Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C7 Carbon review

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 06:15 PM
YB80
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 Carbon review

I ordered my extended rear spoiler, extended side skirts and the front zr1 splitter online from c7 carbon all carbon fiber pieces and I'm very satisfied with the outcome. I will post pics because I know that really what matters but I'm newbie and just wanted to leave my personal feedback since I stalked this page for years reading as much as I could on who to buy from. I read many complaints and I honestly rolled the dice. Customer service was on point even though I was long delay on rear extended spoiler. Took to Temecula body shop here in southern Cali and man oh man I'm truly happy. Ok pics coming please don't go in on me yet just had to write this
Old 06-19-2017, 09:38 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I have been waiting to make a decision on ordering one. I have heard that the C7 Carbon ZR1 Extended Spoiler was to have been replaced with a new mold which truly would have a tight fit. On their prior mold I heard there were dimples and gaps on the fitment which made it hard to work with. I’m curious on the latest version to see if they got the problem corrected yet. Give us photos on fitment and finish as we’re all curious.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 PM
YB80
Intermediate

I sure will I know exactly what you mean or may be looking for I will take with my wife's android, my iPhone picture does not serve justice to how good it looks
Old 06-19-2017, 10:25 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Thanks, looking forward to your full review on this product. Hopefully it has improved with a better fit and finish closer to the Katech.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:36 PM
J504
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure when the new molds came into place. But I purchased the extended spoiler back in December and fitment was terrible. Received a replacement 2 months later and fitment was a lot better but I still had to sand some areas to get it to sit flush.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:05 PM
YB80
Intermediate

Originally Posted by J504
Not sure when the new molds came into place. But I purchased the extended spoiler back in December and fitment was terrible. Received a replacement 2 months later and fitment was a lot better but I still had to sand some areas to get it to sit flush.

Mine fit perfect per the body shop only minor adjustment was the third brake light needed minor adjustment to fit flush but no fitment issue I'll take pics this weekend with close ups...maybe my prayers were answered because I prayed I wouldn't have bad experience with fitment and luckily I didn't!

Last edited by YB80; 06-21-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:12 AM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Hey any luck getting some photos of this latest version of this C7 Carbon Extended Spoiler yet? I'm looking to see if there's any gaps and to see if the finish & finish is acceptable. I hear so many guys that got these and disappointed cause it doesn't sit flat on the deck lid as their not leveled across and on the ends as well as you have to sand them to fit. Let's see if you can get us some detail photos and close up too. Thx
Old 06-27-2017, 09:14 AM
jth08base
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where did you buy that hood!?!?! Your car is beautiful with that hood and the carbon kit.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:34 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Just Curious as to when you ordered your WING and when you actually received it.

I have been waiting 3 months for my Carbon extended Spoiler.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:07 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by chassed
Just Curious as to when you ordered your WING and when you actually received it.

I have been waiting 3 months for my Carbon extended Spoiler.
Last I asked C7, this is about what the lead time is. Try calling them for an update..
Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Last I asked C7, this is about what the lead time is. Try calling them for an update..
I ordered first of April, and was initially told 8 weeks LOL

I have been in contact with them... its delay after delay....
Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by chassed
I ordered first of April, and was initially told 8 weeks LOL

I have been in contact with them... its delay after delay....
I can never understand this. They shouldn't be taking orders if they can't fill them, or AT LEAST be honest about how long it's actually going to take.

These are not even custom/personalized items. There is no reason it should take that long unless maybe they have one guy handmaking each one in his basement in China.

They really should get their production in order.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:03 AM
jth08base
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in the same boat. Ordered in early april was told 4-5 weeks. When I called after I was told 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks I was told 3 additional weeks and an apology for the delay. After 11 weeks I decided to cancel the order.

Good Luck!
Old 06-29-2017, 12:30 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jth08base
Im in the same boat. Ordered in early april was told 4-5 weeks. When I called after I was told 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks I was told 3 additional weeks and an apology for the delay. After 11 weeks I decided to cancel the order.

Good Luck!
That's a shame man...Although I hate waiting. I truly think itll be worth it.

Mine is to ship next week!
Old 07-01-2017, 01:55 PM
YB80
Intermediate

Old 07-01-2017, 01:58 PM
YB80
Intermediate

where did you buy that hood!?!?! Your car is beautiful with that hood and the carbon kit.
Thanks! Purchased from RK Sport it's the Violator version
Old 07-01-2017, 02:02 PM
YB80
Intermediate

Good Luck!
took months but I was just patient to be honest they told me they had bad molds come out and did not want to send me a crappy one. I'm glad I waited and got my hands on one that fits perfectly. They were very nice about ordeal and followed up with me as promised and apologized. I work for big company and I understand delays but this was worth the wait.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Carbon review

Old 07-01-2017, 11:36 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Originally Posted by YB80
took months but I was just patient to be honest they told me they had bad molds come out and did not want to send me a crappy one. I'm glad I waited and got my hands on one that fits perfectly. They were very nice about ordeal and followed up with me as promised and apologized. I work for big company and I understand delays but this was worth the wait.
So is your extended ZR1 wing is made from the latest upgraded mold? How was the fitment on this piece. Did this fit straight out of the box or did you have any issues or work where you needed to do sanding to form it to fit? From the photos it looks pretty good. Was there any dimples on top once you torqued it down?
Old 07-02-2017, 09:23 AM
YB80
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SPEEDEMON
So is your extended ZR1 wing is made from the latest upgraded mold? How was the fitment on this piece. Did this fit straight out of the box or did you have any issues or work where you needed to do sanding to form it to fit? From the photos it looks pretty good. Was there any dimples on top once you torqued it down?
perfect fitment. Body shop said they had no issues other than third brake light just needed a little adjustment to fit flush but took shop maybe 4-5 hrs to install side skirts and rear wing. Looks real sharp! I'm not perfectionist but this looks damn near perfect. No dimples either I promise it looks real real clean and professionally made and installed. I'm a happy camper 😁
Old 07-02-2017, 10:36 AM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Hey, thanks for the input. I'm considering ordering an unpainted wing so I'll be matching my body color. Hopefully it won't be a forever wait.

Quick Reply: C7 Carbon review