Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Buying a Z06 - Feedback/info needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Droobui
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buying a Z06 - Feedback/info needed

Hi guys,

I am John, and I am from Switzerland.

I always had sport cars, and love racetrack, and it's finally the time.
I sold my Porsche this morning and will take leap into the Corvette World.
Always Loved the Z06, and that's where I need you.

I went to see this very nice Z06 from 07/2007, White, Ron Fellows edition.
It has 12'000 miles with the ZR1 rims, also has K/N Air intake, Exhaust Headers with 200cel cats and an ECU tune good for about 570hp crank.
If I take it, I would request the ZR1 full carbon package as I think it looks fantastic with it.

Do I need to worry about anything particular with this car ? I heard about the valves issue, that's pretty much it. Any info on this Ron Fellows edition please let me know what you think and if I should look for any particular things while reviewing this Corvette.

(I went test drive another one with around 50K of mod on it, full callaway intake/suspension/ZR1 carbon kit etc... but it was tracked a lot and had twice the mileage of this white one and didnt run as nice as this one which seemed like a new car).

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Regards from Switzerland
Attached Images      
Old 10-02-2016, 12:23 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Looks like a great car and low miles. Have the heads checked / addressed and enjoy.
Lots of valuable info in this section regarding these awesome Vettes.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by Droobui
I am John, and I am from Switzerland...I went to see this very nice Z06 from 07/2007, White, Ron Fellows edition. It has 12'000 miles...
Do I need to worry about anything particular with this car ? I heard about the valves issue, that's pretty much it. Any info on this Ron Fellows edition please let me know what you think and if I should look for any particular things while reviewing this Corvette.
Looks to me like a sweet low mile cherry, John. A RFE is just sauce for the goose.

Early '07 LS7 builds had funky rocker bearings IIRC, in the USA these would've been replaced under warranty. Europe? Don't know, but do check car's service history w/ a GMVIS.

Unless heads have already been rebuilt w/ new guides, I'd suggest you make having 'em checked/rebuilt a top priority. A new LS7 costs a fortune here stateside, it'd be over the moon in Europe.
Mind you not all LS7s fail, my '08 w/ 52 K hasn't and many others as well, but there have been failures nonetheless. Be proactive w/ this.

I'd vote you snag this gem, before someone else does. Enjoying it will be easy and you'll learn why real quick.

Once heads have been checked these car's are ridiculously reliable.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:37 PM
eshuber
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi John,
I would also put the car up on a lift and check for oil leaks, especially around the oil pan gasket. The car you picked out looks very nice.
Good luck.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:38 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

Someone from Switzerland, interesting. I'd love to go there. How much is that car USD? It looks sharp. The valve guide wear issue needs to be addressed. What is that thingamajig below the Z06 emblem?
The following users liked this post:
*El Ocho* (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 01:38 AM
Droobui
Heel & Toe

Thank you for your input guys, very much appreciated.

So except the valve that needs to be checked, this Z06 is brand new and I am confident to go with it. Before signing the contract, I will require the valve guide check. Thanks.

I am currently negotiating the Z06 Carbon fiber kit, front splitter, side skirts, spoiler, and having the headlight painted black inside (ZR1 style) and adding the 2 piece rotor + pad or the AP Racing or Stoptech brakes (on the recomendation of the garage itself).
I am usually pretty active on a forum once I own an involving car, and I rarely (never ?) keep them stock so you will probably hear from Switzerland a little bit more in the next few months if you accept me here

As to answer your questions.
Of course the price here in Switzerland will make you laugh compared to the US, please dont hurt my feelings too much by doing so ahaha
It's currently listed at 47'000$

Which is the price of a Subaru or a middle range audi with no option so I guess it's good value
And the LS7 is calling me from too long already.

@C5 Hardtop, what thing are you talking about under the Z06 Sign ? On the side you mean ?

Last edited by Droobui; 10-03-2016 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:36 AM
*El Ocho*
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop
Someone from Switzerland, interesting. I'd love to go there. How much is that car USD? It looks sharp. The valve guide wear issue needs to be addressed. What is that thingamajig below the Z06 emblem?
I'm pretty sure that is a side marker light.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Droobui
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by *El Ocho*
I'm pretty sure that is a side marker light.
Holy S* you are right, I was not even thinking about that, meaning that I wasn't even suspecting that we had a difference at this level between EU Z06 and US Z06.

I just checked a few pictures of US Z06, and it seems inexistant.

Thanks EU Laws probably...

Good eye then

Get notified of new replies

To Buying a Z06 - Feedback/info needed

Quick Reply: [Z06] Buying a Z06 - Feedback/info needed