Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Burnout 101 in a 600 HP C6 Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 05:19 AM
JonSnow
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guy does a couple burnouts on an empty private road without a car or person in sight on and gets nailed to the cross

"no way tires are expensive!!"

"where is his seatbelt?"

"what about rock chips?!?"

what a time to be alive
Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 AM
bluekey28
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerpro
The fact that your burning up expensive tires and throwing up pebbles and possibly chipping your paint, I see absolutely no upside from doing these burnouts!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Gxpz06
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

havent done a 1st gear burnout since my 1992 vw golf all 2nd gear torque here ... BUt mostly at the drag strip...

with that said I see NOt much danger where Kleib was doing the burnout... your priuses and Sport utilities flying at 60mph on residental areas or highway shifting lanes back and forth 90mph around other cars are the danger,. you dont have the suspension , brakes NOR the talent to avoid an accident ...

THis is AMERICA... find a side road/parking lot., Give it gas and let the torque rip the pavement keep open eyes and head up
Old 05-13-2015, 10:21 AM
adidasUNT8
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JonSnow
Guy does a couple burnouts on an empty private road without a car or person in sight on and gets nailed to the cross

"where is his seatbelt?"

what a time to be alive
^ this
Old 05-13-2015, 11:09 AM
mg5664970
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are the biggest bunch of sissies I have ever seen. I have been apart of many many different communities and enthusiast groups over my years of motorcycle and car ownership; and never have I come across a group like corvette owners. The people who put towels on their seats and never take the car out unless the conditions are perfect. While I love my 2010 grand sport and will likely never part with it; I can't fathom why you people act like this car is a 1970 E-Type. You realize it's a mass produced plastic car right?? Take it to the track, do burnouts, run through the gears as the builders intend. Let others drive your car, share the passion and share the performance. But for the love of god, when I take my car to get my cup tires mounted for another track day this weekend; and I see the base 2006 automatic convertible with an ugly *** towel on the drivers seat a sticker on both sides of the windshield that says "smell but don't touch" it makes me hang my head in shame; much like a successful black person does during the Baltimore riots.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:17 AM
JonSnow
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The fact that your burning up expensive tires and throwing up pebbles and possibly chipping your paint, I see absolutely no upside from doing these burnouts!

There's another crazy thing that people are doing that causes pebbles to be thrown and potential rock chips...

driving.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mg5664970
You guys are the biggest bunch of sissies I have ever seen. I have been apart of many many different communities and enthusiast groups over my years of motorcycle and car ownership; and never have I come across a group like corvette owners. The people who put towels on their seats and never take the car out unless the conditions are perfect. While I love my 2010 grand sport and will likely never part with it; I can't fathom why you people act like this car is a 1970 E-Type. You realize it's a mass produced plastic car right?? Take it to the track, do burnouts, run through the gears as the builders intend. Let others drive your car, share the passion and share the performance. But for the love of god, when I take my car to get my cup tires mounted for another track day this weekend; and I see the base 2006 automatic convertible with an ugly *** towel on the drivers seat a sticker on both sides of the windshield that says "smell but don't touch" it makes me hang my head in shame; much like a successful black person does during the Baltimore riots.
LOL what a good read!

Towels on the seats on a base model
Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 PM
soldier4life
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

"where is his seatbelt?"

what a time to be alive
Amen... Guy can't even enjoy his own car that he paid for and the peanut gallery goes nuts. Lighten up people. It's all in good fun.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:09 PM
EdsC6Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

Do onto your own car as you please. Didn't see anyone getting hurt. The occasional smoky is good fun.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

Mostly agree. Maybe it's because I do my own wrenching. I'm meticulous with my parts, labor, and maint so that I can drive my Z like my redheaded stepchild's stolen rental car.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:30 PM
x88
Drifting

Originally Posted by Josh B.
Mostly agree. Maybe it's because I do my own wrenching. I'm meticulous with my parts, labor, and maint so that I can drive my Z like my redheaded stepchild's stolen rental car.
I've noticed you can usually tell what kind of driver the person is by looking at their tires. Anytime I see runflats I know he spends more time waxing than WOT

As for me I usually have one of the dirtiest cars at the show but I also have R888s. When I take her out I make sure I get my "fix."
Old 05-13-2015, 04:08 PM
mg5664970
Racer

Originally Posted by The_Ruski_Driver
I've noticed you can usually tell what kind of driver the person is by looking at their tires. Anytime I see runflats I know he spends more time waxing than WOT

As for me I usually have one of the dirtiest cars at the show but I also have R888s. When I take her out I make sure I get my "fix."
I have run flats... But if you look at them, they are worn at the edges

Plus cup tires are run flats.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:18 PM
x88
Drifting

I have run flats... But if you look at them, they are worn at the edges

Plus cup tires are run flats.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Przyojski
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's another crazy thing that people are doing that causes pebbles to be thrown and potential rock chips...

driving.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:59 PM
LA_Z06
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Do you put plastic covers on your couch and chairs and plastic protective runners on the carpet and wood floors in your home?
Old 05-15-2015, 07:02 AM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Do you put plastic covers on your couch and chairs and plastic protective runners on the carpet and wood floors in your home?
So it would appear you don't care about any damage that occurs on your ride, that's interesting.

Note to self never buy a car from Mr. Gizmo

Get notified of new replies

To Burnout 101 in a 600 HP C6 Corvette Z06

Old 05-15-2015, 09:13 AM
mg5664970
Racer

So it would appear you don't care about any damage that occurs on your ride, that's interesting.

Note to self never buy a car from Mr. Gizmo
Keeping a car mint and low miles for the next owner is like not having sex with your wife/girlfriend so the next guy gets it in like new condition.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:57 PM
10splaya22
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Keeping a car mint and low miles for the next owner is like not having sex with your wife/girlfriend so the next guy gets it in like new condition.
Lol thats good. I bet he is already retired like half the corvette owners. Don't want to give him a heart attack doing a burnout. (No offense to anyone who is)

There is no issue doing it on an empty street like he did. Yes tires are expensive yes paintchips suck but thats going to happen no matter what. Might as well have a little fun doing it.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:09 PM
PJake
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: [Z06] Burnout 101 in a 600 HP C6 Corvette Z06