Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] AHP Package 4 or Lingenfelter Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by injfuel
Yes it seemed low to me but I had to consider these things , I've never been on this Dyno before (it is a Dynojet) as this is my first Chevy and I switched tuners to someone the LS community around me recommended , also I never got any base numbers (which I really regret now) so I don't know where I started and if the Dyno does read low I might have picked up close to what I should have but I'll never know now . And yes I stated in my above post it's a stock throttle body and intake , and I really wouldn't call them ported , what was done was the casting flaws were removed and smoothed out and a little material was taken out of the front side of the throttle body and polished (none was talked out behind the TB blade on the intake side) I would say it might free up 5-7hp at most . Also my heads still had some of the factory CNC grooves in the intake ports , looks like most of the porting was done on the exhaust side , I don't port heads for a living but I've seen enough to know that there is a lot left to be done if I chose to , he calls it a high velocity street port , dont know what that means exactly
Sorry, I missed that. With as much camshaft as you got there, I just assumed you went with an aftermarket intake. There is an easy 25hp to be had with a ported Fast, and possibly more with a ported MSD. That would put power about where I was thinking it should be. With 232/0.050 intake duration, and that much lift, AND the bump in SCR, you should be ~575. The larger TB, in my experience, isn't worth the money. Hardly noticeable gains or improvements - and I also do my own tuning, so it's not like I'm talking out my ***. The intake port does not require much work at all.....The exh side does.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:44 PM
injfuel
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Sorry, I missed that. With as much camshaft as you got there, I just assumed you went with an aftermarket intake. There is an easy 25hp to be had with a ported Fast, and possibly more with a ported MSD. That would put power about where I was thinking it should be. With 232/0.050 intake duration, and that much lift, AND the bump in SCR, you should be ~575. The larger TB, in my experience, isn't worth the money. Hardly noticeable gains or improvements - and I also do my own tuning, so it's not like I'm talking out my ***. The intake port does not require much work at all.....The exh side does.
Thanks for the advice , I agree about the throttle body , and honestly I thought the porting on the intake and throttle body would be more extensive , the ported Fast or MSD is next on the list , things just added up quick with having to buy drag radials and tuning along with the parts for my build , crept right up on $5k , thank God I've been turning wrenches my whole adult life (I'm 40 now) so I did all my own mechanic work , a clutch will be next on the list before the intake actually , that will be another 10-15 hours labor on this beast lol , my favorite mod so far is the 3 inch muffler mod . It's so loud and badass sounding and literally goes super quiet when I close those flaps !!! And yes there's a lot of camshaft there , that's why I'll def be pulling the heads and inspecting after 5k miles or so
Old 03-23-2017, 03:10 PM
spy2520
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Edit: Odd...post above mine was deleted.

^ The description given of the valve head broken off and the guide split in half...to me that suggests a valve kissed a piston. So valve float...not a defective valve or a guide.
Not odd. Just didn't realize that exact car had already been addressed lol.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:12 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by spy2520
Not odd. Just didn't realize that exact car had already been addressed lol.
Ok...still an interesting choice to delete the post, but no worries.

Quick Reply: [Z06] AHP Package 4 or Lingenfelter Heads?