Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Windshield Wiper Aero / Plastic Piece

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 AM
Centex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Aero / Plastic Piece

Hey guys - did a search but dont think I am using the right words and figure its a quick answer anyway - ... I need to replace my windshield wipers on my 08 Z - and before I do ... how do i get that aero or plastic piece off the drivers side blade piece ... or is that something that only the dealer orders? please let me know what you have done when you need to replace your blades.. or do you say to heck with it and just disregard the plastic piece for higher quality blades .. (there is no place for the piece on them) like the michelin blades ,... thanks in advance
Old 04-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Centex
Hey guys - did a search but dont think I am using the right words and figure its a quick answer anyway - ... I need to replace my windshield wipers on my 08 Z - and before I do ... how do i get that aero or plastic piece off the drivers side blade piece ... or is that something that only the dealer orders? please let me know what you have done when you need to replace your blades.. or do you say to heck with it and just disregard the plastic piece for higher quality blades .. (there is no place for the piece on them) like the michelin blades ,... thanks in advance
Bought my replacement blades at the dealer and the aero piece on the drivers side came with the new blade.

The OEM blades lasted seven and a half years. Car has 38,000 on it, garage kept. The Bosh blades on my Envoy, parked outside, usually last about two years.

Last edited by Larry Myers; 04-14-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Centex
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Myers
Bought my replacement blades at the dealer and the aero piece on the drivers side can with the new blade.

The OEM blades lasted seven and a half years. Car has 38,000 on it, garage kept. The Bosh blades on my Envoy, parked outside, usually last about two years.
ah ha - buy replacement blades from the dealer - got it .. thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

while the aero thing is somewhat functional IMHO it's more cosmetic than anything, so factor that in with the dealer cost.

The reason they last so long is b/c they aren't in the rain much...and when they are they don't need the aero piece to keep contact; if I'm doing 65 in the rain it's pushing it.

So yeah I probably would have paid the dealer premium if I had realized it before I had opened the package...but the Bosch replacement w/o the aero piece functions fine.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Drive Passion
Cruising

I went with the Bosch beam blades on my '08.
No issues with lifting or noise - even performs well at more than 65 in the rain.

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Wiper Aero / Plastic Piece

Quick Reply: [Z06] Windshield Wiper Aero / Plastic Piece