Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Gas tank problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Venom Snake
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gas tank problem

I am having a little problem with the gas tank on the right side which is the passenger's side one. So the car uses only on the left and while the right one is usually full and does not run through the fuel pump. The car sometimes stops while the right tank is full actually. So dont know what could be the problem here.

its definitely with the right tank as it is not going to the main tank and fuel pump. Any idea?
Old 06-20-2017, 10:15 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

there is a venturi tube between both tanks to keep the fuel flowing between both...possibly a blockage (not sure how that would actually occur) ?
Old 06-20-2017, 11:51 PM
fattiremike
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
there is a venturi tube between both tanks to keep the fuel flowing between both...possibly a blockage (not sure how that would actually occur) ?
Yep. There is no fuel pump in the right hand tank. The pump in the left side tank pushes fuel through crossover lines that pass through the crossover tube. There is a venturi pump that uses the passing fuel from the l/h tank to suck the fuel from the r/h tank out first. Most likely, your venturi is clogged. I just did the sending unit in the r/h tank and it is a real pain.

This is the thread I used to get familiarized with the process:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fuel-pump.html

Hope this helps.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:58 PM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by fattiremike
Yep. There is no fuel pump in the right hand tank. The pump in the left side tank pushes fuel through crossover lines that pass through the crossover tube. There is a venturi pump that uses the passing fuel from the l/h tank to suck the fuel from the r/h tank out first. Most likely, your venturi is clogged. I just did the sending unit in the r/h tank and it is a real pain.

This is the thread I used to get familiarized with the process:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fuel-pump.html

Hope this helps.

that's a good thread I just had to drop my driver tank twice it's really not that bad but does suck.

Get notified of new replies

To Gas tank problem

Quick Reply: [Z06] Gas tank problem