Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] FS: Cup Wheels C6/ZR1/Z06

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:48 PM
CasperZR
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FS: Cup Wheels C6/ZR1/Z06

Car is leaving my possession here shortly, so I've been stripping off the minimal amount of goodies to get the car back to 100% stock. I purchased a set of OEM cup wheels about a year ago and put roughly about 5,000 miles on this setup.

To make a long story short, I am a stickler for details. I wanted a factory look with an aggressive offset to bring the wheels flush with the fenders. Instead of running a spacer, I opted to run an adapter. In that case, I needed more recess on the mounting pad of the wheel in order for the factory studs to not interfere with the wheel sitting flush on the hub. All was perfect.

HOWEVER, during the time of which I had recess added via a drill press, the machine shop neglected to put any sort of protection against the face of the wheel and their machine surface. Therefore, during this time, the wheel slightly vibrating against a metal surface did me no favors. As you'll notice in a few pictures, some of the wheels have some very small blemishes that are only visible from about 8-10 inches away.

Aside from this small hiccup, I loved every second of this look. And, to my surprise, many enthusiasts like ourselves took notice to the aggressive look the adapter/wheel combo portrayed. I'll miss this. So, with that said, I am offering a full disclaimer that these wheels are not perfect in my eyes. To others, a used set of wheels with minimal imperfections may be tough to come by. They have no curb rash and have been cared for meticulously.

Lastly, the new owner will be pleased to know that the wheels have also been ceramic coated. Maintenance on these will be an absolute breeze.

PRICE is $1,150 shipped.

If you've got any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a PM. The wheels do not come with TPMS sensors, packaged and ready to ship, and are located in Houston, TX.

Cheers!

P.S. I have an Elite Engineering catch can if anyone is interested. Will add photos if needed.

new upload photos
Old 07-03-2017, 09:43 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Damn I need these!
Old 07-04-2017, 07:25 PM
CasperZR
Advanced

All PM's replied to.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:04 PM
CasperZR
Advanced

Quite a few interested parties. No payment received as of yet. Will accept offers, but $500 just won't cut it at the moment.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by CasperZR
Quite a few interested parties. No payment received as of yet. Will accept offers, but $500 just won't cut it at the moment.
have u tried any polishing to get the scratches out?
Old 07-07-2017, 05:00 PM
CasperZR
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jayfabs
have u tried any polishing to get the scratches out?
I was afraid an abrasive metal polish would tarnish the coating on the wheel(s) even more, so I left them alone. However, I did take a clay-bar to each wheel and was able to take care of a few blemishes. Other than that, that's about as close as I think they'll get.

To be honest, the pictures actually make them seem worse than they really are. Just wanted to be transparent with the next owner. When I was a foot away from the car, I couldn't tell anything was there.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:39 PM
CasperZR
Advanced

Sold

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Cup Wheels C6/ZR1/Z06

Quick Reply: [ZR1] FS: Cup Wheels C6/ZR1/Z06