Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Any here fearful of leaving your Z in a public parking lot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 PM
L82PC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andreas g.
there not my babies. Car are replacable , babies aren't. Case in point, my 08 Z06 caught fire and was a total. Insurance cut me a check and I went out and got a new 09Z06. That's why we have insurance boys. Moral, Don't be a slave to your car, enjoy it.
I'd have no problem with a total loss...It's the POS vandals that key nice cars out of envy. They put you in a position of dealing with your insurance company and then the body shop that has to match the paint yada yada yada.

It's easier the just replace the whole thing in a total loss situation...
Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

A lot of you guys are just sad. And spare me the "I worked 40 years and it's my pride and joy..." as an excuse.

I worked (most of) 40 years too, and it's my pride and joy. It's also just a car, and insured. It's also my daily driver, so yes, I park it in parking lots all the time. I live in a poor part of town, at that. To me, the best part of a Z06 is that it's the world's only supercar (aside from a ZR1) that you CAN treat like a normal car, park in parking lots, etc.

So while you're all driving your beaters and dreaming of your collector's item snug at home in the garage, I'm driving my car, everywhere. I virtually always have the coolest car any place I go. I get to make little kids eyes get big all the time. People get a thrill when they see me go by. I say that not to brag, or as opinion, but because I've been told that more than once, that someone got a charge out of seeing the car. It's not why I bought the car, but it is a nice thing.

If it gets keyed I'll get it painted. If it gets hit I'll get it fixed. If it gets totalled I'll get another one (if I can afford it - this economy SUCKS). If I have to drive somewhere, I'll drive it. And consider myself one of the luckiest people alive the whole time.

If I was afraid to drive it, or park it, it wouldn't be worth owning, imo.

Last edited by Gannet; 11-15-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Any here fearful of leaving your Z in a public parking lot?