Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] You may have a "weak" maf sensor causeing hesitation or other unwanted effects

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Trapper Sean
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matam
I went to advance to get the tool to take the MAP out and check it but they said that the tool I need they don't have??? how do I go about getting it out??
Torx size 20?? cheap bit set from Lowe's. Sorry can't send pm's from my phone
Old 09-19-2011, 12:16 PM
patrickt
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by titletaker
Why would we have to pay for this part, as it should be covered under warranty, should it not?
generally not covered because if the stock airbox is in place then the issue is usually not present.
Order Your GM Parts at www.CULTRAGfactoryparts.com
patrick@cultragperformance.com
1-484-334-8833
Old 09-19-2011, 12:19 PM
patrickt

Originally Posted by ss2z06
2010 #1123 with a k17.....guess I am good
Originally Posted by fast1matt
2010 1290 #k19 I am good.
Thank's
your all good to go
Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 PM
patrickt

check yours today
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 PM
patrickt

get in on the deals!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 PM
patrickt

check yours today
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 PM
patrickt

place your order today
Old 11-05-2011, 08:07 PM
patrickt

Get in on the deals
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 PM
patrickt

the deals never end
Old 11-26-2011, 09:23 PM
patrickt

Greetings From GM Parts House,

We wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from your friends here @ GM Parts House. We are very thankful for your business and patronage. As a token of our appreciation we are offering you 10% off any orders over $100on our website, www.gmpartshouse.com, from tonight at midnight through Monday at midnight. As you’re checking out in step #2 of #4 of the checkout process, you will find a promotional code entry line. Use promotional/coupon code “blackfriday2011” to receive 10% off any orders over $100.

Here is a link to our Camaro catalog http://store.gmpartshouse.com/partlo...teid=214638&ca talogid=7587

We also ask you to visit us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/gmpartshouse, or visit us on Twitter, http://twitter.com/gmpartshouse
Old 12-17-2011, 09:31 PM
patrickt

check yours today
Old 01-03-2012, 11:43 PM
patrickt

run smooth
Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
patrickt

check yours today
Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 PM
patrickt

happy friday
Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Californiapch
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Berto
Torx size 20?? cheap bit set from Lowe's. Sorry can't send pm's from my phone

Is it a torx 20?

My ZR1 is stored in Las Vegas and I am curious to check it to see next time I go to Vegas. Any other tools I need? I want to take only what I need.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
youout
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hesitations in the 1900 rpm range

My car is a 6.0 in a 2007 automatic but everything other than short block is different. I have a Nick Williams TB, FAST 102, comp cam, vararam intake, LS3 heads etc. the transmission has been tuned by DTE and the differential is a DTE stage 2 with 3.15 gears.
Car ran great for years and still does except after I installed a Nick Williams TB and FAST 102 intake from a different speed shop I have been experiencing a slight bucking of the car as it runs through the 1,900 to 2,100 rpm range. The colder it is outside the worse the bucking. in the lower gears i do not feel it because rpm's are changing so fast and with any throttle the response is so quick it is impossible to tell if this is occurring at 1,900 rpm. Idle is fine and slight increases in throttle at idle seem fine. When I am in 5th or 6th I notice the issue because of the gearing we have in our cars ( over drive ).
I have talked with the tuner and he has suggested l need to get it back to them but with no guarantees. Other than this small issue it runs great at all different rpms and is properly tuned. I have HP tuners and wondered if I could tune this out but from reading these posts I would guess not.
I have increased the air flow by 12% ( going from a 90 mm to a 102mm TB ) it seems to fit with this issue. Several folks have suggested replacing the MAF but why if that is not the fix and the cost is no small item. I have done everything I can to eliminate any leaks but every 3,000 miles i get a the following
[ECM] P0442 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Small Leak Detected
Continuous Tests / misfire: Complete / Fuel System: Complete/ Comprehensive Component: Complete
Once Per Trip Tests / Catalyst: Complete / Heated Catalyst: / n/a / Evaporative System: Complete
Secondary Air System: n/a / A/C System Refrigerant: n/a / Oxygen Sensor: Complete
Oxygen Sensor Heater: Complete / EGR System: n/a
I still lean toward a leak and am wondering if anyone has found a common area where leaks may be happening. I have checked intake bolts on the FAST and torqued them to spec. i have removed CAI and carefully installed everything but not using any special tapes between connections. I made sure all bolts were tight on MAF etc.
I have not checked the part number that is being discussed in this thread but will tonight. i am interested to hear anyone's thoughts at this point.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM
patrickt

Originally Posted by Californiapch
Is it a torx 20?

My ZR1 is stored in Las Vegas and I am curious to check it to see next time I go to Vegas. Any other tools I need? I want to take only what I need.
From what I recall it is
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM
patrickt

Originally Posted by youout
My car is a 6.0 in a 2007 automatic but everything other than short block is different. I have a Nick Williams TB, FAST 102, comp cam, vararam intake, LS3 heads etc. the transmission has been tuned by DTE and the differential is a DTE stage 2 with 3.15 gears.
Car ran great for years and still does except after I installed a Nick Williams TB and FAST 102 intake from a different speed shop I have been experiencing a slight bucking of the car as it runs through the 1,900 to 2,100 rpm range. The colder it is outside the worse the bucking. in the lower gears i do not feel it because rpm's are changing so fast and with any throttle the response is so quick it is impossible to tell if this is occurring at 1,900 rpm. Idle is fine and slight increases in throttle at idle seem fine. When I am in 5th or 6th I notice the issue because of the gearing we have in our cars ( over drive ).
I have talked with the tuner and he has suggested l need to get it back to them but with no guarantees. Other than this small issue it runs great at all different rpms and is properly tuned. I have HP tuners and wondered if I could tune this out but from reading these posts I would guess not.
I have increased the air flow by 12% ( going from a 90 mm to a 102mm TB ) it seems to fit with this issue. Several folks have suggested replacing the MAF but why if that is not the fix and the cost is no small item. I have done everything I can to eliminate any leaks but every 3,000 miles i get a the following
Continuous Tests / misfire: Complete / Fuel System: Complete/ Comprehensive Component: Complete
Once Per Trip Tests / Catalyst: Complete / Heated Catalyst: / n/a / Evaporative System: Complete
Secondary Air System: n/a / A/C System Refrigerant: n/a / Oxygen Sensor: Complete
Oxygen Sensor Heater: Complete / EGR System: n/a
I still lean toward a leak and am wondering if anyone has found a common area where leaks may be happening. I have checked intake bolts on the FAST and torqued them to spec. i have removed CAI and carefully installed everything but not using any special tapes between connections. I made sure all bolts were tight on MAF etc.
I have not checked the part number that is being discussed in this thread but will tonight. i am interested to hear anyone's thoughts at this point.
Did you check your part number? I am curious to know what you found

Quick Reply: [ZR1] You may have a "weak" maf sensor causeing hesitation or other unwanted effects