last edited by BernieR; 07-05-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Larry T
Racer

...well the beast has been pampered too long...getting it ready for a cross country trip in July/August. Won't worry about chips, it is a thing to drive and enjoy. The only prep item for the trip is having a new insulated tunnel plate installed this morning as my leg gets fried on some runs.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Long Distance Drive