Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] H/C/I and nitrous dyno numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default H/C/I and nitrous dyno numbers!

Please keep in mind that these pulls and this tune were built around my crappy 90 octane pump gas in my area. This tune allows me to run on motor and on nitrous without switching tunes as well. I sacrificed power for convenience and for a lot of safety. I believe the highest N/A pull was 597 but these were the two cleanest runs.

Thank you to Carlos (MyHardtop) and Luke for the hard work and outstanding customer service. I never thought a car with this size cam could be so street friendly!

MODS

Halltech CF112 Intake w/beehive
NW 102 throttle body
FAST 102 intake manifold
Heads milled to give approx 11:8:1 compression
Black Widow cam by Vette-Air
LG 1 7/8 longtubes no cats
LG GT4 axleback
Simple single solenoid dry nitrous shot before the MAF (100 shot)

Last edited by EX1; 01-11-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice!!! How's traction with that? Who did the tuning?
Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jasil
Thanks. Carlos @ Vette-Air did the tuning and he is incredible to say the least. The last guy who tuned my car did a horrific job.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:54 PM
spra4u
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome numbers!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:06 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

nice! i'm getting the new heads bolted on tomorrow and will be curious to see how mine comes out with my mamba cam.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
NHRA95
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent numbers
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jasil
traction is fine with my NT05Rs
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

thanks guys
Old 01-11-2012, 09:02 PM
droptopsnake01
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the same cam.

The heads that are on your car are they the "new style" heads carlos is putting out to make more power on pump gas?

Great results
Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by droptopsnake01
I have the same cam.

The heads that are on your car are they the "new style" heads carlos is putting out to make more power on pump gas?

Great results
No these are not Carlos's "X" type heads. I have had these ones for a while now. I am thinking of having having that done however.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Cvette713
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good numbers, enjoys it Carlos and Luke have top notch customer service..
Old 01-11-2012, 11:29 PM
droptopsnake01
Racer

Just think what it would make with some NC 93 and those heads!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by EX1
Thanks. Carlos @ Vette-Air did the tuning and he is incredible to say the least. The last guy who tuned my car did a horrific job.
You are very welcome sir, thank you for allowing us to serve you.

The funny thing is, your great N/A power was attained with AFR's in the 11.9 to 12.1 range...just goes to show that tuners MUST be willing to explore rather vs. simply settle on mid to high 12's AFRs....every car is different!!!

You should have seen me, I wanted that 600 number soooo bad with that crappy 90oct you drove in with, but 592 was all she had amigo.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-12-2012, 01:01 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EX1
No these are not Carlos's "X" type heads. I have had these ones for a while now. I am thinking of having having that done however.

Yes, the new X-heads would have been sweet!

Allow me to let out a taste of things soon to come: wait until you see results from our upcoming WCCH-XR heads. Just returned from espeding a few weeks in Chicago testing. All Texas testing are complete but wanted further verification. Richard and I worked extra hard on these, final cost should land between $225 and 250 over the WCCH-X heads ($1,550). More to come; stay tuned.

The XR heads are geared towards E85 or Race gas users only. These heads are only available through ME and me only!!!.

Combined these heads [X or XR] with our recalibrated cams code named: Widow-R or Panther-R cams and watch out

These new R-cams are very aggressive and by aggressive I mean: very tight LSA's which promotes even greater low RPM punch coupled with very carefully matched duration splits for great cylinder pressures thus delivering broad TQ curves and so much more. These cams are built to order (3 to 5 business days before shipping) and can only be ordered through me.

These cams are very racy and choppy, so please take that into consideration. Price is $765 for the complete kit which includes Lunati hi-po dual springs, new retainers, new locks, new seals and keepers.

And remember, complete remote tuning is always available for only $250

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Way to go OP and Carlos, another bang up job.

That car is sick and on the N20 just out of control!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
Way to go OP and Carlos, another bang up job.

That car is sick and on the N20 just out of control!!!!!
Thanks Jimmy.

I love the dry shot option on these LS-engines...dating back to my '98 coupe from back in the day. If you know how to tune for it, it is the coolest thing and very easy to hide. As you can see, it can make insane power and without having to ride around in a NOS tune while in N/A mode.

Man, I can sure go for some Geno's pizza right about now. I just left Chicago last week and missing it already

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-14-2012, 02:42 AM
droptopsnake01
Racer

I need those heads! How will they work with the older widow cam?

Get notified of new replies

To H/C/I and nitrous dyno numbers!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by droptopsnake01
I need those heads! How will they work with the older widow cam?
Hello sir,

Which heads are you referring to, the WCCH-X or WCCH-XR?

The older widow cam will work just fine. The new Widow-R cam is mainly geared for racing and higher compression set ups running E85 or C16 racing fuel.

I will warn you and anyone else who may be thinking about the Widow-R cam, it is a cam that sports an LSA less than 110* with pretty aggressive duration degrees. In a nut shell, we took the racing attributes from our Lucifer cam, splash new levels of cam grinding technology and countless hours of testing and finally, we tamed it just a bit for the streets.

The WCCH-XR heads complements the Widow-R very well due in part to its burn ratio and cylinder pressure filling capabilities and much more.

The WCCH-X heads are capable of running on pump gas but be careful, many vendors will tell you that their heads can run on pump gas even at high CR as well by simply milling them beyond 0.30. Our heads come with many milling and porting process thus enabling us to make great power whether you choose to run (90 / 93 or E85) gas; technology is a beautiful thing.

And remember this: who has been on the forefront of testing and re-testing and offering pump gas and E85 heads and cam packages with great results? VETTE-AIR…that’s who!

Remember the QM600 cam from six years ago? It was great for many and too much for some; therefore, we developed the Menace. The menace proved to be too tame and it was followed by the Lucifer. Then came the Bully and it was great but some folks wanted more and on came the Mamba. The Mamba was super but those hardcore guys wanted a little more attitude and the Widow emerged. As with many well developed big cams, people flocked to it because of the sound and its great power potential. However, many realized that it was a bit extreme so the Panther was developed to bridging the gap between the Mamba and the Widow. During all these cam development exercises, our heads programs was kicking in full gear necessitating the revisit of some of our grinds such as the Panther and the Widow, thus the revised widow. Now moving ahead, the Widow-R, The Panther-R cams are the latest reincarnations.

These initiatives have been a very exhausting, expensive and time consuming for me but in the end, I can sit back and say that at least I never stood back and settled. I never had been afraid of trying new/different things while carrying that why not attitude. And if something does not work, I’ll try again and again.

So if you or anyone else is ready to stop with the guessing game and ready to step into the real deal, then hit me up.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-14-2012, 02:28 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You have a BEAST!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
droptopsnake01
Racer

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Hello sir,

Which heads are you referring to, the WCCH-X or WCCH-XR?
I want the X heads. Not taking the XR route as E-85 is not avalable "enough" around here for me. I like to actually drive my car and I already spent enought money on race gas with my tt cobra!

I wanna make big powa with 93 here in NC baby!

Quick Reply: [Z06] H/C/I and nitrous dyno numbers!