Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone know where I can get step-by-step instructions to change my brake pads??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 AM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Great write up. But for a follow up question, do you guys recommend the single pad set or the multiple puck pad set for normal day to day/agressive and spirited driving? I've been looking into the Hawk pad kit:
Front Part #: HB531F.570
Rear Part #: HB532F.570
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,570 Likes on 2,635 Posts

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
Great write up. But for a follow up question, do you guys recommend the single pad set or the multiple puck pad set for normal day to day/agressive and spirited driving? I've been looking into the Hawk pad kit:
Front Part #: HB531F.570
Rear Part #: HB532F.570
If you are just doing street driving, the padlets will probably cost less and have the advantage that they can be moved from the front, which wear more, to the rear, extending overall pad life.

For cars used on the track, most use track pads for that and street pads for street driving. In that situation, the combination of convenience of the change and a small increase in pad area justifies the somewhat higher cost.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:56 PM
J.J.D.O.
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AzDave47
If you are just doing street driving, the padlets will probably cost less and have the advantage that they can be moved from the front, which wear more, to the rear, extending overall pad life.
That is great information and may force me to stay with padlets!

As of right now, I just want to get rid of excessive dusting. Changing to ceramics in the front and keeping the "old" fronts to use on the rear when the time comes would save some coin.

Could one use brand new fronts in the rear with no problem? As of now, i only have 4500 miles on my brakes. If I removed the fronts to use on the rear, would there be a problem at this point because there wasn't enough wear on the front pads?

Thanks for the suggestion

JJ
Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,570 Likes on 2,635 Posts

Originally Posted by J.J.D.O.
That is great information and may force me to stay with padlets!

As of right now, I just want to get rid of excessive dusting. Changing to ceramics in the front and keeping the "old" fronts to use on the rear when the time comes would save some coin.

Could one use brand new fronts in the rear with no problem? As of now, i only have 4500 miles on my brakes. If I removed the fronts to use on the rear, would there be a problem at this point because there wasn't enough wear on the front pads?

Thanks for the suggestion

JJ
Since you are going with a street front pad you won't really have any issue using the stock fronts on the back and the mileage on the fronts is not an issue. If it bothers you to have the wear tabs in the wrong place on the rear, they can just be filed off.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone know where I can get step-by-step instructions to change my brake pads??