Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Lowest numbers ever for a H/C/I/LT C6Z?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by kbreese
So then I will not be screwed at all, correct?

How did the car run on the street after the SD + street tune? The dyno graph looks like it will be super torquey and pull really hard up to ~6k
I see no reason why you would be screwed lol. I wouldn't have recommended this course of action if I thought that's how it would end up lol.

She drove really nice. Power was present anywhere you hit it. You be the judge when you pick her up lol

-Andrew
kbreese (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Complete Street
You would be equally as screwed in MAF or Hybrid. The Low Octane and High Octane tables function just the same, as it primarily uses the High Octane table and will knock down to the Low Octane if a lack of octane or other issue is present that causes the car to knock.

You will not have issues with it.

You will not. Perhaps driving to Denver, but the baro calculation should handle all the goofiness.
The OP only partially quoted me, again......... See below. I did not know if this ECM would default to the Low Octane table if the MAF is failed.

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Your tuner will know for sure.....

When I say "screwed", that ASSUMES the High octane table will be ignored and your tuner will need to use the Low octane table, ONLY. If you get some crap fuel, there will be no "Low" octane table to reference, so spark will be whatever it is set to. So, there will be a good chance that the retard table will not be enough to keep detonation from occurring. NOT a good place to be. But again, I am not sure if the E38 does this or not.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:22 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
The OP only partially quoted me, again......... See below. I did not know if this ECM would default to the Low Octane table if the MAF is failed.
I believe I only partially quoted you the one time, and shortly after I edited my post to correct it.

Not sure if you are talking about the other time when you were confused thinking Mordeth was insulting you when in fact he was complimenting you?

Either way, thanks for all the help. I certainly appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:49 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Well I can tell you it's a huge difference...I can actually cruise the car, chugging along in 6th gear at low rpms no problem.

And the car is just so powerful and quick. No it doesn't have the same super pull at the very top end but it's power delivery is more beefy and more linear. It just accelerates so damn effortlessly.

My car is also a little bit lighter with the featherlite coilovers and corbeau seats, and it's impressive how fast it can accelerate at lower rpms and partial throttle.

One thing is I definitely hear the "sewing machine" now and at certain lower rpms while cruising it has this strange surge like a car that is idling inconsistently like ruuum, ruuum, ruuum. instead of a steady purr, but only at this one rpm, it's strange. Might be totally normal or me being overly critical not sure.

But overall I was very happy with it. Got stuck in HEAVY Belt parkway traffic, and then again on the Southern state Pkwy...I'm talking hours of tedious stop and go...my knees were starting to really hurt and I was like please God make open up this traffic, lol. But the car was fine the whole time with the AC going & music playing in hot/humid conditions.

Definitely love the car and how it runs now, and after that huge test on the way home, I am confident I can deal with commuting traffic no problem. Also confident that the car is really F-ing fast too! And I know everyone has their own idea of what "fast" is...No, the car is obviously not 9's fast...but I would think definitely high 10's, which in my book is still a really fast street car.

Had some disappointments with CSP, but they also did a lot of things right. Overall I was happy with them in the end.

Last edited by kbreese; 06-19-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Lowest numbers ever for a H/C/I/LT C6Z?