Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Nitto Invo VS Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 02:27 PM
dsharkman
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nitto Invo VS Michelin Pilot Super Sport

I own a 2007 Z06. I have been racing and Auto-X with Nitto Invos (275/35ZR18 on front & 325/30ZR19 on rear). The tires really talk to you on the track and run pretty smooth. I am very pleased with the Nittos.

I am on my 2nd set (1st set on lasted 2500 miles). It is almost time to replace these again, and I was told to look @ the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Both tires have similar tread patterns, but the Nittos are significantly cheaper ($1184 vs $1582 for the Super Sports). The Michelins do have a 30k mile warranty and the tires will be prorated when they get turned in, but because I am racing on them, Michelin may not honor the warranty. So, for arguements' sake, take that out of the equation.

Has anybody run with both sets of tires? What is your opinion on which set to purchase for my next tires?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
KillrZ
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't had the Nittos Dshark, but just a day with the Michelin PSS's and experience with Everything but the Nittos - the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are freakin awesome. The 30k warranty is only for like sizes front and back as opposed to our staggered sizes which reduce the warranty to 15k. Significant regardless.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Daytona-flyer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know these are not the tires you mentioned but.....

My last set were Nitto Invos and I was very happy with them. I upgraded (?) to Michelin Pilot Sport ZPs. I drove the Rolex course on a track weekend and a few auto crosses with them.

The Pilot Sport tires were to be an improvement but are just too loud for the street. How come I didn't read that here first?

Get notified of new replies

To Nitto Invo VS Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Quick Reply: [Z06] Nitto Invo VS Michelin Pilot Super Sport