Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Front Side Marker Amber LED Bulb Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 10:44 PM
MGPete90
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Front Side Marker Amber LED Bulb Question

CF,

I recently ordered JWM LED interior and exterior side market kit. Everything works and looks great except for the front LED side marker bulbs. The bulbs for the rear (red), were much shorter, dimensionally speaking vs. the amber bulbs for the front. The bulbs intended for the front are the same length as the interior LED bulbs.

When I try to install the front side marker bulbs, they fit into the harness, but then are so long that the harness can't reconnect with the lens as the bulb makes contact with it. I triple checked to make sure that the bulb was fully seated into the wiring harness, but no luck.

1) Given JWM's history of returns, I'm not holding my breath for anything
2) What are the correct bulbs to get? My rear side markers were about 1/3" shorter than the fronts. I'm looking for amber front LEDs for a 2011 ZR1

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:51 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

you have to trim the side of the plastic beneath the bulb for them to push all the way down in the wiring socket. you can use a dremel or even a box cutter.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 PM
MGPete90
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you. That seems like a little bit of a "permanent" solution. I'm curious to see if there are miniature 194 bulbs out there that are similar to my rear side marker LED's. They are only about 1/2" long.

Get notified of new replies

To Front Side Marker Amber LED Bulb Question

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Front Side Marker Amber LED Bulb Question