Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] carbon fiber roof HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:38 AM
10zr1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbon fiber roof HELP

I just got my brand new zr1 off the truck from an out of state dealer and i had noticed that the roof had harline scratches in the carbon fiber roof panel..You cant feel them with your nail so they are not throught the clear any ideas how to buff and clean the carbon fiber roof im sure the selling dealer isnt going to help

thanks

Lance
Old 02-25-2010, 01:10 AM
DaytonaFIC6
Racer

could file claim with the trucking company. as far as fixing I have no idea. i used to work for UPS and most trucking companies try to get out of paying for whatever they can. get into contact with the dealer and see if they have pictures of the car before they shipped it. also, i would hope they bought some sort of insurance on the frieght due to the value of your car.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,122 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by 10zr1
I just got my brand new zr1 off the truck from an out of state dealer and i had noticed that the roof had harline scratches in the carbon fiber roof panel..You cant feel them with your nail so they are not throught the clear any ideas how to buff and clean the carbon fiber roof im sure the selling dealer isnt going to help

thanks

Lance
The good news is that you can't feel the scratches. You should be able to polish and buff those out easily. It is always possible that your dealer scratched the roof during its first washing (i.e. dirty water and rags) and PDI. Proceed cautiously and Good Luck.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default carbon fiber roof scratches

Get use to it...very hard to take care of....I am not a person with a great amount of knowledge on these issues but I think the Carbon Fiber is a very Porous material....I had 2 ZR1's and the scratches are still there...some have gone way but others have appeared.... I am not a Clean feak but do my best to keep the car Clean......Harvey
Old 02-25-2010, 05:45 PM
10zr1
Cruising

Default roof

Hey if you could let me know what you find out the best thing to clean the roof with as well i am also going to ask my deatailer because i dont know if you can buff it the same way as the paint

thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Go buy some polishing compound and you should be able to rub them right out with a damp rag and some polishing compound. I have some black cars and it happens and when it does I do exactly what I am telling you and when I am done you can't tell there was ever a scuff.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
IndyPacer
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 10zr1
Hey if you could let me know what you find out the best thing to clean the roof with as well i am also going to ask my deatailer because i dont know if you can buff it the same way as the paint

thanks
The carbon Fiber is painted with clear same as the rest of the car but the paint they use on the carbon has sun block in it and is real expensive. Buff it like you would any other paint. CF is damaged easily by the sun rays

Get notified of new replies

To carbon fiber roof HELP

Quick Reply: [ZR1] carbon fiber roof HELP