Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Bone-Stock C6Z06 on Drag Radials—New Record: 10.74 129.50

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DJackman
Ranger, Im really amazed on how fast you can pilot your stock Z06 down the strip doing 11.10. My question is, (other than your awesome skills) is it your car, or you can duplicate these times with just any stock Z06s... ??
Nothing unusual about my Z06. The day I ran 10.74, member Steve Row ran 10.89 on his 12th pass in his C6Z (a 2009).

The Z06 is a beast that responds to good driving in any conditions. And will leverage excellent conditions. But driver techniques are important.

Ranger

Last edited by Ranger; 01-24-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Thanks for the information! It gives me a benchmark to compare to.

Can you tell us what was the time elapsed from first tire movement to WOT?

Also, were you accelerating into the clutch release, or, were you holding steady throttle and then releasing the clutch? As you noted sound doesn't always tell a true story...but HP Tuners doesn't lie.

I find those factors to be a key determinant in my 60 foot times and resultant ET's.

Thanks - your relentless commitment to driver education has fueled my passion to follow in your footsteps, and I've enjoyed the ride.
Thanks, Joe.

Once I got the car really figured out I quit logging passes with HP Tuner and GTech. That deletion was to reduce driver workload and improve focus. I still have to mind an in-car HD camcorder that records driver actions and an in-car digital audio recorder that collect sound in the front seat area, closer to the engine. So now just two discrete actions rather than the previous four to activate the collectors. And of course driving the car.

On the throttle motion, technical analysis of the in-car audio and video timing indicate I achieved WOT about 0.71 seconds after first hit of the clutch (movement of the car). That number will vary on the feedback from the clutch as it is attempting to lock-up.

Ranger
Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
Thanks, Kyle. It's a great day when every driver at a rental sets a new PR.

It was great watching you do 25+ passes in pursuit of perfection in your ZR1. Glad we captured your PR pass and got the video posted before I departed. That video has done a lot to spread the word the ZR1 is the super-car king on the drag strip. Congrats to you once again.

Ranger
Welcome home John!

Thanks for all that you do to help us all at the track.....It sure does make the rentals fun and enjoyable for all. I really hope you think there is a 10.70 in your car! (In other words I hope you continue the track rentals we all enjoy them!) Thanks again for posting the video too!

Last edited by Kyle Lemish; 01-24-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Bone-Stock C6Z06 on Drag Radials—New Record: 10.74 129.50