Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Houston "Muffler Mod"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Houston "Muffler Mod"?

Looking for a shop in Houston that does the "muffler mod". Thanks!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Call Roger Witham At Texas Quality Performance. His website is tqpe.com 281-999-8855

He is out of town until later this week. I would give him a call on Friday.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
dkal70
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly recommend Roger Witham from Texas Quality Performance Exhaust. Excellent customer service and performs outstanding work. He's completed "muffler mods" on several members vettes, and installed his custom Varaflow system on my vette.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
kwadep21
Advanced

Originally Posted by Omega Man
Call Roger Witham At Texas Quality Performance. His website is tqpe.com 281-999-8855

He is out of town until later this week. I would give him a call on Friday.
Roger did a fantastic job on my Muffler Mod!!!! I highly suggest him as well!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
z06 frog
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Roger is the only place to go. You will be happy with his service.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
berryvette
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Does anyone know what he charges for this muffler mod and how long it takes? I will be traveling from Beaumont and wonder if i can wait on it there or is it an all day affair?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 AM
kwadep21
Advanced

Originally Posted by berryvette
Does anyone know what he charges for this muffler mod and how long it takes? I will be traveling from Beaumont and wonder if i can wait on it there or is it an all day affair?
He charged me $250 and it took about 2.5 hours. A couple of months ago he had some spare mufflers already moddified and could swap in much less time.

Give Roger a buzz!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
aggie_corvette
Racer

I also recommend Roger and TQPE. When he did mine he already had several modded mufflers ready to go and just swapped mine out. It only took as long as need to pull and replace the exhaust. Of course i paid for the mod but the install was quick.

Call him and ask his for his price, i don't want to speak for him.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Ahmer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How does this muffler mod sound on a typical LS2 c6? or is this only for Z06's?

Last edited by Ahmer; 05-15-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: edit
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 PM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kwadep21
He charged me $250 and it took about 2.5 hours. A couple of months ago he had some spare mufflers already moddified and could swap in much less time.

Give Roger a buzz!
Originally Posted by aggie_corvette
I also recommend Roger and TQPE. When he did mine he already had several modded mufflers ready to go and just swapped mine out. It only took as long as need to pull and replace the exhaust. Of course i paid for the mod but the install was quick.

Call him and ask his for his price, i don't want to speak for him.
He's swapping mine out next Saturday ($250). Who knows I might be getting one of you guys' former muffler. Can't wait to hear it.

I take it you are happy with it? I might eventually swap it for a higher flow exhaust if I ever cam, bolt-on, and tune.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:48 PM
krunk
Cruising

He did mine Friday, excellent job. I benefited from him having one around the shop he modded ahead of time, so all it took me was an hour and I was out. Definately louder, with a little extra burble. Pleased.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 PM
spoon man
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by krunk
He did mine Friday, excellent job. I benefited from him having one around the shop he modded ahead of time, so all it took me was an hour and I was out. Definately louder, with a little extra burble. Pleased.
it is sweet! it is a great mod for the money if you ask me. these cars don't gain much power from exhaust mods (relatively speaking)

So this is a great way to make your car sound nasty and put the saved money toward better mods. The muffler mod shines when you get on the throttle. At idle it is only slightly louder. I would recommend this to anyone. I wish I did it the day I got the car. It just makes the can more fun to drive....sounds great.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:52 AM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Roger did mine Saturday. Guys this is more than just a good "bang for the buck" mod. This is a great mod period. I'm kicking myself in the *** for not doing it the day I bought the car.

Anyone in Houston who doesn't already have an aftermarket exhaust needs to go see Roger. It simply does not make sense to me to not get this done!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Allzwell
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by thebrander
Roger did mine Saturday. Guys this is more than just a good "bang for the buck" mod. This is a great mod period. I'm kicking myself in the *** for not doing it the day I bought the car.

Anyone in Houston who doesn't already have an aftermarket exhaust needs to go see Roger. It simply does not make sense to me to not get this done!
Roger does a great job ... drive that for a while and then get his Varaflow package
Old 05-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Originally Posted by Allzwell
Roger does a great job ... drive that for a while and then get his Varaflow package
I completely agree. Does a very nice job with the muffler mod at a very reasonable price. He even covers it with a warranty should the need arise.

If you ever get tired of the muffler mod, take it back to Roger for his full custom exhaust system (Varaflow), then tell him to take the cats off like I did...you'll still have the versatility of quiet to loud (i.e. mild/wild) but I would venture to guess that you've never heard a "wild" quite as awesome as this!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone have any sound clips of before/after the "muffler mod?" I am flying out to pick up my Z next week, just curious what all the fuss is about.

Nevermind, just searched around a bit and found a video. Sounds good, just not a fan of sounding like a race car while performing like a street car. If you are loud, you better be fast, that's how I feel.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/c6-z...mod_699956.htm

Last edited by lane_change; 05-25-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:04 AM
BLKLS7
Advanced

Originally Posted by Captain Z
I completely agree. Does a very nice job with the muffler mod at a very reasonable price. He even covers it with a warranty should the need arise.

If you ever get tired of the muffler mod, take it back to Roger for his full custom exhaust system (Varaflow), then tell him to take the cats off like I did...you'll still have the versatility of quiet to loud (i.e. mild/wild) but I would venture to guess that you've never heard a "wild" quite as awesome as this!!!
can you discribe the design of the varaflow exhaust, or what exactly is done? Ive also been wanting to remove my cats for a little more sound, but im not sure what the best way would be to go about doing that without buying a set of long tubes.

Originally Posted by lane_change
Does anyone have any sound clips of before/after the "muffler mod?" I am flying out to pick up my Z next week, just curious what all the fuss is about.

Nevermind, just searched around a bit and found a video. Sounds good, just not a fan of sounding like a race car while performing like a street car. If you are loud, you better be fast, that's how I feel.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/c6-z...mod_699956.htm
the z06 is fast bone stock, it wont be easy to find a car on your way to work and back that will be able to beat it...at the track that is

Get notified of new replies

To Houston "Muffler Mod"?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:21 AM
BLKLS7
Advanced

found the varaflow... http://www.tqpe.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=106
still have the question about the cat removal though
Old 05-25-2010, 02:23 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKLS7
the z06 is fast bone stock, it wont be easy to find a car on your way to work and back that will be able to beat it...at the track that is
This is Houston we are talking about now....home of many "fast" cars. I came down to Houston with a back halved single turbo 2JZ RX-7 and found out that people like to run from a roll down here, they even do track events in the 60-130. The only popular form of racing where you run from a dig is the Texas Mile for all those 200+mph guys. So my dig only setup was as good as worthless.

The Z06 is a fast car when compared to most cars, but if a quiet Z06 ran the same as a loud Z06, I would rather be quiet and fast instead of loud and fast with a "look at me" mod. Just difference of opinions, and who knows...maybe if I heard one in person, I may change my mind, but why not just buy a full exhaust? Then you get the sound and the power that comes with it.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Evo_Joe
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The website for TQPE is down. Did Roger relocate, or is there another shop anyone can recommend for the z06 muffler mod?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Houston "Muffler Mod"?