Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

Check engine light on tachometer came on at around 1850 miles today on my 2010 ZR1. I read the manual and it seems to be associated with the emission control system if I understand it correctly. I plan on calling the dealer tomorrow to schedule first oil change and service. Anyone else experience this? Could this have anything to do with the "Mild to Wild" that I installed a few weeks ago? Does M2W affect warranty? Thanks in advance for any insights offered.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:35 PM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barduch
Check engine light on tachometer came on at around 1850 miles today on my 2010 ZR1. I read the manual and it seems to be associated with the emission control system if I understand it correctly. I plan on calling the dealer tomorrow to schedule first oil change and service. Anyone else experience this? Could this have anything to do with the "Mild to Wild" that I installed a few weeks ago? Does M2W affect warranty? Thanks in advance for any insights offered.
Hit your OnStar button and see whay they say the CEL is for ... then take it to your dealer. M2W should have no impact ....but to make sure, take it off before you take your car in.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,116 Likes on 724 Posts

If you are lucky, it will only be a loose gas cap. Seems to be an ongoing issue with many of the C6 gen cars including mine. About once a year I will get a CEL due to the gas cap. Takes about 12 restarts for the CEL to clear itself after you reseat the fuel tank cap.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
barduch
Drifting

Originally Posted by GOLD72
If you are lucky, it will only be a loose gas cap. Seems to be an ongoing issue with many of the C6 gen cars including mine. About once a year I will get a CEL due to the gas cap. Takes about 12 restarts for the CEL to clear itself after you reseat the fuel tank cap.
Thanks, I will give that a try.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
barduch
Drifting

Default Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by GOLD72

Gold 72,
Thank you again. That was the problem. Apparently I had neglected to tighten the cap securely at the last fill up. It took around the 12 restarts to clear the annunciator. This forum and its members are an irreplaceable resource for those of us new to the Corvette.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,116 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by barduch
Gold 72,
Thank you again. That was the problem. Apparently I had neglected to tighten the cap securely at the last fill up. It took around the 12 restarts to clear the annunciator. This forum and its members are an irreplaceable resource for those of us new to the Corvette.
You are welcome. I am so used to the CEL due to the gas cap that I just drive the car each day and it clears in a few days when I get the ~12 restarts in. Several years ago my dealer service advisor said it would take 50 restarts for the CEL to reset after clearing the problem. That seemed way too excessive. A year later the CEL came on and I took the cap off and reinstalled and counted over several days how many engine restarts it took. Twelve. The dead giveaway for me was that the CEL only came on the next morning after a fill-up. Just had to be the gas cap.

Get notified of new replies

To Check Engine Light

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Check Engine Light