Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Burnout 101 in a 600 HP C6 Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

WOW!~this has been an interesting read so far! Everyone has an opinion and here is mine, I say you are driving a high HP sports car and if you don't use that power every so often, why have it? Just to putt around to the supermarket? or OLD folks retirement home? Sell your vette and buy a Ford if you are just going to drive around without any power! OR live a little and have FUN! with the best American sports car made! To the OPS original question, add a little extra air to the rear tires, that will make them spin even more.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerpro
So it would appear you don't care about any damage that occurs on your ride, that's interesting.

Note to self never buy a car from Mr. Gizmo
Note to self - Pokerpro sits on plastic couch covers in his living room.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:54 PM
huskychopper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Jasonoff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Note to self - Pokerpro sits on plastic couch covers in his living room.
You know it's true since the question was avoided
Old 05-17-2015, 07:19 AM
Pinski 1
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have never done a 2nd gear burnout (on purpose).....Going to have to try this one!!!!
Old 05-17-2015, 07:50 AM
maiettar1
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Raging_Bull
Really you think??

Sometimes replies on CF are well..... Just inane.
Make a comment saying let the OP put his hair down only to have a member ding me like I need a drool cup. Hmmm I always wear a seat belt, do you often drive around with your tin foil hat????

I'm 58 and I like to occasionally do a burnout-nothing stupid just leave em smelling rubber. It makes the wife squeal and gets you a better kick than a Starbucks triple shot hazelnut latte. So just try to loosen up and let the OP have a little fun.

I don't do it all that often but when I do - I always make sure I'm in a position to make sure no one can be hurt - and no cops are around - as I jump on it and put a smile on my face. The key being do the burnout right and make sure no one gets hurt.

Obviously this doesn't mean line it up in a big crowd and take a chance that you loose control and drill into the crowd as I occasionally see done on YouTube (that's what is irresponsible).
LMAO .......more than bucks triple shot
Old 05-17-2015, 08:08 AM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mg5664970
Keeping a car mint and low miles for the next owner is like not having sex with your wife/girlfriend so the next guy gets it in like new condition.

Funny......

I was in OC Md. this weekend for the hotrods. There were burnouts galore!!! with 99% done without endangering lives, lol.

But.... there were the Mustangs Ricers and PU trucks, driven mostly by kids, that were just plain out of control, grabbing 3 gears in a posted 40 mph with spectators on either side of the road. Scary. I hope no one made the news.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Burnout 101 in a 600 HP C6 Corvette Z06