Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Where are all the z06's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 11:06 AM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Received 649 Likes on 328 Posts

Default Where are all the z06's for sale?

Sold my mustang cobra in December to pick up a c6 z06. I am looking for a low mileage black 08+ car. Seems to be few and far between that arent outrageously priced. I figured winter would be a great time to find a good deal on my new z06 but after 2 months of looking I still havent come across the car I want.

Do more cars typically come up for sale in spring time?
Old 02-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Find one you like and pay for it..

If you're on a budget or looking for a deal you can't always be picky..
Old 02-16-2016, 12:01 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 439 Likes on 264 Posts

be patient and I agree, find the one you really like and even if you pay a little more than market, it will be worth it if right i.e. low miles, mint etc.....
Old 02-16-2016, 12:14 PM
dcooper23
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold my cobra as well to move to a C6Z. I found mine on here in Oct.'15. Its an '08 2LZ with 26k miles and its super clean with the stock cam and heads milled and valves upgraded and fixed with new guides, etc. The car is a beast even with the stock cam still (526whp). I ended up paying a couple grand more than I originally planned, but it was absolutely worth it (low miles, heads fixed/upgraded, runs flawlessly). Most of the time, you gotta pay to play. Id rather pay more for a nice one than less for someone's old headache.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:22 PM
Brannon
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

I assume you're looking nationally, not just within your area?
Old 02-16-2016, 12:23 PM
EX1
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBSully
Sold my mustang cobra in December to pick up a c6 z06. I am looking for a low mileage black 08+ car. Seems to be few and far between that arent outrageously priced. I figured winter would be a great time to find a good deal on my new z06 but after 2 months of looking I still havent come across the car I want.

Do more cars typically come up for sale in spring time?
Keep in mind that C6 Z production was slashed in the later years. You say you are looking for a 08+ but the number of Z06s they made in 2006 and 2007 is more than they made in 08,09,10,11,12,and 2013 COMBINED. Plus people selling later model Z06s know that the changes that were made to the car command a higher price than those made in earlier years. Like the move to the TR6060 transmission, larger capacity dry sump, and stronger rear axles for example.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 PM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Brannon
I assume you're looking nationally, not just within your area?
Yep. Been checking craigslist, autotrader and cars.com nationwide every couple of days for the past couple months.

I keep finding red cars that are exactly what I want.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:49 PM
Mach2
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep. Been checking craigslist, autotrader and cars.com nationwide every couple of days for the past couple months.

I keep finding red cars that are exactly what I want.
Are you that hard over for black? Come on, if it's what you want get a RED one. Since I'm $pending your money.....
Old 02-16-2016, 02:04 PM
MyLS1Hauls
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

What do you feel is a fair price for a "low" mileage 08+ Z? One thing to remember, the number of good condition, low mileage C6Zs gets smaller by the day...no new ones being made, and people keep driving/modding them.

I personally wouldn't even try to sell a vette in the winter, since I know it would be tough, and I'd most likely be lowballed to death. I'd expect to see them start moving a bit more in the next month or so.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:04 PM
ELEFUNTMAN
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

From what I have seen on the innerweb this is one of the best place to find a great deal on a Z06. Price is not the only thing to look for, unless you are one of those guys that always shops the "cheapest", cheapest is never the "best" deal out there.

When I bought my first Z06, I bought the cheapest, learned everything I could about the cars AFTER. So after learning I decided to sell, offered it up and it was the best actual car for the cheapest $$. After tons of low-ball offers I put the price FIRM. 1st guy that drove it bought it, asked why so cheap?!

Anyway, I upgraded, if you keep looking on this site your dream will come in, just be realistic.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:18 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Not really in the for sale market, but I have a 2009 black Z06 1LZ (original owner), that has the heads, valves and valve guides redone, with a mild cam, long tube headers and exhaust, and all supporting mods. It has basically been a show car and weekend cruiser and has ~18,500 miles on it. Never been on a track of any kind and is is perfect shape. Has tint and clear bra too. Here is a recent video at 2:09

Here is a quick first gear pull in my Z with BB Fusions LT headers and mild cam. Turn it up and enjoy.

Dyno video:

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/big...7ae48.mp4.html

I won't let it go cheap, but if you want a high quality car done right by Race Proven Motorsports let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Last edited by bigterpsfan; 02-16-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:21 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Too-Fast
Cars end up being sold for what the market will bear, how could you fault someone for selling their car for what they can get; why would you call them greedy? Higher selling prices keeps the value of our cars higher...a good thing all around, IMO.
Market dictates the value...if someone is willing to pay more for a particular car than someone else, why should the seller be compelled to perceivably give the car away for a "good deal"?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:38 PM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

I agree. There is a couple sub 25k miles 2008 black cars I have found at dealers for under or at 40k. Nothing like that here in black.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:43 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree. There is a couple sub 25k miles 2008 black cars I have found at dealers for under or at 40k. Nothing like that here in black.
Every car is differnt, and while we all want a good deal, you get what you pay for. If you plan on enjoying the car for several years a few thousand $$$ extra is worth getting a quality car.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:49 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Any reason why you didn't grab one of those? Were they not local to you, or?

Most independent sellers have a number in mind, whether it be a car, or a home, or whatever; and if they don't get their number, they may not be willing to part with the asset...nothing more to it. Those that are more flexible or serious about selling that asset, will adjust accordingly to the market (eventually). You may just have to be patient to find the right car at the right price. Or as other have said; if you find the right car, you might have to pay a little more than you initially wanted to in order to get exactly what you want.

Last edited by MTPZ06; 02-16-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:52 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

My dad is selling his Torch Red 2012 Z on Autotrader. 8,000 miles, 2 or 3LZ. $51,500. I know its not black but is $5-10,000 cheaper than many comparable ZO6s. My dad is 67, previous owner was 69.

Jesse
Old 02-16-2016, 04:37 PM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Any reason why you didn't grab one of those? Were they not local to you, or?

Most independent sellers have a number in mind, whether it be a car, or a home, or whatever; and if they don't get their number, they may not be willing to part with the asset...nothing more to it. Those that are more flexible or serious about selling that asset, will adjust accordingly to the market (eventually). You may just have to be patient to find the right car at the right price. Or as other have said; if you find the right car, you might have to pay a little more than you initially wanted to in order to get exactly what you want.
Still considering it. One was a black 2008 3lz with 24k for $34,995. Bone stock 1 owner car in Midland Texas. Found it on saturday right before they closed and by the time I called late monday afternoon someone had already snatched it up.

The other one is still available, 2lz 21k miles, $39,995. Dealer called me back earlier today but I was working. Ive never bought a car sight unseen and have also never bought a car from a dealer, so I am a little nervous. I cant help but feel like the salesman at a used car dealership like this one probably doesnt know jack **** about c6zs. Would rather buy private party where I know the owner probably knows the answers to my questions.

Get notified of new replies

To Where are all the z06's for sale?

Old 02-16-2016, 05:42 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by kbreese
Sorry but you are wrong. The dealers are asking less than a lot of the private sellers here for comparable vehicles! Many members here have complained about and laughed at many of the asking prices being seen here.

Then dont buy and move along, why whine about what someone wants for their car? Just dont buy it....jeese..lol

Still considering it. One was a black 2008 3lz with 24k for $34,995. Bone stock 1 owner car in Midland Texas. Found it on saturday right before they closed and by the time I called late monday afternoon someone had already snatched it up.

The other one is still available, 2lz 21k miles, $39,995. Dealer called me back earlier today but I was working. Ive never bought a car sight unseen and have also never bought a car from a dealer, so I am a little nervous. I cant help but feel like the salesman at a used car dealership like this one probably doesnt know jack **** about c6zs. Would rather buy private party where I know the owner probably knows the answers to my questions.

So if you want to buy from a private party that knows the history instaed of a dealer, then pay the price, or move on. Stop whining!

You even posted in this thread...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-tune-etc.html

Did you not see the price at 30K? 30K?????? and its black. LOLOLOLOL

Last edited by reasonable suspicion; 02-16-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:59 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by kbreese
So if you go to your favorite super market and all the sudden the prices on everything are insane, you won't have anything to say? You'll just happily "move along"?

This is a discussion forum, and people are posting their opinions. If numerous members are asking unreasonable prices, it's certainly understandable that other members (particularly prospective buyers) will comment about it.

For the record, I've been watching the market here for as long as I've been here, which is obviously way before you joined, and I've never seen so many overpriced cars as I have lately. It's unfortunate, as this used to be a place where members gave each other good deals.

And stop being such a childish D-bag with the emoticons.
Yep I just move along if I dont like the price of something, or the service.........I wont go back. Why waste time whining and complaining>??????

You cabn have your opinion, that sfine, just giving you mine

I wouldnt sell my z to give a fellow member a good price, I would sell it for what I could get for it

moving along and beering, you should get off the porch and buy a z. Pay up or shut up.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:26 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Good luck OP...keep searching you will find the Z for you...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Where are all the z06's for sale?