Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Bought heads from American Heritage... review

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 03:47 PM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Bought heads from American Heritage... review

Hello,

I want to make sure this is done right, so it will be a bit long.

I'll start off that i'm military and am stationed in Germany. Got my car a year ago in Cali and had it shipped over. Had 18k miles on it(now 35k). I knew when i bought it about the valve problems. I drove the car like i stole it, weekly 200mph trips, drove it all around europe People love it over here, it is a true super car overseas... in Montecarlo the car got more attention than any ferrari or lamborghini. I go to nurburgring about twice a month (done 8 min flat). Local dealer that does warranty work promised me that after my warranty runs out they will cover the engine repair if the valves fail. After not keeping their word on replacing my exhaust after warranty ran out, I figured they won't help me if i have engine issues. So finally i decided to pull the trigger and purchase a set of heads, which to me was really unwanted expense (enlisted man here).

So search started for a good company. I am very meticulous, and I ask a lot of questions. I have contacted every single tuner on this forum that offers head replacement. First were gone the ones that don't ship overseas (via apo), second were gone the ones that don't offer core exchanges. Left me with a few choices, all seem to offer similar product. All have adds here listing prices. After talking to them I found that what they have listed quickly adds up to a lot more than stated in the add's. "well, you will also need, this... and with your driving you need that, and this." Some were customer friendly, but the price was too high for me... some were straight up cocky, which i don't particularly like (hard earned money that i'm spending here).

American Heritage came out on top in all the things i was looking for in a tuner. They explained in great detail to me the different options, and didn't try to get the most money out of me. They stuck with their advertised price, and honored every discount they have offered(i heard a lot of "we don't offer that discount anymore). They generously offered to send me heads and hold the core charge. They offered me priority shipping to APO at a very reasonable price, AND on top of that when the shipping price came out to be more than what they quoted me for ($170 more mind you), they ate that cost. Aside from heads, i also ordered a set of JBA headers and Xpipe, and they gave it to me a very competitive price. All items got to me within a week!

Customer service. I can't say enough about this. I asked a million questions, Kohle was always on point, responded very quickly and fully (not a one liner response). He gave me pointers and advice for my install (I was doing it by myself following the awesome DIY on this forum). But it didn't stop there, I also needed to be tuned, and here in germany (believe it or not) it is extremely difficult to get tuned... the wait is a month to get a spot, i have to drive few hours, and it costs a lot of money. Kohle generously explained different options of getting me tuned, and following his advice i purchased HP tuners. For a whole week now Kohle has been helping me get tuned (it's difficult since i don't have a wideband ), sending me maps, and reading a ton of data that i send him from the autobahn. We are currently zoomed in at having the car fully dialed in.

Overall I got awesome service from them, amazing support and I fully recommend them to anyone! I never knew a tuner would go to all these lengths. Believe it or not, us military folks often times get poor support out here I had some bad experiences with vendors (had good ones too though). If you thinking about switching your heads, give them a call! They may not be the biggest shop, but they surely do know their business.

I got package number 4.
Reworked heads, performance valve job, powdered metal guides, Ferrea exhaust valves f2042P, reworked intake valves, BTR dual springs, ARP bolts, all the gaskets, JBA headers and Xpipe (sound great BTW).
Old 04-30-2014, 03:58 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats Kotik.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:08 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Enjoy the power, post more videos of driving on the autobahn, and thank you for your service!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's so nice to hear these guys are good, and awesome of you to support a forum vender, good for you

Cheers, Paul.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

well-done by both A H and you ! enjoy your car

and thank you for your service
Old 05-01-2014, 12:38 AM
tgreenshields
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes...thank you for your service!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

That's a very nice package you picked and it sounds like they took excellent care of you. Thanks for your service and enjoy your Z06!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:29 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

I am very pleased that this vendor took care of you because couple of vendors in here need to see what customer service means when you spend 1 dollar or spend 10k, I hope you make close to 570 600 you will live it I remember driving my cosworth back then from Germany to Greece..
Old 05-01-2014, 01:17 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Kotik,

Thank you for your business and your review. It always a pleasure doing business with service men. Thank You Sir! I wish we had an autobahn here in the states, its fun reading your data knowing the data comes from the great autobahn.

If anyone has any questions please done hesitate to PM, call or email us.
http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
Old 05-01-2014, 01:27 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Kotik,

Thank you for your business and your review. It always a pleasure doing business with service men. Thank You Sir! I wish we had an autobahn here in the states, its fun reading your data knowing the data comes from the great autobahn.

If anyone has any questions please done hesitate to PM, call or email us.
http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
Glad to see you guys growing and glad to see the options you offer to Z06 owners.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM
NavyAirTraffic
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the same package as you (minus the headers and X pipe)!! The shop doing my R&R was impressed with the work Kohle did, I love driving my car without worrying about dropping a valve (that alone is priceless)!

I hate that I'm moving to the east coast because Kohle would've had more work coming his way (either NA or boost) if I didn't need to spend that cash on moving.

Congrats on the heads, have fun on the autobahn, and thanks for your service!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:17 PM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words!

So far heads held really well through 4x20 minute sessions at Spa

Get notified of new replies

To Bought heads from American Heritage... review

Quick Reply: [Z06] Bought heads from American Heritage... review