Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Saved by Laser Intercepter

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:02 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Default Saved by Laser Intercepter

I was driving an 08Z (it was a friend's since jammers are illegal in California) on the freeway going 75+ actually just following the flow of traffic and I heard a siren type noise in the car. Took me a second, but I realized it was the warning sound from the Laser Interceptor installed in the car. I slowed down and turned the jammer unit off. We looked for the chp but didn't see it until a little farther down the road we passed a motorcycle cop shooting his lidar gun. Talk about stealth. I've seen black or white chp cars with cops shooting lidar, but never a bike. Just this week I completed an online traffic school course for a ticket I got in January and have to be good for 18 months before I'm eligible again. This thing just paid for itself. Willie
Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 AM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett
I was driving an 08Z (it was a friend's since jammers are illegal in California) on the freeway going 75+ actually just following the flow of traffic and I heard a siren type noise in the car. Took me a second, but I realized it was the warning sound from the Laser Interceptor installed in the car. I slowed down and turned the jammer unit off. We looked for the chp but didn't see it until a little farther down the road we passed a motorcycle cop shooting his lidar gun. Talk about stealth. I've seen black or white chp cars with cops shooting lidar, but never a bike. Just this week I completed an online traffic school course for a ticket I got in January and have to be good for 18 months before I'm eligible again. This thing just paid for itself. Willie
I have had my laser detector go off on the 101 north bound in santa barbara county. It is usually a motorcycle cop off of the highway picking people off. Where did you get the laser jammer? Glad you didn't get the ticket.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Marc Lefebvre
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it saved you some cash and points on your license. I personally never had much faith in these. I always thought they gave a person a false sense of security. I'm sure they are much better now than they were back in the 80's. I always figured a cop would wait til you were close before be shot you with his radar gun, then it would be too late. I remember back in the day every building alarm would set these things off. Have they really got that much better. Marc L.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:48 AM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Can you share some pics of your setup?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 PM
383vett
Race Director

Originally Posted by FAsnakes
Can you share some pics of your setup?
Here's a picture of my "friend's" car. If you look carefully, you can see the 2 rectangular receivers and transmitters on each side of the grill. Normally, you can see these only if you squat down to grill level since they are mounted onto the roof of the fascia and set in next to the grill. Nothing on the inside of the car except for a switch where the cigarette lighter is on the inside.

Last edited by 383vett; 02-27-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
titleist731
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no valentine or belscort to go with the interceptor? just wondering the difference in laser range of the interceptor vs the standard RDs with laser detection
Old 02-27-2011, 01:29 PM
383vett
Race Director

Originally Posted by achilds
I have had my laser detector go off on the 101 north bound in santa barbara county. It is usually a motorcycle cop off of the highway picking people off. Where did you get the laser jammer? Glad you didn't get the ticket.
I've had my unit on for about a year. Here is one place that sells the thing. It is also available on Amazon.

http://www.radarbusters.com/laser-ja...ceptordual.cfm
Old 02-27-2011, 01:31 PM
383vett
Race Director

Originally Posted by titleist731
no valentine or belscort to go with the interceptor? just wondering the difference in laser range of the interceptor vs the standard RDs with laser detection
I've got an old Whistler remote radar detector that is good for radar, but too old for detecting lidar.

Get notified of new replies

To Saved by Laser Intercepter

Quick Reply: [Z06] Saved by Laser Intercepter