Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Video of our Custom Side exhaust on c6 z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 PM
XxWarEaglexX
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds freaking awesome!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! It's deff not for everyone. I love my rides to be LOUD!

And again a huge thanks to the cms crew for doing all this for me. It was a little bit of a challenge and I'm very picky. But they delivered big!!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
engine mods: WCCH stage 3 heads, CMS cam, 2" AR headers, custom fuel cell (had to remove the factory tanks), our custom side exit exhaust....etc etc many mods to list... lol we know its not practical but its bada$$ none the less

here is a video of the customer reving it and hitting the 2 step

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw1YCZL_k-Q

That car is baDa$$. Nicest side exhaust I have ever seen. very clean.
would be interesting to see a drive by video with the car at full tilt going by in second and third gear. more interesting to hear it in person. The car has a classic cobra thing going on.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
That car is baDa$$. Nicest side exhaust I have ever seen. very clean.
would be interesting to see a drive by video with the car at full tilt going by in second and third gear. more interesting to hear it in person. The car has a classic cobra thing going on.
Stay tuned for more videos
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Garrett SNA
Hahah F***ing Paulie. I am so jealous it is ridiculous. Once you texted me and told me there was a video online, I ran to the nearest computer like an obsessive little school girl Sounds disgusting, can't wait to hear it in person; to be honest, I am a little scared

And awesome work Ryne. Once I get the funds I know where I am dumping my cash
If you get this exhaust mod the next thing your neighbors might do is blow up your car
Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

That is just awesome. Congrats to all involved!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gannet
That is just awesome. Congrats to all involved!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
FNQWK
Burning Brakes

wow
Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by soulcoaxing
Awesome ride and bad azz cam lope. Not sure about the side exhaust - they are kuel but it leaves a visual void in the rear that should be addressed with a clever badazz design. Good job! Carry On.
Use a stock exhaust out back and electric cutouts to activate the side exhaust. Best of all worlds.

That car sounds absolutely amazing. I'm sure it's a combination of cam, headers etc. Nice work
Old 08-26-2011, 02:48 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler
Use a stock exhaust out back and electric cutouts to activate the side exhaust. Best of all worlds.

That car sounds absolutely amazing. I'm sure it's a combination of cam, headers etc. Nice work
Sure we could have done that. But I wanted to have side exhaust. First c6z streetcar with side exhaust in the world. And there is a custom diffuser where stock exhaust was so there is no eye sore.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by FamousRR
Sure we could have done that. But I wanted to have side exhaust. First c6z streetcar with side exhaust in the world. And there is a custom diffuser where stock exhaust was so there is no eye sore.
Understand, I was responding to the guy who wants something in the back. Ya'll did a fantastic job. The Viper guys should be jealous. It has a side exhaust just like their precious jewel, but doesn't sound like a UPS truck with a hole in the muffler.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler
Understand, I was responding to the guy who wants something in the back. Ya'll did a fantastic job. The Viper guys should be jealous. It has a side exhaust just like their precious jewel, but doesn't sound like a UPS truck with a hole in the muffler.
@ viper comment. And my apologies I misunderstood.

Thank you sir for the compliments
Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default So I wonder...

I FREAKN LOVE THE SOUND! Sounds nastier than mine! I'm running the B&B Fusions with the Mild 2 Wild switch.

I wonder though, I can imagine me keeping my B&B's and using that "cutout" actuator to engage the side pipes but... how would that work if I have the ZR1 side skirts? I have the skirts and I don't know how I can have both.

Is there a way I can keep my B&B's and my side skirts and have your side exhaust?

Also, are there mufflers or anything on there? Is this like running "dumps" off the headers (in terms of sound)? How do these things work?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by starchedup
I FREAKN LOVE THE SOUND! Sounds nastier than mine! I'm running the B&B Fusions with the Mild 2 Wild switch.

I wonder though, I can imagine me keeping my B&B's and using that "cutout" actuator to engage the side pipes but... how would that work if I have the ZR1 side skirts? I have the skirts and I don't know how I can have both.

Is there a way I can keep my B&B's and my side skirts and have your side exhaust?

Also, are there mufflers or anything on there? Is this like running "dumps" off the headers (in terms of sound)? How do these things work?

Thank you very much! There is little mufflers on there. There was a lot involved to do this. We had to build a custom fuel cell in trunk because where the factory tanks are. Not as simple as going to your local muffler shop and telling them to run side pipes. Not sure if it would work for your application.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:41 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you very much! There is little mufflers on there. There was a lot involved to do this. We had to build a custom fuel cell in trunk because where the factory tanks are. Not as simple as going to your local muffler shop and telling them to run side pipes. Not sure if it would work for your application.
Why the need for a custom fuel cell? Any pictures of this thing in the trunk? Will these pipes preclude my side skirts?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
FamousRR
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by starchedup
Why the need for a custom fuel cell? Any pictures of this thing in the trunk? Will these pipes preclude my side skirts?

If you look under your car you will see why the need for fuel cell. The saddle bag gas tanks are right there on either side where my side pipes now are. No way around it. Trust me. I will get a lot of pics and more videos up soon. I am gonna pick up the car today. We shot the video but the car was not 100% complete. Ryne actually tuned it yesterday and was going to finish up the tune today.

But for room and obvious heat reasons, you will need to move the stock fuel tanks. Next time your car is on a lift, peek under there and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

On the positive side, car made 615rwhp! Gained 35rwhp by switching my lg 1 3/4" headers to the 2" ar headers! Thought lg's were supposed to produce the most
Old 08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,018 Likes on 567 Posts

Nice, but i would think you would expirience tons of heat on your sills and rockers. Did you wrap the exhaust in anything? just wondering, having a Viper and knowing how much heat this throws out there. Still sounds amazing.

Get notified of new replies

To Video of our Custom Side exhaust on c6 z06

Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by XxWarEaglexX
That sounds freaking awesome!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 PM
AreOhBeeC6Z
Racer

Sounds crazy!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:17 PM
HoustonSVT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look under your car you will see why the need for fuel cell. The saddle bag gas tanks are right there on either side where my side pipes now are. No way around it. Trust me. I will get a lot of pics and more videos up soon. I am gonna pick up the car today. We shot the video but the car was not 100% complete. Ryne actually tuned it yesterday and was going to finish up the tune today.

But for room and obvious heat reasons, you will need to move the stock fuel tanks. Next time your car is on a lift, peek under there and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

On the positive side, car made 615rwhp! Gained 35rwhp by switching my lg 1 3/4" headers to the 2" ar headers! Thought lg's were supposed to produce the most

So just the exhaust change gained 35 rwhp? No cam change or anything else?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Video of our Custom Side exhaust on c6 z06