Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Looking for a new daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:42 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Ozer, even from a slow roll the gtr will win as for the transmission and diff question you need to educate yourself on the reliability of japanese cars vs General Maintenance cars!Gtr transmissiomns have zero breakdowns since 2010.I know my z06 needed a motor rebuilt at 35000 miles and thank god it was on warranty.When the competition builds a good car we should welcome it not bash it as many of you seem to love to do.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Do you see many vettes running 8s?Come on man be real all wheel drive will save the average drivers life a lot more than rear wheel drive.And as for your buddy spinning with all wheel drive then on that same track your vette must feel like its on a skating rink.2013 gtr does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds on stock tires there is not much spinning going on there trust me.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GIO-305
I want a ride.

I'll take it in black
Here you go, It has the tan inserts in the seats.

Going to go check it out tomorrow if the wife is up to it.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:06 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
Ozer, even from a slow roll the gtr will win as for the transmission and diff question you need to educate yourself on the reliability of japanese cars vs General Maintenance cars!Gtr transmissiomns have zero breakdowns since 2010.I know my z06 needed a motor rebuilt at 35000 miles and thank god it was on warranty.When the competition builds a good car we should welcome it not bash it as many of you seem to love to do.
Actually a buddies GTR had his transmission go out recently.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:32 AM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersonic_ZR1
Here you go, It has the tan inserts in the seats.

Going to go check it out tomorrow if the wife is up to it.

That's nice I perfer blk inter
Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,476 Likes on 2,278 Posts

Originally Posted by whatcop?
Actually a buddies GTR had his transmission go out recently.
Yeah, they haven't had a bullet-proof run re the trans.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:19 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,038 Posts

Funny, here you think I'm bashing GT-R because I said transmission is expensive to fix; in another thread, some others think I'm bashing Z06 because I say LS7 is not reliable.

As someone else also mentioned, the transmissions do fail, and is one of the weak chains of the GT-R. When it overheats, it quickly starts giving up. In fact, the newest models even have a limit on how many launches you can do in a short time to protect it a bit. It also quickly destroys tires at the track due to its weight, if you care to track it. Z06 is not perfect, and the community here knows all its pluses and minuses. Just like that, GT-R has its issues, too.

The superior reliability of Japanese cars over American cars was true for a decade or two, but not so much anymore. You can check consumer reports, and you'll see American cars in some of the categories are deemed even more reliable than the Japanese counterparts.

Please don't make it personal by saying we are bashers or that I need to educate myself, etc. I don't think that was called for; I am merely stating my opinions.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:41 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ozer
Funny, here you think I'm bashing GT-R because I said transmission is expensive to fix; in another thread, some others think I'm bashing Z06 because I say LS7 is not reliable.

As someone else also mentioned, the transmissions do fail, and is one of the weak chains of the GT-R. When it overheats, it quickly starts giving up. In fact, the newest models even have a limit on how many launches you can do in a short time to protect it a bit. It also quickly destroys tires at the track due to its weight, if you care to track it. Z06 is not perfect, and the community here knows all its pluses and minuses. Just like that, GT-R has its issues, too.

The superior reliability of Japanese cars over American cars was true for a decade or two, but not so much anymore. You can check consumer reports, and you'll see American cars in some of the categories are deemed even more reliable than the Japanese counterparts.

Please don't make it personal by saying we are bashers or that I need to educate myself, etc. I don't think that was called for; I am merely stating my opinions.

On point my friend. I couldn't have said it any better.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:11 AM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Don't forget guys, there's a D-bag in every crowd and it seems we've found one...
Old 05-19-2012, 11:07 AM
kilr4d
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
looks big, slow and ugly!!!
10's showroom stock is slow?

Goddamn...what's your version of fast?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:05 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kilr4d
10's showroom stock is slow?

Goddamn...what's your version of fast?
The whipping my ZR1 is going to give him. Thats why im getting the GTR to not make im feel so bad.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 05-19-2012, 04:46 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

I m not a d bag you are though.And the only trannys that had a problem are 09.Typical american pride thing whatever isnt built by them is worthless.Enough said i have no time for this.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:04 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

I m not a d bag you are though.And the only trannys that had a problem are 09.Typical american pride thing whatever isnt built by them is worthless.Enough said i have no time for this.
Funny thing is no one was referencing you as one, but since you took it upon yourself to apply for the job you can have it
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 PM
geezerman
Racer

Originally Posted by GIO-305
Tell me what you think. Im keeping my ZR1 but im looking at this for my DD.

I was at the dealer last night and im going to go back today to leave a depost on it.

...they make, from what i hear,..an EXCELLENT daily driver,...fast,...etc,...fast,...i'm not sweet on them myself,..[too nannied and computer aided for my taste,..and no manny tranny is a deal killer for me],..my question to you is this,..did they let you test drive the freakin' thing?!,..when wife and went to see this thing back in '09,..they were acting like this thing was the second coming,..and ya couldn't get any where near the thing,..i think perhaps nissans been humbled by it's turd like sales numbers,..thing is a total DUD sales wise,..so, just curious,..have they gotten over themselves,..and deigned to like mere mortals take her out for a spin before purchasing?!,..would love to hear what your purchasing experience was like with this thing,...it's a beast no doubt,..just not to my liking,..nor many others,..apperantly,..based on it's sales figures,...
Old 05-19-2012, 08:45 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by geezerman
...they make, from what i hear,..an EXCELLENT daily driver,...fast,...etc,...fast,...i'm not sweet on them myself,..[too nannied and computer aided for my taste,..and no manny tranny is a deal killer for me],..my question to you is this,..did they let you test drive the freakin' thing?!,..when wife and went to see this thing back in '09,..they were acting like this thing was the second coming,..and ya couldn't get any where near the thing,..i think perhaps nissans been humbled by it's turd like sales numbers,..thing is a total DUD sales wise,..so, just curious,..have they gotten over themselves,..and deigned to like mere mortals take her out for a spin before purchasing?!,..would love to hear what your purchasing experience was like with this thing,...it's a beast no doubt,..just not to my liking,..nor many others,..apperantly,..based on it's sales figures,...
I left a deposit and giving them a bit of a run around to make them want to get this deal close. I can work the price to my favor when I do this
Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Thank you sir...

BTW, Canada is fine too...

Originally Posted by whatcop?
Funny thing is no one was referencing you as one, but since you took it upon yourself to apply for the job you can have it
I guess they come "out of the closet" all by themselves...

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a new daily driver

Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Default GIO's Top Speed RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to need more down force.
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2012, 12:30 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ufaj26
Seems to need more down force.
Haha, thats awsome
Old 05-20-2012, 06:03 PM
konaforever
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR
Only 3 times? So I guess its like this, its ugly (there is 4) but its awesome to drive year round. But it won't scare or excite you, so once you get over how awesome of a car it is, your left with (ugly (5th) and unexciting).

But he ASKED about a Daily Driver, you CANT beat this car as a daily driver. You won't stand out, it has a good trunk, plenty of capacity, great in the rain, snow and sun. But if you are a RWD, tail happy, stick shifting car driver, like I am, your going to get bored on how great the car is. I'm sorry if I am not explaining it well, but the car is damn good at everything, and it has never scared me. The ZR1 seems like its going to break loose every time I hit the gas, and the viper definitely did (mine was 730 rwhp), it was exciting seat of your pants.. I like that, the GTR won't give you that, it will give you an awesome car thats extremely drivable, but ugly (6th? 7th time?) and so once you get over that its a great car, your like hmmm... but it doesn't excite me, in looks or in tire shredding, gear shifting, white knuckle fun.... and then you sell it like I did.

I was without it for a few months and then I thought, hmmm.. should I get a 2013 or a Zr1... you can see which one I ended up getting.

Only thing I disagree about is the rock star part. My GTR (red) get attention. I get asked about it 2-3 times a week. I see people pointing to it when I pass them on the side of the road. People take pics, etc. It's not a pretty car, but has presence in person, and looks aggressive.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Looking for a new daily driver