Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Ceramic Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 AM
larvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Brake Pads

I have a 2007 Z06 and I want to go to hawk ceramic brake pads. I do not track the car, its all street driving. What is a better choice, one piece pads or non one piece pads? Thanks for any info....
Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 493 Likes on 420 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Carbotech bobcat 1521 in 1 piece is better I prefer the 1 piece so you dont have to mess with the caliper pins.

The Carbotech™ 1521™ is our high performance street compound. The 1521™ compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521™ is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotech™ 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800°F (426°C+). 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotech™ 1521™ is NOT recommended for ANY track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 08-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

I don't think either one is better at all. It is just personal install preference. You're certainly not going to get better braking or stopping power out of either one. We do have a Hawk price guarantee. Check it out!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...house-com.html

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 08-05-2012, 06:03 PM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

you might want to check and see if the bobcats are noisy or not...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:37 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,618 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
you might want to check and see if the bobcats are noisy or not...
The Bobcats are not noisy. There will be an occasional squeal and there was also on the factory pads. It is not objectionable.

OP, If the car is street driven only, you probably get good life out of brake pads. One big advantage of the single-piece pads is that they are easier to swap in and out, which is a big advantage for those of us that swap from street to track pads and back.

The padlets are usually cheaper, so that may be more an advantage to you than the convenience of frequent pad swaps.

Both the single pads and the padlets can be changed by unbolting the calipers with the two big bolts. Only the padlets can be changed by undoing the torx or allen head pins. Most of us choose the two big bolts even with the padlets as the pins can be a pain to loosen.

There is a brake pad change thread in the DIY sticky at that top of the forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic Brake Pads

Quick Reply: [Z06] Ceramic Brake Pads