Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Tried to start the Z06 after six months in storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 04:18 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin nevius

Do you guys leave the battery terminals attached to the car while in storage and on the tender - or do you attach the tender as-is.
Yes

Originally Posted by kevin nevius

Mine always dies during the long midwest winter storage (at some point) - even if I use a tender (but I have always left the terminals in place). Does it make a difference?

THanks,

kev
There's no problem leaving the terminals connected while the car is on a battery tender.

If your battery is dying with the tender you either have a bad battery or a bad tender. Keep in mind that every time your battery is discharged it gets progressively weaker. If it's been discharged several times it may be toast.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the sad thing is -- I actually have a battery tender, it's what I used at my old place (when I had a garage) to keep the Z06 braille battery topped up when I wouldn't drive it for a week. I figured (wrongly of course) that if i KNEW I was not going to need it for 6+ months why have it hooked up.

Thanks for the input guys -- always quick and good stuff here

Quick Reply: [Z06] Tried to start the Z06 after six months in storage