Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 w/ Torquer vs. 2014 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,391 Likes on 14,024 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

The GT-R is a fast car but good to see you easily pulled it in your Z06.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:34 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...slip-8071.html

My car pulls GTRs on highway easily and and Jotech is down the street for me stage 3 4 will give a good run.... Also a z06 with and average driver with traction on, will run mid 11s at track with everything turned off with stock tires low 11.2 11.0 is what I ran when I was stock, well with a tune..

The fact is GTRs can run consistent times with there launching system which is good. Very good drag car...

Last edited by RamAir972003; 04-30-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

he must have been in auto...10 car lengths...yeah OK
Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
ls7 drew a gt 500 will never beat a 2012 to present gtr both stock in a drag race and as far as headers thats what they give on a stock ls7.As for being broke i think you d better check your references next time.Keep making the payments on your car we dont want to see you ruin your already shaky credit rating.Your just another narrow minded fanboy who thinks what he drives is all that there is out there,any other car is worthless.Wake up.Guys like you make me laugh.
Drag racing means NOTHING in ROLL RACING get that threw your head. No one is talking about drag racing. Can you read?? Never said GTR was a bad car or mines a lot better so idk where you read that. They just get too much hype it's a nice car but not the end all be all.

And I owe 3k on my car and I'm half your age so go try and talk crap to someone else
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys keep in mind my car puts down a conservative 515RWHP (a conservative 12% loss gives me approx 576 crank) and was cornerweighted at 3143 with 1/2 tank of fuel and full fluids. Since the original cornerweighting, I have lightened the car through exhaust mods (strait through) and non run flat tires. I may have easily lost 40-50lbs, not sure, but the stock exhaust is quite heavy. Bottom line, that is fairly light compared to a 3818lb car with less HP that can't take advantage of its AWD from a dead start. I have General Exclaims and they hook amazingly for a street tire, I had ZERO wheelspin during this particular time, which isn't always the case, so I was lucky. The car hooked and just went, I got a significant jump hit second and third and when I looked back I had pulled a significant lead, then a few seconds later he took a turn and was gone. It was not a quarter mile. Did he give up or let off after I got the jump? Could be? but he didn't say. Afterwards, when we meet up, I didn't rub the win in his face and he did not make any excuses. We just talked about our cars and our passion. Again 10 car lengths was an "estimate", I only took a quick glance, may have been 8 or 7 or 6, but it was decisive.

Anyway, believe what you want. I posted only because I was amazed that I pulled him. Also, per my ride in his car afterwards I was not impressed with the acceleration and instantly felt that my car was faster.

Last edited by 95jersey; 04-30-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
Drag racing means NOTHING in ROLL RACING get that threw your head. No one is talking about drag racing. Can you read?? Never said GTR was a bad car or mines a lot better so idk where you read that. They just get too much hype it's a nice car but not the end all be all.

And I owe 3k on my car and I'm half your age so go try and talk crap to someone else
he just can't get it through his head this happened, and has got so much butt hurt over this thread it's comical

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Guys keep in mind my car puts down a conservative 515RWHP (a conservative 12% loss gives me approx 576 crank) and was cornerweighted at 3143 with 1/2 tank of fuel and full fluids. Since the original cornerweighting, I have lightened the car through exhaust mods (strait through) and non run flat tires. I may have easily lost 40-50lbs, not sure, but the stock exhaust is quite heavy. Bottom line, that is fairly light compared to a 3818lb car with less HP that can't take advantage of its AWD from a dead start. I have General Exclaims and they hook amazingly for a street tire, I had ZERO wheelspin during this particular time, which isn't always the case, so I was lucky. The car hooked and just went, I got a significant jump hit second and third and when I looked back I had pulled a significant lead, then a few seconds later he took a turn and was gone. It was not a quarter mile. Did he give up or let off after I got the jump? Could be? but he didn't say. Afterwards, when we meet up, I didn't rub the win in his face and he did not make any excuses. We just talked about our cars and our passion. Again 10 car lengths was an "estimate", I only took a quick glance, may have been 8 or 7 or 6, but it was decisive.

Anyway, believe what you want. I posted only because I was amazed that I pulled him. Also, per my ride in his car afterwards I was not impressed with the acceleration and instantly felt that my car was faster.
You know it's a shame you have to explain the same thing over and over again.. I can understand people debating about 10 or 5 car lengths , but some in here just can't accept the fact that in the right conditions and mods, the GTR can be beat. It's not hard to understand, you have a lighter, Higher HP car, roll raced which defeats some of the AWD advantages the GTR has Not rocket science.

I have the same tires you do, I would agree, for a cheap tire they hook great in a straight line or off the roll.... would not take them on a road course, but they are a decent street tire. I never expected them to hook that good either.

Last edited by FrankTank; 04-30-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:19 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Explains alot...Thanks for the reply...Do you remember how many miles he had on Godzilla and was he is auto/manual mode...
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 AM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Really? Inexperienced? Yeah, because that is the intuitive thing to do in a roll race... let off the throttle.
Paper tags = new car. Maybe he saw he was going to lose and let off. Happens all the time.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by troller399
Explains alot...Thanks for the reply...Do you remember how many miles he had on Godzilla and was he is auto/manual mode...
I did not see him use the paddles or shift any gears when we went for a ride.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 AM
VicCaerter
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

GT-R's are finicky to get them to take off right. Since the car had new tags I'm sure he didn't have much experience with it and if you did do a roll for 20 and he was in auto mode, that means he was probably in 4th gear with a sequential trans that had to kick down 2-3 gears and build boost before it could take off. Come on out to pocono this weekend and we can talk about it some more. I'll have my stock '13 GT-R with me.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VicCaerter
GT-R's are finicky to get them to take off right. Since the car had new tags I'm sure he didn't have much experience with it and if you did do a roll for 20 and he was in auto mode, that means he was probably in 4th gear with a sequential trans that had to kick down 2-3 gears and build boost before it could take off. Come on out to pocono this weekend and we can talk about it some more. I'll have my stock '13 GT-R with me.
The way I pulled him, this could be the case. Sounds like that is the difference between big cubes vs. a high tech turbo automatic...so magazine numbers aren't always telling of the full story. The only thing that doesn't jive with this assessment, is that he had 15-20 seconds where we first saw each other, then we lined up and counted up to 3. So it was not some huge surprise.

Thanks for the invite, but if you are referring to Pocono raceway, unfortunately I have since retired from 13 years of road racing. I must have done Pocono alone 60 times with 3 different cars. Got some expensive plastic trophies hanging around
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Reality... this GTR is also a 2008 with about 65 less HP. The Vette had Headers + Tune so id call it "lightly modified"

Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM
alnassak
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brother,
You don’t have to waste your time trying to explain for the ones that don’t believe your logical story.

I think everything you have stated makes common sense and I am sure your Z06 walked that GTR badly.

Good job!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Should I post my Z06 vs a 2011 GTR from 40-150? Lol

Originally Posted by propain
Reality... this GTR is also a 2008 with about 65 less HP. The Vette had Headers + Tune so id call it "lightly modified"

Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Should I post my Z06 vs a 2011 GTR from 40-150? Lol

Its all about variables.

Driver skill, Driver weight, DA, Reaction time.... ect ect ect...

For every one you show me you or anyone else winning I can show you a GTR doing the same. Its not clear cut and its NOT 10 cars again is the point.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

z06 owner losing to a stock pre 12 gtr from a roll is a horrible driver. Those years are slow stock from rolls. 10cars is prolly an exaggeration tho.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 w/ Torquer vs. 2014 GTR

Old 04-30-2013, 02:19 PM
ConfusedGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Last GTR I saw at the track ran 11.2 @ 123 (newer one not the lower hp early models). A 515 rwhp Z typically traps near 130, 7 mph is a lot when you race from a roll. Nearly the difference between a C5z and C6z. Depending on how long the race was, I'm not seeing the cause for all the heartburn. If the race was til 60 sure that'd be tough, but til 160-170, not the least bit hard to swallow.

I think GTRs are fantastic cars, but that auto is a buzz kill for me in a DD car. Overall great cars but I agree the $102,000 msrp is a bit much for what you get.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

z06 owner losing to a stock pre 12 gtr from a roll is a horrible driver. Those years are slow stock from rolls. 10cars is prolly an exaggeration tho.
Probably close to 15 cars right there
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

While I am sure that video is great for the ego it simply lacks the data to add anything to this. Show me a side by side.

Again... variables. What was done to your Z06 in this race? Even start? Proper gear for the GTR... ect ect...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 w/ Torquer vs. 2014 GTR