Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Michelin Pilot Sport Cups and PSS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Vette1
If the rears are smaller in diameter than stock and the TC assumes wheel spin, will running in Comp mode prevent the issue?
In theory that would make sense, but I can't confirm or deny.

Originally Posted by dbs1vette
In the event my vette sale does not GP through. What is a good street tire that raises the front slightly and lowers the rear a tad? Or at least the size.

Dang steep driveway anyway!
You can do that for free with your leafspring bolts, but I wouldn't recommend changing the stance to be front high from an aerodynamic standpoint. Going with the Super Sports in a 285 fr/345 rr will increase ground clearance slightly due to the tires being larger than stock diameter.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,532 Likes on 2,610 Posts

I notice the ride height difference between my new 275/35-18 PSS and my 295/35-18 NT-05's (1/4", no driveway rub). but I also got rubbing in the front from the NT-05's. 285 should be fine. I guess 295/35-18's can have the rub eliminated if you play around with the suspension alignment, but I didn't do that.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
As I mentioned I have been running 285 and 345 with no codes at all, I didnt even know that I could run 295's, that might be worth a look for a bit more steering grip on the front end.

Hey Guys,
Just a quick update. I finally went w the PSC's in the same sizes Morris mentioned above. Got them installed and of course on the way back home it started raining. Medium rainfall, 45-60 mph, tires felt good and no drama.

Today was about 53 degrees and i decided to see how traction would be after a 10+ mile trip. Anything but feathering of the gas sent the wheels spinning in 1st and second (600 whp). Actually first was pretty useless. I will keep trying as the temps climb into the 60's and so on. I have the feeling that temps in the 70's will be where these tires will shine.

As aside note, coming off the highway, still learning the capabilities of the tires and respecting the cool temperatures i just stayed steady on the gas around a 180 degree pretty tight turn and pulled a .84 g as if the car was glued to the road. So w the right temp these tires will be pretty amazing.

Morris, what height are you running the car at? The front definitely needs to come down a bit to reduced the fender tire gap. The rear looks ok but could come down just a bit.

Thanks and

Will keep you informed as the weather gets warmer.

PS: no AH codes or issues whatsoever

Last edited by ferravette; 03-26-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06SV
Hey Guys,
Just a quick update. I finally went w the PSC's in the same sizes Morris mentioned above. Got them installed and of course on the way back home it started raining. Medium rainfall, 45-60 mph, tires felt good and no drama.

Today was about 53 degrees and i decided to see how traction would be after a 10+ mile trip. Anything but feathering of the gas sent the wheels spinning in 1st and second (600 whp). Actually first was pretty useless. I will keep trying as the temps climb into the 60's and so on. I have the feeling that temps in the 70's will be where these tires will shine.

As aside note, coming off the highway, still learning the capabilities of the tires and respecting the cool temperatures i just stayed steady on the gas around a 180 degree pretty tight turn and pulled a .84 g as if the car was glued to the road. So w the right temp these tires will be pretty amazing.

Morris, what height are you running the car at? The front definitely needs to come down a bit to reduced the fender tire gap. The rear looks ok but could come down just a bit.

Thanks and

Will keep you informed as the weather gets warmer.

PS: no AH codes or issues whatsoever
Pretty much no gap at all, they arent quite tucked but you cannot get a finger in there. I am running LG coilovers and Sways and boy do they transform the car. Once those tires see over 65 it will be a night and day difference and 75 degrees it feels like racing slicks. I pulled 1.1 G's at this track and it might have been higher but that was what I happened to see when I looked in the HUD. Here is a photo of the gap.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,532 Likes on 2,610 Posts

60* with 15 miles on my stock sized PSS and I pulled 1.07G and 1.08G on two nearby roundabouts, one with a little rise in it. Heat up those PSC's and you should be 1.25G!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:18 AM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Morris,
thank you for the pics. Looks really good. I might have to go just a bit higher since the car does see the NYC area from time to time.

Originally Posted by morris
Pretty much no gap at all, they arent quite tucked but you cannot get a finger in there. I am running LG coilovers and Sways and boy do they transform the car. Once those tires see over 65 it will be a night and day difference and 75 degrees it feels like racing slicks. I pulled 1.1 G's at this track and it might have been higher but that was what I happened to see when I looked in the HUD. Here is a photo of the gap.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:30 AM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AzDave47
60* with 15 miles on my stock sized PSS and I pulled 1.07G and 1.08G on two nearby roundabouts, one with a little rise in it. Heat up those PSC's and you should be 1.25G!
Tuesday it was again low 50's and i took the same turn more aggresively and when i glanced really quick i thought i saw .98 g's, not exactly sure, but when i gave another look i saw .92. As i was coming out of the turn i intentionally gave it just a liiiittle extra gas to see how the tires would behave and they started breaking in a very controllable manner. Reduced the power and car just hooked back up.

Looking for those higher temps.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Michelin Pilot Sport Cups and PSS