Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Balance carbon ceramic rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 11:25 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Balance carbon ceramic rotors

I have a 2011 ZR1 with 9,000 miles and a slight vibration at 80mph. Have had tires replaced and road force balanced. Out of patience with the dealership. Need to keep looking for the problem. Anyone know of a reputable shop in the mid-atlantic area that can check the balance and make balance corrections on these rotors. Any help appreciated.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:08 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sixspeed
I have a 2011 ZR1 with 9,000 miles and a slight vibration at 80mph. Have had tires replaced and road force balanced. Out of patience with the dealership. Need to keep looking for the problem. Anyone know of a reputable shop in the mid-atlantic area that can check the balance and make balance corrections on these rotors. Any help appreciated.
Have you checked the rotors for run out?
Imo, it would take a huge imbalance in the rotor to feel a vibration.

Any braking anomalies? Vibration? Slightly pulling to one side under moderate braking at hwy speeds?
Old 06-24-2017, 06:37 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

I had it in my 2012. Sure can be a pain in the ***.

Read thru some of this:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-issues.html

Last edited by ufaj26; 06-24-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 PM
catchcan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 03sixspeed
I had the same problem with my 2011 Carbon Z06, I fixed my by pulling off one of the front wheels at a time and putting a small make with a paint pen on the inside of the rim right by one of the stud holes and marking one of the studs itself.

Then install the wheel one stud hole clockwise and torque the lug nuts to 100 ft/lbs in 3 stages. Follow this process one front wheel at a time and one stud hole at a time. Taking the car for a drive between moving the wheel clockwise one stud hole. This worked for me.

Good luck!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:28 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Default balance rotors

Originally Posted by db2xpert
Have you checked the rotors for run out?
Imo, it would take a huge imbalance in the rotor to feel a vibration.

Any braking anomalies? Vibration? Slightly pulling to one side under moderate braking at hwy speeds?
Nothing abnormal when braking at all. Only start feeling the vibration at 75 & up. Have read plenty of posts on the subject & been to the dealer numerous times. Dealer has been replaced tires & road force balanced. Problem is less noticable from when purchased but still there. Car was bought GM certified but it does not cover brake rotors. Trying to correct the issue withought the cost of repacement. Runout has been checked also. Thanks for all sugestions. Will try indexing the fronts & see what happens. Still looking for a shop that can balance the rotors.

Get notified of new replies

To Balance carbon ceramic rotors

Quick Reply: Balance carbon ceramic rotors