Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Chevy Dealership in Stuart, FL Gives LS7 High Marks

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTank
I was not questioning Don vs. Don... I was just stating that you were quick to discount Dealership Don and what he said... but yet the same could be said for some forum members reporting failures who you don;t know from Adam (I know you know a few personally so thats different)

Sure the dealer could have fed him a line of crap... but so could some of the forum members reporting LS7 failures..
And I recognize that. It also goes back to what I said to you earlier about some here having a complete misconception about my position. This is what I mean when I say that some of you guys aren't listening. You just have your
rose colored glasses on and you go from there, ready to pounce on anyone who even thinks that there may be something amiss with some of these engines.

The only thing I am doing in that listing, is compiling a directory, a repository, of CLAIMED STOCK LS7 failures. You have not seen me vouch for a single one of them. You have not seen me swear to a single one of them.

My intent...now listen carefully here.. is to document the claimed stock
LS7 failures on this forum. That's it.

Read the heading on the latest list I put up and tell me what it says.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1578752651-post441.html

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 10-11-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
And I recognize that. It also goes back to what I said to you earlier about some here having a complete misconception about my position. This is what I mean when I say that some of you guys aren't listening. You just have your rose colored glasses on and you go from there, ready pounce at anyone who even thinks that there may be something amiss with some of these engines.

The only thing I am doing in that listing, is compiling a list of CLAIMED LS7 failures. You have not seen me vouch for a single one of them. You have not seen me swear to a single one if them.

And I have not stated I think you are lumping in the modded failures with stock ones...I've understood your position on that (see my last post in whatcop's thread) My beef is with other people who ARE lumping all the failures into one bucket and then making rash statements and assumptions, when there are just too many inconsistencies between stock and modded.

Maybe I have not been clear enough and in my quotes to some of your responses it appeared that way, but I was not talking about you in those cases of modded engines.

Last edited by FrankTank; 10-11-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:35 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
And I recognize that. It also goes back to what I said to you earlier about some here having a complete misconception about my position. This is what I mean when I say that some of you guys aren't listening. You just have your rose colored glasses on and you go from there, ready pounce at anyone who even thinks that there may be something amiss with some of these engines.

The only thing I am doing in that listing, is compiling a list of CLAIMED LS7 failures. You have not seen me vouch for a single one of them. You have not seen me swear to a single one if them.

I looked at your list. I think the list is very helpful. It would be more accurate if next to each car there is a note indicating if the car has ever been tracked. The fact that it blew on the street tells half the story. The car being tracked sometime during its life and then blowing on the street tells a lot more of the story.
Example "rikhek 2008 Valve, Street"
He has a stock engine, but the car has been tracked.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:26 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTank
And I have not stated I think you are lumping in the modded failures with stock ones...I've understood your position on that (see my last post in whatcop's thread) My beef is with other people who ARE lumping all the failures into one bucket and then making rash statements and assumptions, when there are just too many inconsistencies between stock and modded.

Maybe I have not been clear enough and in my quotes to some of your responses it appeared that way, but I was not talking about you in those cases of modded engines.
No, once again, I think that we are talking about two different things here.

You were taking me to task for accepting the word of strangers reporting these failures and not taking the dealership employee's word.

What I am telling you is, my sole intent, in making that list was to put all of the claimed failures in one place with hyperlinks to the post describing the failure.

In doing so, it is up to the reader of the claimants posts to decide on his own as to whether he believes the claimants stories.

I did the same when I was admin of the Z06 Fast List.

My task was to make the list with the links so that the reader can read the
details for himself. Everything is in one place so that the reader can peruse it.

I'm not vouching for any claims or passing any of these claims as fact on either list.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 10-11-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
John_P
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xcutter
I spoke with my Service Writer (Don Hamilton) at Suburban Chevrolet today. I told him about all the chatter on the forum about the LS7. I asked him how many blown or problem engines he has come across with the Z06. He has been working there way before the C6 Z06 came out. He and I are friends and he is always honest with me about any Corvette problems. He told me that there have been ZERO problems with the LS7 engine at this dealership. He then went to the parts manager and asked him. He made the same claim. He said if there were any issues, he would be the one to order the parts.
Don did mention that one car did have a valve problem. That car was either a LS2 or LS3. He couldn't be sure which one.
These guys sell and service many many Corvettes. I figured if anyone could give me a unbiased answer, it would be Don. If there was a problem, he would of advised me to trade it in and get a ZR1 or GS. Don is an honest guy and about the best Service Writer I have ever encountered. He could of easily lied to me and got me to trade my Z06 in for another Vette. I believe him 100%.
If you go to Suburban for service on your Vette, mention me to Don. He takes good care of all my Vette friends.
---------------------------------------------
xcutter:

I want to thank you for your positive post. I am a fairly new member and owner of a 2007 Z06 which I bought through the GM Certified Pre-Owned Program. My car is bone stock, I am the second owner and the previous owner was an older gentleman who took very good care of the car. We checked the GM Maintenance Records at the time of purchase along with the CARFAX and everything looked great.
The car had more miles than most Z06's when I bought it with 28,000.

Like you and many other Z06 owners here, I am concerned about the issues with the LS-7 engine and have said so here on CF. It is good to hear there ARE dealerships that have not seen issues with the engines.
Like you, my dealership, "Jeff Gordon Chevrolet" in Wilmington, N.C. has also not had any serious issues with the LS-7. I don't have the exact number of Z06's they have sold there, but since buying my car I have seen alot of Z06's in the dealership, both used and new. The dealership is majority owned by Rick Hendrick who has several Chevrolet Dealers in N.C. Right now they have two (2) 2011 Z06 Carbon Editions on the showroom floor.

I realize that just because a dealership hasn't had a Z06 with an LS-7 engine failure does not mean there hasn't been any. However, I am somewhat surprised at some of the posts here over what you posted.

Thanks.

---------
John_P

Quick Reply: [Z06] Chevy Dealership in Stuart, FL Gives LS7 High Marks