Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Encountered a Z06-eating Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 AM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Once Again
It would be hilarious if the GS owner was lurking,..just sort of watching this thread,..kind of laughing about all the comments on here. Ha.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Let me understand this, a modded car can be made to be faster than a factory car?

I understand this "FIAT" is pretty fast too - does this count in the same category of "my modded car is faster than your stock car"

Tom
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by fastbluels6
too be honest i like all model corvettes but i cant say i like the GS its actually the only one i dont like and it is a sweet looking car "of course cause it looks like my Z" but its a slap in the face to Z owners we buy a Z to be alittle more elite and its known that we are cause the Z dosent look like a C6 but now u can own a Z but its just not with a hand built LS7 its like a cop out u want the big boy car but u dont want to be fast or have no choice but to drive stick. now u can have a Z targa or vert and look like us Z guys but u dont have the power so now u just spend the extra money on a Z to go faster. "F" that GM wasent thinking and if ur a Z guy goin to a GS cause u want to ride a auto with the top down then u didnt belong in a Z in the first place.
Did you have a 10 year old type that for you?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Default B.s.

All this talk of a TVS LS3 "eating a Z06" is b.s. Here's the only one on the LS3 F.I. list. Best run on excellent DA was an 11.3 at 124 mph. See posting #4222.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...lenge-212.html

My bone stock Z06 trapped 123 mph in +2400 ft of DA on my 2nd pass at the track.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool
I agree the title is stupid. I dont understand the hate between vette guys with different models thats all.
Its all about bragging and $$$.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happy trails to the guy dumping money in his GS to compete with the cars bigger brothers.

At the end of the day the Z06 is the recognized one who's been putting the hurt on every other car for years and years. I can appreciate the wrench time and perhaps some of the technical feats pulled off by modding, but if people can't understand it's WORTHLESS to compare stock vs. modded then let them enjoy their fake ZR1 and Z06s. I'm the one laughing at the end of the day.

Personally if i was a GS owner i would NEVER put that damn clear hood on the car. Call me a hater, call me a snob, call me what you will, but I look at a car for what it's designed to do, now what people can turn it into. GM raided the Z06 parts bin slapped them on their cheaper model because they knew there was a market for it. If they are making a buck off it, good for them. Only at the expense of the image and force behind the Z06 name and look.

We all get a kick from the kids that put the GT-R badges on their imports, or the fact they buy an economy car and rice it up in their mind to be this elite street racer thing. If the first thing that comes out of this blown GS owners mouth is "yeah I can beat z06's" then his opinion is automatically turned into dog crap and I would ignore him and his car. If on the other hand he would just keep it by the numbers (power/time/cost), then I would be more than happy to talk cars with him.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:40 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 182 Posts

Are your panties in a wad ladies? Who cares what someone does to thier car. Do what you want. Don't care what anyone else thinks.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guy's, My black Z vs this GS. Both are supercharged!!!

Nice Blk GS by-tha-way!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
danbo56
Burning Brakes

Nice car But, I think i will keep my Z. I don't think it would last very long on a road course with that blower
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Once Again
It would be hilarious if the GS owner was lurking,..just sort of watching this thread,..kind of laughing about all the comments on here. Ha.

Maybe he should change the title now to "Girls gone Wild"
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BADZ
Ok guy's, My black Z vs this GS. Both are supercharged!!!

Nice Blk GS by-tha-way!!!!
Ya? Well bad Z Do you have a see thru hood?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As soon as the snow melts, the bullsh*t should dissipate....

Cabin fever is a b*tch.... I think I'm going to take it out tomorrow and do some donuts in the driveway, before we get some more snow....

BTW ~ I don't care what you say, that is one nice looking Vette.... And I don't like black Vettes....
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 PM
RedC6
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I find this thread very entertaining.. imagine that, someone modifying a "lower level" car to outperform the more powerful offerings from the manufacturer. It's been done for years, Mustang Gt owners making their cars faster than the SVT Cobras, Porsche guys making their cars faster than the turbo's, etc...

To each his own. The bottom line is this... as long as YOU are happy with your car, and the performance it provides, WHO CARES what it beats. I own a Z06 and would anticipate that someone could put enough money into a VW bug to make it faster than my car... still not going to change how I feel about it.

I don't think anyone mentioned it here, but a lot of people I talk to with the GS wanted it over the Z for 2 main reasons... 1) you can get it in an automatic tranny and/or 2) available in a convertible / removable top. Perhaps that's why there are a lot of modded GS's out there.. and to me, I think it's great.

I still grin from ear to ear when I fire up my 427 powered, Aluminum framed Z and that's all that matters to me...
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Encountered a Z06-eating grand sport huh??????

Well, I encountered a $#** eating dog and a beer drinking horse.

Lets both get in touch with Ripley's Believe it of Not and see which of our encounters they are interested in.

I have a feeling though, that they, just like the people in this section of the forum, will have no interest in either.

Both oddities, the Z06 eating grand sport, and the $#** eating dog, not to mention the beer drinking horse, aren't going to be of much interest to anyone other than their respective owners who find them "special".
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
bud miller
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

eater,badass,fast, etc....i always love this stuff..and then..
who has traction on the street to 100 mph ?? guess what, my stock z with 335 nitto's does ok against quite a few blown vett buddies..and its all fun.. especially when i lift and smile , while they are still peddelin' trying to catch me........
course, now we could talk about the awesome traction of the zR1's..
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
SS MPSTR
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC6
To each his own. The bottom line is this... as long as YOU are happy with your car, and the performance it provides, WHO CARES what it beats. I own a Z06 and would anticipate that someone could put enough money into a VW bug to make it faster than my car... still not going to change how I feel about it.
Well stated.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM
fullmonty
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can't we all just get along ?

Get notified of new replies

To Encountered a Z06-eating Grand Sport

Old 03-02-2010, 12:33 PM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

Ridiculous thread
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
DJackman
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

It looks lowered too... Now slap on the 3pc 19/20' wheel combo and its perfect.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fastbluels6
too be honest i like all model corvettes but i cant say i like the GS its actually the only one i dont like and it is a sweet looking car "of course cause it looks like my Z" but its a slap in the face to Z owners we buy a Z to be alittle more elite and its known that we are cause the Z dosent look like a C6 but now u can own a Z but its just not with a hand built LS7 its like a cop out u want the big boy car but u dont want to be fast or have no choice but to drive stick. now u can have a Z targa or vert and look like us Z guys but u dont have the power so now u just spend the extra money on a Z to go faster. "F" that GM wasent thinking and if ur a Z guy goin to a GS cause u want to ride a auto with the top down then u didnt belong in a Z in the first place.
I'm sorry, but this is just a cluster f**k of words.......

Actually got a little dizzy trying to read it...

Last edited by 3LZZ06; 03-02-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Encountered a Z06-eating Grand Sport