Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 5 Year/15K miles maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:30 PM
schecter7
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 5 Year/15K miles maintenance?

'12 Z06 - bought recently

1. Condenser/radiator picked up a huge amount of crap as I drove it home from the dealership 1300 miles away. AC started smelling literally like pee for first 10/15 seconds in the morning. So took it to the dealer - had them change oil and cabin filter, clean out the craps. Will see if it helps with the smell. Did anyone have a similar issue with the AC air smell?

2. Also changed air filter

3. I'd have declined the fuel induction service if I was first owner. So did that too - their service dept. did great jobs in the past. But I am a little confused about 'premium EFI kit' in the service details. The idle throttle definitely improved. But what's this EFI thing anyway?

4. Of course, they always mess with the PSI - 32 (still great for 100F+ day). On my way home, as the PSI reached 35, the ride got 'very' bumpy, was scared to take the high speed turn at 5 over the limit, dropped about 2 psi - it was great again! Michelin PSS - is there any way it could have flat spots as it's been sitting with the new tires for about a year and a half or any other suspension component to check? I never had issues with GYs/Pirellis with turning at 10/15+ mph with 2+ PSIs in the Camaro SS's I had before.

5. Did the ranger method already.

If anything else is recommended based on vehicle age, please let me know. Trying to get it right from the beginning, but I'm still not 100% happy at the turns. Thanks!

Last edited by schecter7; 07-20-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Brake fluid flush.
Coolant flush and new T-stat.

I also did the trans and rear diff when my '09 hit 4 yrs old and had ~12K miles.
The following users liked this post:
schecter7 (07-24-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

I'm @ 54K on my '08, just had coolant, rear end flushed/filled + oil change done.

Knew Master Cylinder's under recall & would be replaced w/ upgraded improved version if I told 'em my clutch felt 'odd'.
They replaced it under GM's warranty, not my GMEPP and I'm sure when work was done a flush & refill was performed on brake system also.
Now fresh fluids all-around & presently waiting for my nose to return to its normal length.

Given you're only at 15K, sounds like all the important stuff's been covered. Only thing left is to enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
schecter7 (07-24-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To 5 Year/15K miles maintenance?

Quick Reply: [Z06] 5 Year/15K miles maintenance?