Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] First post, my black Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Larry Gonzalez
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's a beauty, congratulations and enjoy.....
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
KLRBEE2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! How do you make it hook with all the sandy debree on the roads?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,706 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06ofArabia
So do you recommend an aftermarket rear diff? you ever got problems with your stock one?
Not necessarily. I am running well over stock torque to the wheels. I did a burnout on dry pavement (dumped the clutch) when the roads were hot and sticky. Not a smart thing to do. I underestimated the amount of power it could put down. Car still drives forward, but clunks in turns, so the consensus is that I broke the spider gears.

As long as you aren't running in excess of 500rwtq and dumping the clutch from a dead stop without a water box at a drag strip, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I certainly wouldn't worry if I had the factory powertrain warranty (which I don't).
Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Z06ofArabia
Cruising

Originally Posted by KLRBEE2
Congrats! How do you make it hook with all the sandy debree on the roads?
Well I live in Jordan, no sand around here...

Originally Posted by EViL427
Not necessarily. I am running well over stock torque to the wheels. I did a burnout on dry pavement (dumped the clutch) when the roads were hot and sticky. Not a smart thing to do. I underestimated the amount of power it could put down. Car still drives forward, but clunks in turns, so the consensus is that I broke the spider gears.

As long as you aren't running in excess of 500rwtq and dumping the clutch from a dead stop without a water box at a drag strip, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I certainly wouldn't worry if I had the factory powertrain warranty (which I don't).
Ahhh alright that's how yo damaged it, Well I did a burnout once since I got it but I didn't brake for long ..it was really quick and didn't dump the clutch and really high RPM.

+Still on my warranty! But the dealership here are a pain in the *** at most times which makes me hate having a warranty
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Congrats on your new to you Z. Your ride looks sweet. Premium here in FL is around $4.15. The only thing that would look horrible in your Z would be some chick in a burqa. I think that's how you spell it. Not a fan of that fashion statement.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 260 Posts

Nice ride! by the way your 95 ROM rating is probably equal to north americas 91 octane
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Z06ofArabia
Cruising

Originally Posted by pokerpro
Congrats on your new to you Z. Your ride looks sweet. Premium here in FL is around $4.15. The only thing that would look horrible in your Z would be some chick in a burqa. I think that's how you spell it. Not a fan of that fashion statement.
Thanks man! And yeah I guess our prices are very close

and hahaha dude I don't even know what a Burqa is :P

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Nice ride! by the way your 95 ROM rating is probably equal to north americas 91 octane
Thanks And yeah probably
I'm running the 91 Octane tune through the diablo as the manufacturer advised

Quick Reply: [Z06] First post, my black Z06