Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] whose spraying 150+?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Ricoslowz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thread I'll be doing 150 wet shot soon with 1000cc injectors and e85 along with cam , intake , headers , xpipes and catback .. That I already have on. Guess I should look into a clutch huh. Right now in the process of figuring out which fuel pump to upgrade to
Old 10-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Ricoslowz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thread I'll be doing 150 wet shot soon with 1000cc injectors and e85 along with cam , intake , headers , xpipes and catback .. That I already have on. Guess I should look into a clutch huh. Right now in the process of figuring out which fuel pump to upgrade to
Old 10-17-2014, 03:39 AM
jnv255
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with a Nitrous outlet kit, with the control panel that sits in the ashtray spot, along with the bottle heater you can get, window switch, progressive controller, etc... but I'm only spraying a 100 shot.
With a 100 shot, I'm making 765whp/713tq on 93 octane only, along with a Snow methanol injection kit. Pump E85 consistency turned me away from ethanol, plus there's not a lot of stores that have it around here.... And I didn't want too upgrade my fuel system when pump 93 and the methanol kit works great. If I'm racing a lot (hot lapping or back to back pulls in Mexico), l might add 2-4 gal at most of race fuel on the way to the track with a full tank of 93, so it's mixed in well by the time I get too the track, as I'll have about 1/2 tank of fuel by the time I get there, since I drive to the track. I'll mix (VP, MS109 which is unleaded with 93 as described above, but if I'm out, I'll throw a little (2gal max) of VP 112 (leaded) I can get from the pump at a local store down the road from where I live, or maybe one (1-1.5 gallons max) of Q16 I have left over from my old race car.... I try not too run much leaded for the sake of 02 sensors. It's not tuned with any race fuel in it at all, just straight 93 and the meth injection, but I'll add it if I'm beating on it a lot on hot summer Georgia day, and just incase my meth pump fails when I'm doing what what I said above.... (hot lapping and a lot of Mexico runs)... With the 93 octane on motor and spray, on the hottest GA days, I've yet too see the slightest sign of knock or any timing being pulled with just straight 93 and meth injection
So......
With me making 650whp/580tq on motor (NA) using only 93 octane and meth injection (and that was in the middle of July in GA, in an even hotter Dyno room, with ZERO race fuel in it, we thought an 150 shot would be a bit much as I didn't care about getting all I could get out of it. I want the car to last and be safe for a long time . On that same day it was tuned on motor, we just went with a 100 shot... Which as I said, it made 650whp/580tq on motor and 765whp/713tq on the 100 shot that day....
With the HP you're making on motor, I think you'll be fine on a 150 shot.. It's all in the tune.
I could bump mine up to a 150 if I wanted, but I want too keep it as safe as possible and last as long as possible as the bottom end is still stock... For now.
With the power you'll be making on Nitrous, I hope you have drag radials on the back as when I was on regular sport tires that did great threw corners, I would light the tires up shifting into 3rd gear, on motor only.
I put NT05R's on my 19's which work great and are night and day difference, but now I keep 315/35r-17 (26in) Hoosier drag radials on my Weld RTS's, along with skinnies that I daily drive on... Unless it's raining, or if there is a possibility of rain.... Which I never drove my car in the rain without Drag Radials on anyways.

I know of someone who had their valves done along with a few minor bolt on's that wasn't making much power NA and put a 200 shot on it and it still runs fine to my knowledge.
Have fun, be safe, and the laughing gas is addictive.

For the ones talking about a clutch, I burnt up a DYAD and went with an RPS billet triple disc along with a Tick MC which holds the power and the car shifts SOOOO much better, even with not the cleanest clutch fluid. (Remote bleeders are a nice addition too have)

Last edited by jnv255; 10-17-2014 at 03:49 AM. Reason: A
Old 10-17-2014, 07:43 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbotank
I met Wade a few weeks back but didn't get a chance to really get into the specifics. I've got a PM into him.

His car is what made me decide on the sumbich and hands down one of the best cam selections I've ever made. Nearly every cam I've ever put in a car I've regretted not going bigger. Not the case here!
What is your current set up. I'm thinking of a head cam swap this winter 585 whp sounds good enough for me. How would your setup work on a road course?
Thanks

Quick Reply: [Z06] whose spraying 150+?