Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] CF Side Skirt & Splitter Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 12:20 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

So FedEx came today to pick up the Taiwan splitter at RPI's request. They said they will issue a full refund including shipping when they get it back to their location.

I packaged it exactly as RPI had done, in the same box with the very same packing materials. Also took a lot of pictures & video of the splitter's undamaged condition and packing.

Hopefully all will go smooth from here and I'll be refunded promptly and for the full amount.

I'll update if & when that takes place.

Joe T.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:30 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,102 Likes on 753 Posts

^^^ That's good news. Something they should have done immediately. Might have saved them a few customers/sales.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:38 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj
^^^ That's good news. Something they should have done immediately. Might have saved them a few customers/sales.
It's not over yet....I'll know better when I see the full refund amount on the credit card.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:42 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Old 04-27-2016, 01:02 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by jft69z
The full credit of $555 for the splitter and shipping posted today on the credit card. It's too bad it took a complaint to the BBB & Attorney General's office to make it happen though.

After all the email exchanges (nice paper trail) that took place, they never did address the 'made in Taiwan' part of the issue either. Totally skipped over that completely.

I will say that 'Don' was polite & professional with all the correspondence, but he was taking his directions from the owner (who never made an effort to contact me) every step of the way, probably hoping I was just going to drop it and go away.

In all, it's safe to say I'll never be purchasing anything from them again.

Thanks for following along with this saga. Hopefully it will have helped someone else avoid the same disappointment that I had as soon as I opened the box, and the events that followed.

Joe T.
Good for you for being persistent & we would not even know about it without the forum.

The following users liked this post:
jft69z (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 03:11 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by jft69z
The full credit of $555 for the splitter and shipping posted today on the credit card. It's too bad it took a complaint to the BBB & Attorney General's office to make it happen though.

After all the email exchanges (nice paper trail) that took place, they never did address the 'made in Taiwan' part of the issue either. Totally skipped over that completely.

I will say that 'Don' was polite & professional with all the correspondence, but he was taking his directions from the owner (who never made an effort to contact me) every step of the way, probably hoping I was just going to drop it and go away.

In all, it's safe to say I'll never be purchasing anything from them again.

Thanks for following along with this saga. Hopefully it will have helped someone else avoid the same disappointment that I had as soon as I opened the box, and the events that followed.

Joe T.
I have heard this many times over the years with this company......I am not sure why anyone would buy from them...wait, stuff is cheap..that's why.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:10 PM
zr11
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those carbon Fiber ones look great
in 2012 I bought a nice CF front splitter and side for my Z06 from a company in California, it came with Rad support as well,

Quick Reply: [ZR1] CF Side Skirt & Splitter Review