Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] E85...is the REAL DEAL; come inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:37 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Default E85...is the REAL DEAL; come inside!!!

What, you're not really sure about E85?

Are you afraid, why?

Availability is not that great in your area? Well, get the CUSTOM TUNED SCT tuner kit from Vette-Air and have the ability to switch from a 91-93oct tune to a more potent E85 fuel tune in a matter of seconds.

The Custom SCT complete tune is only $519.00 and you can have up to three tunes for FREE…additional tunes are $125 per.

See below; see what E85 can do for you, among many other great attributes!!! (A)ENGINE PISTON AFTER ONE YEAR OF RACING and (B) Prototypes Corvette Z06 employing this great fuel.

(A)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUZ0FNQsjlE

(B)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpVTpd2jP4w

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 AM
BLW BY
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
What, you're not really sure about E85?

Are you afraid, why?

Availability is not that great in your area? Well, get the CUSTOM TUNED SCT tuner kit from Vette-Air and have the ability to switch from a 91-93oct tune to a more potent E85 fuel tune in a matter of seconds.

The Custom SCT complete tune is only $519.00 and you can have up to three tunes for FREE…additional tunes are $125 per.

See below; see what E85 can do for you, among many other great attributes!!! (A)ENGINE PISTON AFTER ONE YEAR OF RACING and (B) Prototypes Corvette Z06 employing this great fuel.

(A)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUZ0FNQsjlE

(B)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpVTpd2jP4w

Thanks,
Carlos

Afraid?
How about concerned.
I had that same conversation with Tadge Juechter, CHIEF ENGINEER OF CORVETTE, about this same thing. His response was that the fuel system wasn't compatible or up to the task. That was all I needed to know or mine would have already been converted.

His advice was to "Just Wait"

Just looking out for the Corvette Brotherhood
Old 08-12-2010, 12:48 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And he is absolutely correct, the stock system is not up the task. That's why bigger injectors are needed and it needs to be tuned. When you ask the chief corvette engineer that question, he will answer it based on the car GM puts out for sale, not on what an aftermarket tuner can do.

Jay
Old 08-12-2010, 01:05 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BLW BY
Afraid?
How about concerned.
I had that same conversation with Tadge Juechter, CHIEF ENGINEER OF CORVETTE, about this same thing. His response was that the fuel system wasn't compatible or up to the task. That was all I needed to know or mine would have already been converted.

His advice was to "Just Wait"

Just looking out for the Corvette Brotherhood

Sure

YEAH, his advise is to sell you and some others on what they want you to buy and that is: buying GM's R&D pitches so you and others pay them back for their hard work...and that's cool if that's what you want to do.

Our fueling system/components are perfectly fine for E85 as delivered from GM today. Many of use have been using it for over a year or longer with out any issues. Once you get into big power, bigger injectors are necessary, that's it. Heck, now I'm even playing with E98

If it was up to GM and the advise from their super intelligent engineers, many of us would never make the power we are making and run the times we are experiencing.

This is nothing new from GM dude...those same engineers will tell you that you only need to change your oil once a year or every 15K miles...go ahead and buy into that if you like, NOT ME

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 08-12-2010, 01:26 AM
9sec383
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carlos,
What time are you at the shop? I called a few times...guy took my number and never heard from again...also phone seems to be busy alot...business must be good amigo! Anyway Im interested in getting a few "things" done to my Z06...E85 may be one of them...PM if youd like some business...
David
Old 08-12-2010, 01:49 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 9sec383
Carlos,
What time are you at the shop? I called a few times...guy took my number and never heard from again...also phone seems to be busy alot...business must be good amigo! Anyway Im interested in getting a few "things" done to my Z06...E85 may be one of them...PM if youd like some business...
David

Hello David,

Yeah amigo, pretty busy and this crazy super heat we're experiencing lately does not help. We tried getting in early [by 5:30 am or so] and wrap up early to escape the inferno.

Please feel free to call me direct at (214) 491-8314

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 AM
JLB768
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd venture to say our powertrain warranty would be toast with this, correct?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:58 AM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

what does it take to run e85 on stock z?
Old 08-12-2010, 02:21 AM
JLB768
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree 10000% with Carlos. They have 2 8 second and a doze or so 9 second Ethanol powered EVO's running around, GTR's are jumping on the E85 bandwagon, Supras, if it's FI people are running E85.

In a NA powered car the benefits aren't nearly as good, imo. Still there and still real.........availability sucks though, so no E85-E98 for me.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 AM
beans-n-icewater
Advanced

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Sure

YEAH, his advise is to sell you and some others on what they want you to buy and that is: buying GM's R&D pitches so you and others pay them back for their hard work...

Just so I understand.... aren't you trying to do the same thing?

No interest here whatsoever, but I did find the double standard comment quite amusing
Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 AM
AMGPilot
Drifting

That sounds awesome Carlos! One of these days I want to install the street bully cam and get my Z06 tuned.

While I am at it I might as well go E-85

I believe every Kroger Grocery store around here, with a gas station, carries E-85.

I found a cool article online about a shop converting to E-85 on an LS2 Corvette: C6 Corvette E85 Conversion - Corn-vette.

They also agree with you that any Corvette built in the last 10 years or so should have no problems using E-85.

I will be in contact with you when I am ready to make the plunge
Old 08-12-2010, 09:02 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

better for the environment, yes, but worse gas mileage, and questions on how good long term it is on a high revving n/a motor and it costs more on the annual budget by 30%.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carlos,

Just how empty does the tank need to be for you to switch back to 91-93 gas with the changed tune?

Cheers, Paul.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by beans-n-icewater
Just so I understand.... aren't you trying to do the same thing?

No interest here whatsoever, but I did find the double standard comment quite amusing

True, you can say there is a level of double standard; however, you can easily go to any other vendor and ask him or her to apply the changes for ya. I am simply offering yet another performance option at a very reasonable price.

You can't go to BMW or FORD and ask them to build you a Z06/ZR1 GM, like many other manufacturers have been at this marketing game for years and that is totally cool.

No worries mate, perhaps E85 is not for everyone right now, I predict that sooner or later E85 will be the fuel of choice for many street DD vehicles. E85 is already taking over in just about every form of racing out there.

Amigo, judging by your avatar, if you have a ZR1, you do not know what you’re missing…OH MAN you don’t. Then again, to each its own; I don’t like mayonnaise or butter and folks tell me that I don’t know what I’m missing…I guess the same can be said for your E85 apprehension.

Gracias,
Carlos

Get notified of new replies

To E85...is the REAL DEAL; come inside!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

"Just wait" probably means just wait for us (GM) to introduce a flex-fuel corvette. More than likely, larger injectors will be employed.

Also, this is coming from the people that said the LS7 is tapped out from factory while some on here are getting into the 600rwhp N/A range with a stock block.

Our fuel system is more than capable to deal with E85. Just because it doesn't have a hyped-up flex-fuel emblem doesn't mean that it cannot run E85. By definition, E85 will require you to run larger injectors but don't think for a minute that if a flex-fuel corvette hits the showroom that you wont read "redesigned", "recalibrated" fueling system in the press releases. I.E. more fuel flow = larger injectors.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I must be missing something here. To my knowledge a traditional fuel system does not incorporate the proper materials to handle E85 for any given amount of time. For instance.....Chrylser spent a sizable amount of money replacing seals and hoses so they could adhere one of those lovely E85 emblems to their vehicles.

As for the environment.....don't get all cozy with the idea that you're doing the world a favor. Ethanol requires more energy to produce....as in from the field to your tank.....than gasoline does by a long stretch. So your emissions are GREATER running ethanol in a total sense then running gasoline.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vette-Pilot
That sounds awesome Carlos! One of these days I want to install the street bully cam and get my Z06 tuned.

While I am at it I might as well go E-85

I believe every Kroger Grocery store around here, with a gas station, carries E-85.

I found a cool article online about a shop converting to E-85 on an LS2 Corvette: C6 Corvette E85 Conversion - Corn-vette.

They also agree with you that any Corvette built in the last 10 years or so should have no problems using E-85.

I will be in contact with you when I am ready to make the plunge

Correct amigo,

That article spelled it all out. I think you are right, just about every Kroger's Signature store carries it.

Bully cam, tuned, E85 and bolt ons is the ticket. If nothing gained over 93oct (which I doubt), the car will be running cleaner inside, it will run cooler and you'll be helping our local farmers and the enviroment...AND it cost you much less at the pump. However, if you drive like Tony Kanan, you'll need to stop more often.

Thanks,
Carlos

Quick Reply: [Z06] E85...is the REAL DEAL; come inside!!!