Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] power steering cooler help - heads/cam install

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 02:24 PM
CyberZ
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default power steering cooler help - heads/cam install

Does anyone have a pic of proper routing for the factory power steering cooler lines?

I cant seem to route the line that goes from the cooler to the to the reservoir. I cant believe this is what is holding me up from finishing this swap.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:42 PM
JP426
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is partially apart so I don't know how much good a picture will do.
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2015, 08:59 PM
08mojo
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Just finish my head, cam, exhaust swap. The picture above is pretty good example of how the line routes.

The biggest pain I had was bolting the pump back into the bracket. Make sure to get all the pump to bracket bolts started before you tighten up the bracket to the head! And before that make sure you put the bracket to head bolts in their respective
holes before you install the pump!
Old 04-27-2015, 06:53 AM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

there's a plastic "clip" that goes around the rack and captures one of the lines somewhere -somehow.

Do you have a picture of where that round clip goes and what line it grabs? looks like it might be at the edge of your picture on the passenger side.

I struggled with the lines too, got everything back together and it looks right, but that clip is sitting on a shelf, don't know where it goes.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:38 AM
08mojo
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by zulatr
there's a plastic "clip" that goes around the rack and captures one of the lines somewhere -somehow.

Do you have a picture of where that round clip goes and what line it grabs? looks like it might be at the edge of your picture on the passenger side.

I struggled with the lines too, got everything back together and it looks right, but that clip is sitting on a shelf, don't know where it goes.
I don't have a picture handy, but you can see it at the bottom of the picture above (what would be the passenger side of the steering rack). That clip holds the end of the 'loop' of power steering hose that is directly beneath the power steering cooler. It supports the end of the loop.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:27 PM
mewalker2
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

I took a picture of this during my cam install. Hope it helps for the lower part:

Get notified of new replies

To power steering cooler help - heads/cam install

Quick Reply: [Z06] power steering cooler help - heads/cam install