Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Buying a C6Z? Unlimited CARFAX inside:

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Buying a C6Z? Unlimited CARFAX inside:

Just purchased an unlimited CARFAX for the next 30 days. It just saved me from buying a total loss car that the dealer swears has a clean title.

If anyone needs a VIN ran, I'll be glad to run it for a small donation to my C6Z fund.

A few "free" services listed the title as clean, but one didn't. I couldn't stand not knowing and making a burnt run - so I pulled the trigger on the CarFax.

Sad, but glad I didn't jump on what I thought was a good deal.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Fifedogg
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm suprised the CarFox didn't show up and demand a CarFax!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess a CarFax can be helpful, but I;ve seen way to many cars with a "clean" Carfax that had extensive body damage...like the last car I bought in Feb. I find the GM Global Connect site much more extensive
and accurate. The CarFax has recently been exposed on a reliable news show. (I think it was 60 Minutes).
Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 AM
y2kvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

autocheck is better, that's what the auctions use
carfax is a joke
Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Svre46
Pro

I always get both. I had a e46 3series a while back. Major accident on Carfax but clean Autocheck. Neither are perfect and they will obviously never show what was not reported such as cash fixes. When I purchased my Z I had both. Lucky for me the guy I purchased it from privately also had it on consignment with the dealer. Was able to get it off the dealer link for free.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
I guess a CarFax can be helpful, but I;ve seen way to many cars with a "clean" Carfax that had extensive body damage...like the last car I bought in Feb. I find the GM Global Connect site much more extensive
and accurate. The CarFax has recently been exposed on a reliable news show. (I think it was 60 Minutes).
I learned this the hard way myself.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 AM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There was a trick to getting a free report. Just get the link to a car that has the carfax ran. Then replace the vin number with yours at the end of the link and then BAM. Free carfax
Old 07-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Breze84
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by crAzy03Z06
There was a trick to getting a free report. Just get the link to a car that has the carfax ran. Then replace the vin number with yours at the end of the link and then BAM. Free carfax
Lol, That does not work
Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 PM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Breze84
Lol, That does not work
worked for me when I got mine in December
Old 07-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Nick Chandler
5th Gear

Originally Posted by crAzy03Z06
worked for me when I got mine in December
What that means is by chance the car you were looking at already had a carfax report generated recently.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:50 PM
crAzy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Nick Chandler
What that means is by chance the car you were looking at already had a carfax report generated recently.
Maybe, but the guy who told me about it on another forum was to go to the link of a previous pulled carfax. Then at the end of the link it will have the vin number of the car that was just searched/reported/or whatever. Then you replace that vin number with yours and it will pull up your info on your car and everything. It told me the mileage my car had, where it was purchased, etc. Came from Kansas from the original owner then to Houston to a second owner I bought it off of. Nothing was reported on the car fax. The second owner told me it was vandalized where some kids ripped off the emblems from the front and it messed up the paint in process. So he got that fixed without going to insurance. Had the reciept and everythign for me.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
Carfax is NOT the know all-end all.....by any means.

Get notified of new replies

To Buying a C6Z? Unlimited CARFAX inside:

Quick Reply: [Z06] Buying a C6Z? Unlimited CARFAX inside: