Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Who has added ZR1 style side skirts AND front splash guards?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 12:22 PM
shine
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has added ZR1 style side skirts AND front splash guards?

I am interested in adding ZR1 style side skirts as well as front splash guards to my 08 Z06. I know there are several options for both products but not certain what works together well. APR Performance with their carbon products looks like a good option as they have both that are meant to work together. They are on the pricey side but I would expect that for a quality finish and good fitment with true carbon. I have read RPI might have some quality issues. I think APsis has some options but I am having a hard time navigating their website to find pricing and options. Are there other options I should consider? For those that have tried some combination of these I would like to hear how installation went & how they are holding up.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I have ZR1 style sideskirts and front splitter from RPI. Fitment is very good and they have held up to some pretty serious track abuse. I have the ZR1 splitter brace as well. Have had these on the car for about 7 years with no issues.

I ordered the front splash guards from them as well last year. They do not fit properly and need to be bent at weird angles to be held in place and conform to the fender. No matter what they tell you, the mold they use is not correct. They will blame it on differences from car to car and other things. Fact is, the mold they use sucks and deep down they know it.

So I sent back the RPI ones and ordered the APSIS full front guards they are designed to be compatible with a Z06 using a ZR1 style sideskirt. They fit MUCH MUCH better (almost perfectly) and take all of 5 seconds to attach (2 easy screws). They aren't 100% perfect, but I would say 98%, and in this case is likely due to variation in manufacturing tolerances on my car (meaning, not APSIS fault).

If you are on a budget but still want it right then I would order the ZR1 style side skirts from RPI and the front splash guards from APSIS. APSIS website never works, but Jersey is a good guy. Just call him or send him an email and tell him what you need.

Of you go full on with APSIS or APR for the whole deal. Fitment will be dead-nuts but will cost more.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:20 PM
shine
8th Gear

Great feedback Mordeth, thanks! Good to know RPI+APsis they work well together and have been holding up. I see RPI paint matches the side skirts, or they come unpainted. What did you go with? I'm pretty sure I would prefer the carbon fiber on those, like a factory ZR1, but not sure what the unpainted (black?) is like.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Mine are painted to color match to the car. But only because my car is Lemans Blue, and I am a Lemans Blue FREAK. I think they look good both ways - color matched to car or CF. I also went with the full, wider splash guards from APSIS. They are a little bulbous, but provide better protection than from his thinner, more stealth versions.

Also be aware that RPI takes forever to paint and ship things. Whatever they tell you, triple it. It will come though, always. And the parts (other than the POS mud guard) are usually of very good quality and painted well. They also stand behind their products, even the shitty ones.

Here are a few pics of mine. If you want anymore, close-ups angles etc I am happy to snap some.

The following users liked this post:
shine (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 03:07 PM
shine
8th Gear

Awesome, thanks for the pics and info. Love the Le Mans blue. That gives me something to think about.

Get notified of new replies

To Who has added ZR1 style side skirts AND front splash guards?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Who has added ZR1 style side skirts AND front splash guards?