Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 1st minor issue with lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Mach2
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 1st minor issue with lights

Took a drive and found a few spots to take pic's of the new (to me) 07 Z06, one of the pic's is the new avatar. Parked it in the garage. Came out a few minutes later and noticed the lights under the rear view mirror were on. After a minor panic thinking, great.....have the car home the second night and the battery is gonna go dead with these lights on. Looked in the book, tried to remember this issue with my former C6, then called a friend. He asked if I played with the instrument cluster light dim/bright button on the lower LH dash while I was out driving around, and I said yeah I did play with that button. He said to push in the button again, wait a few seconds and see if the mirror (courtesy?) lights go out. They did. Ah, relearning the C6 items. Whew, battery should be good to go with these lights out.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:36 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach2
Took a drive and found a few spots to take pic's of the new (to me) 07 Z06, one of the pic's is the new avatar. Parked it in the garage. Came out a few minutes later and noticed the lights under the rear view mirror were on. After a minor panic thinking, great.....have the car home the second night and the battery is gonna go dead with these lights on. Looked in the book, tried to remember this issue with my former C6, then called a friend. He asked if I played with the instrument cluster light dim/bright button on the lower LH dash while I was out driving around, and I said yeah I did play with that button. He said to push in the button again, wait a few seconds and see if the mirror (courtesy?) lights go out. They did. Ah, relearning the C6 items. Whew, battery should be good to go with these lights out.
Should get yourself a battery tender anyways unless you daily drive the car.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (12-03-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 10:39 PM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts

they will turn off after for sitting for 10 minutes anyways if you leave them on
Old 12-03-2015, 08:15 AM
08mojo
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Where are the pictures? Post them up!
Old 12-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Mach2
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08mojo
Where are the pictures? Post them up!
Here ya go.....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...z06-group.html

v8sten, thanks for the additional light issue info. Makes me feel better, in case I do that again.

Last edited by Mach2; 12-03-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1st minor issue with lights

Quick Reply: [Z06] 1st minor issue with lights